Alternate 12 flag Facebook page

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

Which 12 flag do you like better?

Current 12 flag
58
56%
Proposed new 12 flag
46
44%
I'm an opposing team's fan and scared of either option
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 104

Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:19 am
  • That's weird. I threw this one together in Photoshop last year:

    Image

    But, yeah, a new flag is definitely necessary. The current one incorporates the old colors and the old number font. Also, the 'Seahawk Blue' color in the current flag always struck me as a bit girly.
    Plus, Paul Allen, as a smart business man, should see this change as a way to create some new merchandising revenue...

    Anyway, I hope your friend gets some momentum going to change the flag.
    "It was so loud Derrick Coleman heard it."
    User avatar
    Thunderhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 501
    Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:44 pm


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:22 am
  • Looks good, I would like it better if the feathers were made bigger on the sides so that there were 12 on each side. Other than that I like it I would buy one.
    It's about damn time TEZ is in the HOF
    tacomahawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 374
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:36 am
    Location: T-town


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:27 am
  • Lollllll niners fan is SO mad because his team came up here and got butthoused. What a joke of a team and fan base. Go join the rest of the bay area in complaining about the mean Seahawks and their unfairly loud stadium.
    Formerly known as Seahawk425.
    User avatar
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 666
    Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:02 pm


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:34 am
  • 9erEmpire wrote:In my opinion, I think the emergence of the 12th man and the Seattle's soccer fans, was due in large part because of the Sonics leaving.

    After the Sonics left due to poor fan support, Seattle sports and their fans have been much more outspoken and supportive.



    That post is so Jackwagon that it is clearly just trolling in anger from this week's Niner tragedy. Explain the KingDome's effect on QB's like John Elway or the inability to obtain a ticket to a game without being on the waiting list back in the 80's? We were doing it long before and doing it well.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5885
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:41 am
  • Pretty sure that is the same 49er fan who wrote the letter to the newspaper about how Seahawks fans are too loud.. What a tool.
    User avatar
    Kamcussion
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 342
    Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:38 pm


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:45 am
  • GoldenTater81 wrote:Pretty sure that is the same 49er fan who wrote the letter to the newspaper about how Seahawks fans are too loud.. What a tool.
    he has brought up people losing their hearing on multiple threads so you may be right
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7205
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:04 am
  • 9erEmpire wrote:After the Sonics left due to poor fan support


    I swear everyone not from the seattle area still thinks this is why the sonics left
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    U MAD BRAH?
    User avatar
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 822
    Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:52 pm
    Location: Redmond, WA


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:05 am
  • No offense Sailor, but I don't see any reason to change the flag since it's not really tied to any of the old/new team colors, i think it stands alone. It would be cool to have that as another option (an alternate) but not replace IMO.
    Image
    Les - "Mark, you're my favorite player"
    Mark - "Mine too!"
    User avatar
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *
     
    Posts: 4039
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:23 am
    Location: Owner's Box


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:34 am
  • I've been wanting an updated flag for a long time. I plan on making my own anyway.
    Image
    User avatar
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1561
    Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:30 pm
    Location: Olympia


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:56 am
  • RockHawk wrote:No offense Sailor, but I don't see any reason to change the flag since it's not really tied to any of the old/new team colors, i think it stands alone. It would be cool to have that as another option (an alternate) but not replace IMO.


    Yea, I don't know that I'd want to replace it completely either. But it'd be cool to have as an option. I love the option of having new and old school Seahawks flags to fly, and this would just add more to that.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    User avatar
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 18800
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
    Location: The beautiful PNW


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:36 am
  • 9erEmpire wrote::facepalm

    Seattle fans should give their team more credit. Fans don't play the game. Stop acting like you have a game to play Sunday.

    It's because of this, the media doesn't take your team serious. Every time some media outlet mentions your team, they always mention how bad you guys are on the road.

    I know winning is new to some fans but geez, you guys went to the SB not too long ago. Act like you have been there before.


