.NET Fearless Prediction Thread: #6 Lions at #3 Seahawks

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
We are now less than 48 hours away from another playoff run.

The Seahawks have been stumbling for the majority of the 2nd half of the season, and some would say they are figuratively and literally limping into the playoffs. The offense has major question marks, the defense is missing Earl Thomas in a big way, and yet the Seahawks find themselves with (possibly) a nice road to their 3rd NFC Title game appearance in 4 years.

First things first, the NFC North runner up. The Detroit Lions came to C-Link a year ago and ... well if you were living under a rock.. this is how that game ended:

[youtube]AWcgM6X5rpE[/youtube]

Entering this contest, the Lions are on a slump of their own. They have dropped their last 3 games and narrowly beat the lowly Bears at home by a field goal. Matthew Stafford has a dislocated middle finger on his throwing hand, and has struggled since suffering the injury.

The Lions, like us, cannot run the football. Their leading rusher Theo Riddick is out for the remainder of the playoffs. Their second leading rusher is Zach Zenner, who Michael Bennett called the best white RB in football :lol: . Their WR corps are now led by former Seahawk Golden Tate and former Bengal Marvin Jones. Calvin Johnson has since retired. Eric Ebron is a big time threat in the passing game. Andre Roberts has been a stellar performer in the return game. The Lions cupboard is not bare in other words.

The Lions defense is ranked 32nd overall in DVOA. There are only 32 teams in the NFL. This should bode well for us - YOU WOULD THINK.

But this is the same Seahawks team that has looked miserable at times. It remains to be seen what team will show up Saturday night, but if its the one from the past few weeks.. this game could be a whole lot closer than it needs to be.

I'm banking on a combo of the good Hawks and bad Hawks showing up on Sunday. And I'm banking on at least one more week of Seahawks football until the long, long, long offseason commences.

Prediction: Seahawks 27, Lions 17

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Ezekiel Ansah has a career game against George Fant. #94 causes havoc all game, causing Wilson to be under constant pressure. Bevell refuses to use a back or tight end to chip at the LOS.

Defensively, Seattle struggles to get off the field on 3rd down, causing a lopsided TOP.

Detroit 17 Seattle 13

Bonus challenge: Take a shot every time AL Michaels brings up the KJ Wright batting the ball out of bounds play. When Jerry Austin rose from the dead to inform the country about an obscure rule so that ESPN and the rest of the nation will continue to hate the evil Seahawks

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Seahawks 24, Lions 20. Instant classic. Defense saves the day with a huge turnover late.

It is going to be a struggle. I called a struggle last week vs. SF, and some people laughed. Told ya so.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Seahawks 19 - Lions 16
Lions lead 10-7 at half.
4 Haushka FG's in the 2nd half to win it.
There will be more Atlanta fans on this forum next week than Hawks fans.:)

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Seahawks 34
Lions 24

I will down a shot every time Stafford gets hit and will expect to be blind by halftime.

RTD 10-5-1

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yet another slow start, tied at 10 at the Half, Hawks fans freaking out etc.
Hawks pull away in the 2nd half, and hold off yet another 4th quarter comeback by the Lions that falls short.

Hawks 26-18

2_0_6

Reaction score
I don't think I have called a blowout this season.....until' now.

Hawks come out on fire and step on the Lions throats early..

31-13 Hawks

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Honestly I think RW without that brace has a great game.The D performs and Alex Collins shines
Hawks 28-10

zchurch74

Reaction score
31-12 Lions

I have a feeling we are going to get another big injury. We will start out slow AGAIN and the Lions will put up 17 on us by midway thru the 2nd quarter. Stafford is going to have our secondary on their heels all day long. Haus misses another extra point. The weather is going to be bad and limit Russell and the Offense for a 2nd half comeback.

Its been a good season with all the injuries and I hate to say it but Im ready for the offseason. I really think we are going to make some moves with our coaching staff, free agency, and the draft. Hawks 2017!

2_0_6

Reaction score
If the Hawks give up more than 27 to this Lions team we will have MAJOR issues this offseason.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I'm feeling hopeful so I'm going to call a 35-21 game. Russ throws for 4 TD and Collins runs for 80 yds and a TD.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Revenge of Percy Harvin: The Final Chapter

Letting go Golden for Percy will finally come back to haunt us. Golden Tate will eat our CBs alive in the slot. Marvin Jones will get Sherman shadowing him. Pair that with Boldin vs Shead and I see our secondary having extreme difficulty stopping their passing game. I see them getting to a strong start with our offense sputtering as it always does. Russell will come out with a turnover which leads to a TD on the very first drive. We'll narrow the lead down to 24-23 and have Detroit in a 3rd and long with 2:04 left in the game. Stafford will hit Tate for a 67 yard blown coverage TD and he jumps into the Endzone holding his crotch. Russell will drive us down to the 10 yd line with 10 seconds left. The last play of the game is a missed throw to a covered Kearse while Baldwin is open in the endzone and Jimmy is stuck blocking. Jimmy goes off on Bevell as he walks off the field and Sherman joins him. Paul Allen pulls a power move and fires Bevell and a angry Pete retires out of protest. Harbaugh is hired from Michigan and becomes the next coach of the Seahawks.

