Those of you who went to the game,

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Those of you who went to the game,
Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:37 am
  • How did it go?

Post your Candlestick experience here. Hope you all had a good time, despite the loss.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Re: Those of you who went to the game,
Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:21 pm
  • Bumping this.

Anyone get threatened or attacked ? SF has had a bad rep lately at home games...I went in 2007 and only had one "seahawks suck" yelled right at me as the guy was walking by, but that's to be expected.

Im curious to see how it's all changed.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:25 pm
  • FOX kept showing the one camera shot from the upper deck of the crowd. There was a Seahawk couple there in a see of red, they were posing for a picture and a niner fan behind them was flipping off their backs, I guess photo-bombing the pic. Anyone else catch that? Typical.

But yea, would love to hear any stories.
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:38 pm
  • c'mon guys I could use another AlaskaPrincess thread...
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:39 pm

Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:40 pm
  • I heard that there was a niner fan who got arrested for trying to start a fight with a 12. Turned out to be an undercover cop.
    12thMan1
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:41 pm
  • I had a great time! There was even 9ers giving me drinks at my seat. I did get the typical booing but that should be expected.
    Cruser74
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:43 pm
  • 12thMan1 wrote:I heard that there was a niner fan who got arrested for trying to start a fight with a 12. Turned out to be an undercover cop.

That would be this...
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:53 pm
  • hoxrox wrote:Apparently someone got hit in the head with a bottle:

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/F ... 046707.php

Looks like that happened in the parking lot, which is basically like the yard at San Quentin.
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:02 pm
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:FOX kept showing the one camera shot from the upper deck of the crowd. There was a Seahawk couple there in a see of red, they were posing for a picture and a niner fan behind them was flipping off their backs, I guess photo-bombing the pic. Anyone else catch that? Typical.

Sounds like a picture my granddaughter just posted on FB of my grandson flipping off a Wilson shirt in front of them.
    dbmack
    NET Starter

Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:29 pm
  • Greenhell wrote:
    12thMan1 wrote:I heard that there was a niner fan who got arrested for trying to start a fight with a 12. Turned out to be an undercover cop.

That would be this...

Was this in an article?
    Opinion has caused more trouble on this little earth than plagues or earthquakes.
    -Voltaire
    HawkMeat
    NET Starter

Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:17 pm
  • my friend, a Marine, went to the game in hawks gear, she captured this pic after the game, dunno the story behind it...

muxpux
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:21 pm
  • Lmao, y'all are something else posting pictures of cats getting arrested.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:26 pm
  • is there something against that? id post the pics she took of her having a good time and getting along (even having fun) with niner fans, but shes in those pics, and not sure she would appreciate that, but whatever, i dont think theres anything wrong with photos of people being arrested. i know that sounds hypocritical but whatever. haha
    muxpux
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:29 pm
  • Not that I'm aware of, it's just funny
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:30 pm
  • Meh, there are over 70,000 people inside the park for a regular season NFL game. Other than the preseason games against the Raiders, I have virtually never seen anything bad happen to anyone. Maybe it is because most of the people around where I sit are long time season ticket holders; maybe worse stuff happens in the end zone where it is mostly ticket-brokers who own the seats, but I have a tough time believing that fan behavior inside the stadium is any worse than your average NFL game.

And it is not just one fanbase that is bad. I was at the game yesterday and some guys in Sehawks jerseys were throwing condoms filled with what I hope was water at people and vehicles, at least according to hearsay from those who witnessed it. I did not personally see it myself, so that is all I will write.

Yeah, every stadium will have a few troublemakers. There are probably over 100,000 people in or around the stadium on gameday and many of them are wasted beyond belief. It is not the opera. I do not believe that fan violence is a serious problem at the stick, but that does not mean that it is nonexistent, either here or elsewhere.

Anyway, the Seahawks played a good game (like I thought they would) and I expect that we will meet again in the post season.
    CandlestickBum
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:24 pm
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:FOX kept showing the one camera shot from the upper deck of the crowd. There was a Seahawk couple there in a see of red, they were posing for a picture and a niner fan behind them was flipping off their backs, I guess photo-bombing the pic. Anyone else catch that? Typical.

253hawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:29 pm
  • CandlestickBum wrote:Meh, there are over 70,000 people inside the park for a regular season NFL game. Other than the preseason games against the Raiders, I have virtually never seen anything bad happen to anyone. Maybe it is because most of the people around where I sit are long time season ticket holders; maybe worse stuff happens in the end zone where it is mostly ticket-brokers who own the seats, but I have a tough time believing that fan behavior inside the stadium is any worse than your average NFL game.

And it is not just one fanbase that is bad. I was at the game yesterday and some guys in Sehawks jerseys were throwing condoms filled with what I hope was water at people and vehicles, at least according to hearsay from those who witnessed it. I did not personally see it myself, so that is all I will write.

Yeah, every stadium will have a few troublemakers. There are probably over 100,000 people in or around the stadium on gameday and many of them are wasted beyond belief. It is not the opera. I do not believe that fan violence is a serious problem at the stick, but that does not mean that it is nonexistent, either here or elsewhere.

Anyway, the Seahawks played a good game (like I thought they would) and I expect that we will meet again in the post season.

Wrong, that may have been a great game by SF standards but Seattle pretty much crapped the bed in all facets of the game. I'm not trying to be a Richard Cranium about it but it was one of the worst games the Hawks have played in a couple years.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:31 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    CandlestickBum wrote:Meh, there are over 70,000 people inside the park for a regular season NFL game. Other than the preseason games against the Raiders, I have virtually never seen anything bad happen to anyone. Maybe it is because most of the people around where I sit are long time season ticket holders; maybe worse stuff happens in the end zone where it is mostly ticket-brokers who own the seats, but I have a tough time believing that fan behavior inside the stadium is any worse than your average NFL game.

Wrong, that may have been a great game by SF standards but Seattle pretty much crapped the bed in all facets of the game. I'm not trying to be a Richard Cranium about it but it was one of the worst games the Hawks have played in a couple years.

Lets see, in the past two years the Seahawks have:

1. Lost 13:6 in San Francisco to the 49ers.
    2. Lost 19:17 in Seattle to the 49ers.

In the last two months the Seahawks have:

1. Let a team with (at the time) zero wins run up the score 21-0 at Clink.
    2. Made a desperate goal-line defense to prevent a loss by the worst team in the NFC West.

San Francisco has been allowing an average of 16.5 points this season. Seattle's middling offensive performance could in no way have anything to do with the fact that they were playing one of the best defenses in the NFL. It must have been a Gypsy curse that held Seattle's offense to seventeen points.

Come to think of it, that is how the 49ers lost the Superbowl last year; Gypsy curse. The Ravens' themselves obviously had nothing to do with the loss. We were just having a bad game.
    CandlestickBum
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:41 pm
  • 1. TB had a perfect storm 2nd quarter with turnovers and short fields. What'd they do in the second half? 3 points. Offensive juggernauts. They came out playing like a team with nothing to lose but we adjusted to that.
    2. The NFCW has the highest winning % in the NFL and the Rams took major advantage of us being out 3 starting linemen with their stud edge rushers. They may be the 'worst' in the division, but their record is only 10th worst in the league.

Seattle's offense was extremely pedestrian and vanilla this week compared to the past couple of weeks. No read-option and no deep passes where Russ has lit it up better than anyone. Bevell went super-conservative for whatever reason. Lots of drive-killing penalties on plays that went for first downs, too. If one of those went the distance, that's a 10 point swing given the fire sale SF had with FG's.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:10 pm
  • 253hawk wrote:1. TB had a perfect storm 2nd quarter with turnovers and short fields. What'd they do in the second half? 3 points. Offensive juggernauts. They came out playing like a team with nothing to lose but we adjusted to that.
    2. The NFCW has the highest winning % in the NFL and the Rams took major advantage of us being out 3 starting linemen with their stud edge rushers. They may be the 'worst' in the division, but their record is only 10th worst in the league.

Seattle's offense was extremely pedestrian and vanilla this week compared to the past couple of weeks. No read-option and no deep passes where Russ has lit it up better than anyone. Bevell went super-conservative for whatever reason. Lots of drive-killing penalties on plays that went for first downs, too. If one of those went the distance, that's a 10 point swing given the fire sale SF had with FG's.