    What the hell is this joker even talking about.

    GTFO.
    Image

    Go Hawks.
    User avatar
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2204
    Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:06 am


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:24 pm
  • 9erEmpire wrote:In my opinion, I think the emergence of the 12th man and the Seattle's soccer fans, was due in large part because of the Sonics leaving.

    After the Sonics left due to poor fan support, Seattle sports and their fans have been much more outspoken and supportive.


    Hmm, the 12th man jersey was retired in 1984.

    Seahawks fans invented the wave in the early 80's.

    Rules changes were implemented to control crowd noise in response to 12th man influence long before the Sonics left.

    Seems to me the 12th man has always been a factor. Sure, it grows with success, but lets not pretend this is some new phenonema.
    <A>
    <IMG></A>
    User avatar
    McGruff
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 1605
    Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:14 am
    Location: Elma, WA


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:29 pm
  • At first I was all "yeah, let's do it!" but then I thought about it and I think they should leave it be. I want one though. For my house.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 14737
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:31 pm
  • I like the change up in the blue, honestly
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19213
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:32 pm
  • McGruff wrote:Seahawks fans invented the wave in the early 80's.


    Huskies fans, at Husky stadium. I was there.
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    User avatar
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *
     
    Posts: 4157
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:06 am


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:36 pm
  • Thats totally what the new 12th man flag shoukd look like. Doesnt make any sense why it didnt change with the uniforms. Send this to the Seahawks, and let them know it needs to be changed. They seem to think theres no way we can change the 12th man flag. Its dumb.
    Seaswab
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 928
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:19 pm


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:44 pm
  • It looks okay. Would look even better without the green stripes on the sides. Just dark blue flag with the new 12 on it.
    soxhawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 144
    Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:27 pm


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:44 pm
  • 9erEmpire wrote:In my opinion, I think the emergence of the 12th man and the Seattle's soccer fans, was due in large part because of the Sonics leaving.

    After the Sonics left due to poor fan support, Seattle sports and their fans have been much more outspoken and supportive.



    The Seahawks retired the #12 jersey back in the 80's for it's fans and called them the '12th Man'.... do your history!!!
    User avatar
    Johnny
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 586
    Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:16 am
    Location: At a McDonald's inside a Walmart.


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:47 pm
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:For those of you on Facebook, a friend of mine has put together a Facebook page to promote interest in an alternate 12 flag, one that reflects the traditions displayed in the new uniforms. Check it out, and join if you'd like.

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1418440285044364/

    Image



    Has this been sent to the hawks and what was their response?
    Seaswab
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 928
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:19 pm


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:49 pm
  • 9erEmpire wrote::facepalm

    Seattle fans should give their team more credit. Fans don't play the game. Stop acting like you have a game to play Sunday.

    It's because of this, the media doesn't take your team serious. Every time some media outlet mentions your team, they always mention how bad you guys are on the road.

    I know winning is new to some fans but geez, you guys went to the SB not too long ago. Act like you have been there before.



    You are a clown
    Seaswab
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 928
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:19 pm


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:50 pm
  • RockHawk wrote:No offense Sailor, but I don't see any reason to change the flag since it's not really tied to any of the old/new team colors, i think it stands alone. It would be cool to have that as another option (an alternate) but not replace IMO.


    Agreed, The coaches change, the owners change, the players change, the uniforms change, the front office changes, But!, The fans are the same. The fans are the only constant in this franchise.. and that means the flag should stay the same.
    User avatar
    Johnny
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 586
    Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:16 am
    Location: At a McDonald's inside a Walmart.


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:57 pm
  • Johnny wrote:
    RockHawk wrote:No offense Sailor, but I don't see any reason to change the flag since it's not really tied to any of the old/new team colors, i think it stands alone. It would be cool to have that as another option (an alternate) but not replace IMO.


