Deflategate basically over after today's press conf

Status
Not open for further replies.

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
Pats called a pc today. Belichick detailed a series of experiments the team performed the past couple of days. The main news was that the prepping/rubbing of the footballs, which occurs just prior to turning them over the ref for measurement, causes the psi to go up by 1 full psi. So if they do that and turn it over the ref at 12.5 psi, after a while of sitting, the balls will lose that 1 psi down to 11.5. The diff in temps from indoors to outdoors accounts for additional .5 psi change. So the psi went down in their experiments by a total of 1.5 psi. They were able to duplicate this for multiple footballs.

Very convincing, and I'm sure they documented the crap out of everything they did. It's over, the league will have to back off, though I won't hold my breath for the apology they owe.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
Lol

Get out of here.

The Patriots cheated and now they are doing whatever they can to cover it up.

Watching pats fans scramble this past week has been hilarious.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Basically over?

Except the Colts balls didn't deflate, so it makes everything he said null.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
Just 2 days ago Bill knew absolutely nothing about the balls and now he is a scientific expert on them??

Foghawk

Reaction score
Doesn't get more convincing then that folks.

130512-oj-hmed-1p.jpg

OP
OP

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
You'll see. This is dead and buried. NE did nothing wrong. Who knows what Indy did preparing their balls, but most likely they had them outdoors on a bus prior to handing them over to the ref. No rubbing them up that afternoon, no temp diff = no psi change.

forgivenhawksfan

Reaction score
Yeah, exactly, Patriots balls deflate by 2 psi during the game but colts balls don't. Good job belicheat, I'm convinced. Lmao

DohBoy

Reaction score
Uh yeah...we went ahead and self-investigated ourselves and uh, we did some experimental stuffs and uh, we didn't find anything wrong and stuff. So uh, lets just call this one closed and move on now. You're welcome.

41Grbv8

Rocket

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":3o1vrrh0 said:
Very convincing

Wow... I watched it... I saw it differently.

I feel so sad that I am unable to use the R word and/or the F & I words to describe this post(er) who seems to have failed math, logic and statistics in grade school.

H O M E R
J.
P A T S F A N
L I V E S !!!

RunTheBall

Reaction score
2 days ago: Belicheat says he has no clue about how the footballs are prepared and basically defers to Tom Brady

Today: Belicheat says he knows exactly how the footballs are prepared and says no one broke any rules.

Yep, his story IS SO BELIEVABLE.

Rocket

Reaction score
Yes, the Colts balls were tested, and passed.

"ESPN Sports Radio 810 in Kansas City reported that the Patriots' footballs were tested at the half, reinflated at that time when they were found to be low, then put back in play for the second half, and then tested again after the game. The report did not reveal the results of the test following the game. All of the balls the Colts used met standards, according to the report."

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/i ... nship-game

Hawkpower

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":h1khjqv0 said:
You'll see. This is dead and buried. NE did nothing wrong. Who knows what Indy did preparing their balls, but most likely they had them outdoors on a bus prior to handing them over to the ref. No rubbing them up that afternoon, no temp diff = no psi change.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys are too much.

Foghawk

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":1vs2w5z1 said:

749831ab861ad295bdfc9a429cd308ab

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":13tm44p0 said:
Pats called a pc today. Belichick detailed a series of experiments the team performed the past couple of days. The main news was that the prepping/rubbing of the footballs, which occurs just prior to turning them over the ref for measurement, causes the psi to go up by 1 full psi. So if they do that and turn it over the ref at 12.5 psi, after a while of sitting, the balls will lose that 1 psi down to 11.5. The diff in temps from indoors to outdoors accounts for additional .5 psi change. So the psi went down in their experiments by a total of 1.5 psi. They were able to duplicate this for multiple footballs.

Very convincing, and I'm sure they documented the crap out of everything they did. It's over, the league will have to back off, though I won't hold my breath for the apology they owe.

Basically over :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
RunTheBall":xj7sixrc said:
2 days ago: Belicheat says he has no clue about how the footballs are prepared and basically defers to Tom Brady

Today: Belicheat says he knows exactly how the footballs are prepared and says no one broke any rules.

Yep, his story IS SO BELIEVABLE.

2011: Brady says he prefers footballs to be deflated somewhat

2015: Brady suddenly has no idea how to tell the difference.

The only ones who buy this story are the Patriot homers.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":3fw93y5y said:

Lisa, I want to buy your rock.

Lisarockkeepstigersaway

Status
Not open for further replies.