End of 1st: Lions 14 - Hawks 0
End of 2nd: Lions 21 - Hawks 6
End of 3rd: Lions 24 - Hawks 13
Final: Lions 31 - Hawks 23

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
ludakrishna":qayska1l said:
Revenge of Percy Harvin: The Final Chapter

Letting go Golden for Percy will finally come back to haunt us. Golden Tate will eat our CBs alive in the slot. Marvin Jones will get Sherman shadowing him. Pair that with Boldin vs Shead and I see our secondary having extreme difficulty stopping their passing game. I see them getting to a strong start with our offense sputtering as it always does. Russell will come out with a turnover which leads to a TD on the very first drive. We'll narrow the lead down to 24-23 and have Detroit in a 3rd and long with 2:04 left in the game. Stafford will hit Tate for a 67 yard blown coverage TD and he jumps into the Endzone holding his crotch. Russell will drive us down to the 10 yd line with 10 seconds left. The last play of the game is a missed throw to a covered Kearse while Baldwin is open in the endzone and Jimmy is stuck blocking. Jimmy goes off on Bevell as he walks off the field and Sherman joins him. Paul Allen pulls a power move and fires Bevell and a angry Pete retires out of protest. Harbaugh is hired from Michigan and becomes the next coach of the Seahawks.

End of 1st: Lions 14 - Hawks 0
End of 2nd: Lions 21 - Hawks 6
End of 3rd: Lions 24 - Hawks 13
Final: Lions 31 - Hawks 23

Nice! Is that sh*t legal?

SeaChat

Reaction score
I think you have it right this time around, not that you haven't on many other occasions, I'm always way to generous with score spreads in the Seahawks favor, because I project with my heart instead of my head. I always believe that my Hawks are going to emerge victorious and that is not likely to ever change for me.

I am a die hard Seahawk fan and I truly do BELIEVE in this team and what they are capable of. I am not in anyway dismissing the Lions, they will give it everything they have, but I'm also convinced that Seattle is really pumped up right now, and are ready to go get themselves a Super Bowl title.

The Seahawks don't just want to win in this game, because they are at home in front of the 12, hell that is a given every time they play in the Clink. They want to win because they are on a mission. There is that saying about "kicking asses and taking names", and that is where I see the Seahawks right now. They are going to come out fighting for real from here on out, they are on a mission and anyone and everyone standing between them and a Super Bowl win are in for the fights of their NFL careers.

Pete is not a virgin in this territory either, he has been here a few times in his career, and knows what it's going to take to lead his guys through these waters, and bring them home with some pretty new rings at the end of the run.

We are not as beat up, and out of it, as a lot of folks would like to suggest, short of Earl and Tyler, we are still pretty much in tact. It will interesting to see if as a surprise for the Lions, he opts to use Hester in Earls place, a position he has played in the past, and did a pretty damn nice job at that position at that time. C.J. is on the mend, running and hopefully able to complete full practice sessions next week, so he can be there to help out as well against the Falcons.

Your not going to easily beat the Seahawks from here on out, if they do get beat, their going to go down swinging to the very end. Look for our offense to pull out all the stops, and for all of our receivers to do great things, Alex Collins, has come of age, and ready to do big things for us, in the running game, going down the home stretch, where we are going to need his help the most.

Without a running game we would have a really difficult time of it, but that isn't a factor anymore. I'll know some will scoff but by Super Bowl time a lot of his critics will be talking about how damn much he looks like Marshawn when he has the ball, I expect we will see some pretty amazing things from Alex from here on out.

That is not to discount Rawls contributions going forward. I think he is still playing injured and probably needs a good off season to fully heal up and get back to being the animal we all know he can be. I think it would be smart to start using him as a half back or full back instead of a running back, he really isn't cut out for that type of take off.

I also will take a lot of flack from the critics when I say that Deven Hester, is going to be a game changer for us. He knows this is his last shot at establishing real history for himself in the NFL and will be playing with a vengeance that will make the Atlanta Falcons rue the day they released him. Hester wants to leave the game with a SB ring and Pete gave him an opportunity to take it if he wants. He will leave nothing on the field either from here on out. We have seen it before and I think we are going to see it again, with a has been, who still has a little magic left in the tank.

Okay enough rambling, my prediction:

Seahawks: 38
Lions: 20

Go Seahawks !