    Agreed, The coaches change, the owners change, the players change, the uniforms change, the front office changes, But!, The fans are the same. The fans are the only constant in this franchise.. and that means the flag should stay the same.



    Disagree. Looks dumb to have jerseys of a totally different color
    Seaswab
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 928
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:19 pm


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:02 pm
  • 9erEmpire wrote:In my opinion, I think the emergence of the 12th man and the Seattle's soccer fans, was due in large part because of the Sonics leaving.

    After the Sonics left due to poor fan support, Seattle sports and their fans have been much more outspoken and supportive.


    And your emergence here is a result of an inferiority complex.

    BTW - we are 4-1 in our last 5 road games. Whats the Whiners record over the same span?
    User avatar
    marymoorhawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 361
    Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:53 pm


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:05 pm
  • Seaswab wrote:Has this been sent to the hawks and what was their response?


    I was told it was pitched to "both the Graphic Designer and Creative Director months ago, and they both said their social surveys advise that the fans love the jerseys but don't want to mess with the flag."

    I think it would gain traction if a) they had a better product concept to pitch to people so they could actually see and understand what it'd look like, and b) sell it with the caveat that this would not totally replace the current one; both would be in production and available.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    User avatar
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 18800
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
    Location: The beautiful PNW


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:05 pm
  • Seaswab wrote:
    Johnny wrote:
    RockHawk wrote:No offense Sailor, but I don't see any reason to change the flag since it's not really tied to any of the old/new team colors, i think it stands alone. It would be cool to have that as another option (an alternate) but not replace IMO.


    Agreed, The coaches change, the owners change, the players change, the uniforms change, the front office changes, But!, The fans are the same. The fans are the only constant in this franchise.. and that means the flag should stay the same.



    Disagree. Looks dumb to have jerseys of a totally different color


    You don't wear any old jerseys of players from the past to games?
    User avatar
    Johnny
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 586
    Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:16 am
    Location: At a McDonald's inside a Walmart.


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:07 pm
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:
    Seaswab wrote:Has this been sent to the hawks and what was their response?


    I was told it was pitched to "both the Graphic Designer and Creative Director months ago, and they both said their social surveys advise that the fans love the jerseys but don't want to mess with the flag."

    I think it would gain traction if a) they had a better product concept to pitch to people so they could actually see and understand what it'd look like, and b) sell it with the caveat that this would not totally replace the current one; both would be in production and available.


    I like the current flag - no need to change it.
    User avatar
    marymoorhawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 361
    Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:53 pm


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:17 pm
  • Johnny wrote:
    Seaswab wrote:
    Johnny wrote:
    RockHawk wrote:No offense Sailor, but I don't see any reason to change the flag since it's not really tied to any of the old/new team colors, i think it stands alone. It would be cool to have that as another option (an alternate) but not replace IMO.


    Agreed, The coaches change, the owners change, the players change, the uniforms change, the front office changes, But!, The fans are the same. The fans are the only constant in this franchise.. and that means the flag should stay the same.



    Disagree. Looks dumb to have jerseys of a totally different color


    You don't wear any old jerseys of players from the past to games?



    They changed the jerseys and colors. If they can change that, then they should change the flag. Why do we have a flag that is another teams colors? Are we the titans or panthers? No. The flag now looks like its for a different team. It should be the same.
    Seaswab
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 928
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:19 pm


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:27 pm
  • Added a poll. Just asking which 12 flag you like better.

    Bear in mind that this will likely be pitched as an either/or option, not one that replaces what we have currently.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    User avatar
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 18800
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
    Location: The beautiful PNW


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:43 pm
  • Seaswab wrote:They changed the jerseys and colors. If they can change that, then they should change the flag. Why do we have a flag that is another teams colors? Are we the titans or panthers? No. The flag now looks like its for a different team. It should be the same.


