NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HansGruber

Reaction score
pehawk":1f5doair said:
You should hear how I order drinks on MLK and 23rd.

LOL.

Although you've obviously never stepped foot in the 'hood. MLK is parrallel to 23rd.

pehawk

Reaction score
Where ever the grocery outlet is? That's technically 23rd and Madison, I think. But, that's where I copped my crack.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
No I'm serious. I heard a spokesperson for one of the NA groups and she was asked about the other Indian-derived names and she said that they were going after the Redskins first because it was the most egregious one, and they have limited resources, but after that they're going after all the rest of them--Chiefs too.

HansGruber

Reaction score
pehawk":38q6m3z9 said:
Where ever the grocery outlet is? That's technically 23rd and Madison, I think. But, that's where I copped my crack.

Do you use the same terms when getting your chicken at Ezelle's up the street? It's a great place to get some chicken, walk across the street to the community center, and get into some gang sh*t.

Ya know what really pisses me off? Ezelle's isn't really Ezelle's anymore. Seriously. The original Ezelle got bought out or something, and now he runs a chicken place up on Lake City Way or something ridiculous like that. Man, when I'm about to stone-cold blast a fool with my gat, I want some authentic Ezelle's fried chicken and those awesome sweet rolls first. Mmmm. Nothing goes with murder and/or crack better than some Ezelle's fried chicken.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":34ff4pu4 said:
No I'm serious. I heard a spokesperson for one of the NA groups and she was asked about the other Indian-derived names and she said that they were going after the Redskins first because it was the most egregious one, and they have limited resources, but after that they're going after all the rest of them--Chiefs too.

Hey hey, check this out, serious man, hey, so check this out man, hey check this out, so I heard the Seattle Police are all up in people's minds and stuff, they can read your thoughts too. No I'm serious man, hey, check this out, no I'm serious. Hey. Check this out. I'm not just saying that cuz of the yayo, this satellite stuff is real man. Hey, hey, check this out, no seriously, check this out, Hey, do you got a quarter? My car broke down and I need some bus fare to Tacoma. Hey, man,check it out, you gotta be careful, those pigs are watching you man, hey man, no seriously, hey man check this out, no I'm serious.

Oh sorry, my bad, someone was talking about crack and it made me want some so I took a hit. But seriously man, hey, check this out, they really are listening man, no I'm serious, hey, check it out.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Ha ha. I ain't making it up.
P.S. I used to score crack at 23rd and Union and have known people who worked at Ezell's--I have met both Louis and Ezell, the original owners. They split 20 years ago and one of them spun off "Ezell's Famous Fried Chicken". I have gorged on many hundreds of pieces of Ezell's. Yum yum. ;) In my opinion the end started when they switched to the injected premarinated chicken instead of marinating it manually in tubs.

Throwdown

Reaction score
The threat was eliminated pretty handily the other day. No political road blocks stand in the way right now.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Well, unless Hansen copped to the NBA that he did this back during the initial ruckus, I'd say he's probably put himself in a position where he'll be blacklisted by the NBA for interfering in one of their public funding schemes. He's out.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
If you're going to do that, make sure you a) don't get caught, b) actually get your referendum going, and c) don't get caught.

Sacramento's arena is never getting built, so honestly it is still the Kings or nothing. I'm past the NBA ever coming back myself, to be honest, so it doesn't matter to me, but this makes sense in theory - as long as you don't get caught.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
pinksheets":ngnj7o2q said:
Well, unless Hansen copped to the NBA that he did this back during the initial ruckus, I'd say he's probably put himself in a position where he'll be blacklisted by the NBA for interfering in one of their public funding schemes. He's out.
naw, I don't know, If Darth Stern wasn't leaving I'd be more apt to agree..... this (Sonics-Sac) situation was more fixed than Super Bowl XL* (and that's sayin' a lot) its another reason I think they should have gone "scorched earth" on the NBA and sued the living beejesus out of that crap league.

Playing nice, with a bunch of power hungry nimrods and morons usually doesn't pay off, you have to use a language they understand, a curb stomping via lawsuit!

JOz56

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":6ihf1fwt said:
pinksheets":6ihf1fwt said:
naw, I don't know, If Darth Stern wasn't leaving I'd be more apt to agree..... this (Sonics-Sac) situation was more fixed than Super Bowl XL* (and that's sayin' a lot) its another reason I think they should have gone "scorched earth" on the NBA and sued the living beejesus out of that crap league.

Playing nice, with a bunch of power hungry nimrods and morons usually doesn't pay off, you have to use a language they understand, a curb stomping via lawsuit!

Tis what I would have preferred. I get the feeling that the NBA is content with making us the boogey man anyways and not giving us a team, so might as well burn the bridge and ensure they have to find some other way to scare teams into falling in line. And if the NBA really wants to go the "moral" route on this anyways, then screw em. They lost that right a long time ago.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
pinksheets":1jrpsmqw said:
If pinksheets says we're in trouble than were in trouble. Don't know how Chris thought this wouldn't catch up to him sooner or later. Smh. :cry:

JOz56

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2j1tzk7n said:
Everything I've read or heard so far indicates he and by association we (Seattle) are screwed.

If that truly is the case, then screw Stern and the NBA, for all of this. It should have never gotten to this point in the first place, and where they get off having any moral right is beyond psychotic. I'll turn my attention towards the NHL now.

Subzero717

Reaction score
JOz56":2uox3vvo said:
CALIHAWK1":2uox3vvo said:
Everything I've read or heard so far indicates he and by association we (Seattle) are screwed.

If that truly is the case, then screw Stern and the NBA, for all of this. It should have never gotten to this point in the first place, and where they get off having any moral right is beyond psychotic. I'll turn my attention towards the NHL now.

Screw Stern, yes. However this looks way bad and was way wrong on Hansens part. As far as NHL it's probably no NBA arena no NHL team.

Status
Not open for further replies.