    If that is the criteria then its never matched the teams colors - even before the current uni switch.
    User avatar
    marymoorhawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 361
    Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:53 pm


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:49 pm
  • marymoorhawk wrote:
    Seaswab wrote:They changed the jerseys and colors. If they can change that, then they should change the flag. Why do we have a flag that is another teams colors? Are we the titans or panthers? No. The flag now looks like its for a different team. It should be the same.


    If that is the criteria then its never matched the teams colors - even before the current uni switch.



    only because they couldn't find a fabric that matched the old Seahawks blue, and that was the closest they could come. Look at the old flags they used to run across the field with after Touchdowns. Same color.
    Seaswab
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 928
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:19 pm


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:55 pm
  • DEAR 9ers fans,


    You were really good a billion years ago,

    so were the cowboys & raiders and just like them NOBODY CARES NOW


    you had a primetime chance to win an easy superbowl against a week ravens team (ray lewis and ed reed were a combined 106 years old).

    you can always tell a fan of an opposing team has nothing to say about anything substantial when they start bringing up rings from eons ago, rings that (because most 9ers California fans are bandwagoners), THEY WEREN'T EVEN AROUND FOR.

    half the niners fans i talk to don't even remember some of the dudes on their team from the championship days unless its montanna or young.

    Most of you guys don't understand football or sports in general, you have representatives of your fan base motioning to stop fans from yelling at games and to let your team win, THEY SERIOUSLY BELIEVE THIS. If that isn't the epitome of entitled fans I don't think one exist.

    You coach is a lil b#$@#, he cries after every game, EVERY game about something. even the ones he wins.

    Harbaugh was given a stacked deck of a team and has managed to choke at higher and higher levels,
    Pete was given a rag tag team of has beens and never was's and turned the organization into a powerhouse, you mad?


    Most SF fans are old fat gangbangers looking for an opportunity to stab someone at a game, what a crap organization.

    oh and your logo is stupid, your players are all homophonic drunkards, and your qb looks like squidward WITH ONE EYEBROW
    We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
    Greatest defense in NFL history.
    User avatar
    Seeker
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1343
    Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:21 pm


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:47 pm
  • It's the perfect time to introduce a new "12" flag in our current colours, as we will be winning our 1st Super Bowl in them at the end of this season!
    Love 1 NFL team, hate the other 31!
    Love 1 NHL team, hate 28 other teams, and REALLY hate the Vancouver Canucks!
    User avatar
    Howie_16
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 29
    Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:48 pm
    Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:07 pm
  • soxhawk wrote:It looks okay. Would look even better without the green stripes on the sides. Just dark blue flag with the new 12 on it.


    I'm kind of interested to see it with out the green on the side also.
    20% off Karmaloop & 10% off PLNDR, rep code: DUCK20
    User avatar
    dontbelikethat
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2295
    Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:40 pm


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:48 am
  • I'm with Seeker
    Image
    User avatar
    dunceface
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3350
    Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:48 pm
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:For those of you on Facebook, a friend of mine has put together a Facebook page to promote interest in an alternate 12 flag, one that reflects the traditions displayed in the new uniforms. Check it out, and join if you'd like.

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1418440285044364/

    Image

    Edit: adding a poll to this post. Vote away 12's.

    Sorry the sheer fact that this exists is garbage. What's the matter with the old one ? We probably should stop raising the 12 man flag since thats too old school and completely has to do with our past and god knows we can't have any of that! :sarcasm_on:
    We should change Steve largents jersey to the new one too.
    Image
    User avatar
    hawkfannj
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1917
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:51 pm


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:15 pm
  • I may be in the slight minority, but I want it to stay the same. The flag is ours, the uniform is for the players. It should stand alone, separate yet one with the team. A constant that stays the same as uniforms come and go. I'd be a little hurt if they changed our beloved 12th man flag! Quit messin' with stuff. Some things are sacred and should stay the same, forever... IMO.
    Image

    May you Rest In Peace Les, my friend...
    :les:
    User avatar
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*
     
    Posts: 2716
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:39 am
    Location: Arlington, Washington


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:34 am
  • Don't mess with success! I prefer the original
    User avatar
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2491
    Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:53 am


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:40 am
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:
    RockHawk wrote:No offense Sailor, but I don't see any reason to change the flag since it's not really tied to any of the old/new team colors, i think it stands alone. It would be cool to have that as another option (an alternate) but not replace IMO.


    Yea, I don't know that I'd want to replace it completely either. But it'd be cool to have as an option. I love the option of having new and old school Seahawks flags to fly, and this would just add more to that.


    Put the old flag in the rafters and fly the new one. I do like the changes on it.
    Welcome to Mr. Wilson's Magic Show
    Strong safety Kam Chancellor, a 6-foot-3, 232-pound rhinoceros in cleats.....REED ALBERGOTTI
    Put them together, and this long-limbed, fleet-a-foot foursome forms a formidable force. ....Clare Farnsworth referencing the "Legion of Boom"
    oregonhawkfan
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 2062
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:08 pm


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:15 am
  • 9erEmpire wrote::facepalm

    Seattle fans should give their team more credit. Fans don't play the game. Stop acting like you have a game to play Sunday.

    It's because of this, the media doesn't take your team serious. Every time some media outlet mentions your team, they always mention how bad you guys are on the road.

    I know winning is new to some fans but geez, you guys went to the SB not too long ago. Act like you have been there before.

    wrong forum buddy. Scram and take your fairweather fans with you
    Image
    User avatar
    BleedGreenNblue
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 795
    Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:53 am
    Location: Augusta, GA


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:07 am
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:For those of you on Facebook, a friend of mine has put together a Facebook page to promote interest in an alternate 12 flag, one that reflects the traditions displayed in the new uniforms. Check it out, and join if you'd like.

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1418440285044364/

    Image

    Edit: adding a poll to this post. Vote away 12's.


    Love it! I think we're over due for a new flag with new colors and scheme. Can the flag in the pic be purchased? I want it!
    User avatar
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2790
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:46 am


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:10 am
  • Greenhell wrote:Love it! I think we're over due for a new flag with new colors and scheme. Can the flag in the pic be purchased? I want it!


    Check the Facebook page for details on that.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    User avatar
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 18800
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
    Location: The beautiful PNW


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:34 am
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:
    Greenhell wrote:Love it! I think we're over due for a new flag with new colors and scheme. Can the flag in the pic be purchased? I want it!


    Check the Facebook page for details on that.


    Will do.
    User avatar
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2790
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:46 am


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:07 am
  • After mulling it over for a bit, it think the flag should remain the same. It's our flag and that blue just does it for that flag. As soon as you see that blue you know when it is you're looking at
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7205
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:07 am
  • I like the thought of the flag matching the uni colors.

    And I think that 9er fans must be horrible to play card with " Full house 9er fan eat that! Sorry dude doesn't matter my team won 5 Super Bowels 50 years ago."
    Vantucky Hawk
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 31
    Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:51 pm


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:12 pm
  • Hey Fellow 12s! I appreciate Seahawk Sailor bringing the ALT 12 to your attention and asking for your feedback. This flag design has been a passion of mine for some time, and obviously Thunderhawk too! First and foremost, the answer is NO. I am not making a move to replace the Big Blue 12! I REPEAT, NOT REPLACE!!! I do feel however, as many of you here in this forum as well, that there is room for another flag in the family that is more representative of our new attitude, new culture, and new uniforms. As Sea hawk Sailor ststed earlier, I have been in corespondence with the Hawks staff regarding this concept, and intial responses were that their social surveys indicated that fans wanted to leave things alone with regard to the traditional 12. I think the staff misunderstood and thought I was lobbying to replace the current 12 with a new 12. Again, NOT REPLACE! I even went so far as to call the flag the Alternate 12 (ALT 12) so people would not think a NEW 12 was replacing OLD 12. I would love to see fans in CLink waving and cheering with this flag right along with the Blue 12. How cool would that look? And one day, perhaps the ALT 12 will find its way on a flag pole high above the stadium for all to see. Who knows? For this fan, it was worth it to ask the question and see what's possible. I'm sincerely grateful for your feedback, bith for and against as it paints a true fan opinion regarding a piece of our fanship that we take very seriously. SO please, I ask that you continue to provide your feedback (exceot for those trolling Whiner fans that somehow got in here...). With that I close by simply saying: GO HAWKS!
    User avatar
    LDOseahawks17
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 19
    Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:47 am


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:30 pm
  • LDOseahawks17 wrote:Hey Fellow 12s! I appreciate Seahawk Sailor bringing the ALT 12 to your attention and asking for your feedback. This flag design has been a passion of mine for some time, and obviously Thunderhawk too! First and foremost, the answer is NO. I am not making a move to replace the Big Blue 12! I REPEAT, NOT REPLACE!!! I do feel however, as many of you here in this forum as well, that there is room for another flag in the family that is more representative of our new attitude, new culture, and new uniforms. As Sea hawk Sailor ststed earlier, I have been in corespondence with the Hawks staff regarding this concept, and intial responses were that their social surveys indicated that fans wanted to leave things alone with regard to the traditional 12. I think the staff misunderstood and thought I was lobbying to replace the current 12 with a new 12. Again, NOT REPLACE! I even went so far as to call the flag the Alternate 12 (ALT 12) so people would not think a NEW 12 was replacing OLD 12. I would love to see fans in CLink waving and cheering with this flag right along with the Blue 12. How cool would that look? And one day, perhaps the ALT 12 will find its way on a flag pole high above the stadium for all to see. Who knows? For this fan, it was worth it to ask the question and see what's possible. I'm sincerely grateful for your feedback, bith for and against as it paints a true fan opinion regarding a piece of our fanship that we take very seriously. SO please, I ask that you continue to provide your feedback (exceot for those trolling Whiner fans that somehow got in here...). With that I close by simply saying: GO HAWKS!

    I think you are on exactly the right track. There is no reason that both flags can't coexist. On game days we see fans rocking throwback jerseys, the new jerseys and even the Hass/Alexander Seahawk Blue jerseys from a couple years back. No one gets confused. It's all Seahawks stuff. When I see your new flag it is still instantly evocative of the 12th man. It would be cool to give fans a choice.

    I hope in time it will replace the older one but if it didn't I would still like the option of flying the new one.
    "It was so loud Derrick Coleman heard it."
    User avatar
    Thunderhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 501
    Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:44 pm


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:57 pm
  • Thunderhawk wrote:That's weird. I threw this one together in Photoshop last year:

    Image

    But, yeah, a new flag is definitely necessary. The current one incorporates the old colors and the old number font. Also, the 'Seahawk Blue' color in the current flag always struck me as a bit girly.
    Plus, Paul Allen, as a smart business man, should see this change as a way to create some new merchandising revenue...

    Anyway, I hope your friend gets some momentum going to change the flag.



    Thanks for your support ThunderHawk! You are the Godather of the ALT 12!!!
    User avatar
    LDOseahawks17
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 19
    Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:47 am


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:54 pm
  • I think the original flag represents our history and should remain. It is so awesome in every way and is my favorite. I do understand those that feel it can change as the team changes just like logos change and colors change on uniforms. I do think many versions of 12th man flag can coexist, evolve, and be appreciated by all. Just show your colors and be proud. I do think the original should always fly on the space needle.
    User avatar
    Jay-Dog
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 275
    Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:58 pm
    Location: Montana, Washington, Texas....Washington


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:38 am
  • Where can I buy this flag?
    Image

    R.I.P. Brother Les
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24233
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: Freddy's favorite song?....Dream On


Re: Alternate 12 flag Facebook page
Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:47 am

Next


It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:32 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information