San Francisco normally scores 24 points per game and Seattle 28. Those stats might underrate the San Francisco offense though, since most of the games this year were played without a first-string #1 or #3 receiver. Seattle and San Francisco only allow an average of 15 and 16 points per game respectively. Just going by pure statistics, this is the type of score you would expect, which was probably pretty accurately reflected in the three point spread. The reason both offenses had a hard time scoring was likely largely due to the opposing defenses.

And have you ever considered why Seattle was not running as many read options? Once a QB goes into the read option, they become eligible to be legally hit, even if they hand off the ball (assuming that they are acting as if they are holding on to it for a run). San Francisco has some of the fastest guys behind the defensive line in the NFL, and you better believe that at least one of them is always keeping an eye on a QB like Wilson, ready to hit him as hard as possible if he looks to be trying to run to the line. Do you really think a good coach would want their QB to take unnecessary risks in a game that they could lose without affecting their seeding, especially against some of the fastest and hardest hitting defenders in the NFL?

I doubt it, at least not if Carol is as smart as his team's record seems to indicate.

I would love to see the 49ers coaching staff unleash Kaepernick like they were confident doing when they had Alex Smith as a backup, but I understand why they rarely use read option or designed QB runs anymore. There is a time and place for going all-in, no matter the risk of injury, and that time and place are the games you HAVE to win. Seattle probably will not see any of those games until the second round of the playoffs. You better believe that both the 49ers and the Seahawks have been planning all year and have a bunch of things up their sleeves they have been holding back on.
    CandlestickBum
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:58 pm
  • My ex-girlfriends cousins moms best friends hospice worker went to the game with 3 government workers, whose job I cant really talk about (but think Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones). When she went to buy an ice tea and pace out alms for the poor at half time she was tied to a tree by 30 49ers fans. They gave her 49 lashes then let dropped her off at her seat with copies of their IDs. After one stadium worker showed some interest they were told they would have to wait 49 days for the police report. But its cool, we want blood and will get it because, you know, MIB..thats how they roll.

----------

How did I do? Can I be a member of AlaskaSaints fanfiction site?
    “If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give them a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.”
    Vetamur
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:40 pm

Yep very typical....

... for every fan base in the NFL, including both the seahawks and 49ers, and any other fan base. As someone mentioned above, 70k people in one area, bound to get a few numb nuts. Pretending that it would be different else where is just benight.
    seahawksflow
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:27 pm
  • Don't care if she's a 9er fan, but the one in the gray is cute as hell.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:29 pm
  • Vetamur wrote:My ex-girlfriends cousins moms best friends hospice worker went to the game with 3 government workers, whose job I cant really talk about (but think Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones). When she went to buy an ice tea and pace out alms for the poor at half time she was tied to a tree by 30 49ers fans. They gave her 49 lashes then let dropped her off at her seat with copies of their IDs. After one stadium worker showed some interest they were told they would have to wait 49 days for the police report. But its cool, we want blood and will get it because, you know, MIB..thats how they roll.

----------

Thread winner.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:52 am
  • 253hawk wrote:1. TB had a perfect storm 2nd quarter with turnovers and short fields. What'd they do in the second half? 3 points. Offensive juggernauts. They came out playing like a team with nothing to lose but we adjusted to that.

Meh, the enemy has a vote and they played a good game against us; good enough to protect their home. Great, heads-up play by Gore to seal the win.

I do kind of wonder about the 'holding back' speculation though. Once in awhile it seems as though Pete has a Freudian slip in a press conference or interview. In one of his pressers prior to the game, a reporter asked him if the Hawks anything special planned against the 9ers. He responded with the standard 'we'll play the same as we have all year, to late in the season to change anything, blah, blah, coachspeak, blah, but somewhere in the answer he said "we're not going to give them anything." I find that statement interesting, and it would seem to add merit to the 'holding back' argument. I'm kinda giddy about the twists we might see in the playoffs.
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:03 am
  • Had a good time at the game. Sat by some cool niner fans ( as cool as niner fans get.) Was able to talk smack and joke around the whole game(being in the lower box probably helped.) Had a really bad experience getting into game. A couple friends that I went with brought their 12th man flags, and security took them before they could enter. Had to go and find event staff and explain the situation, they went and got the flags from security. When event staff returned with the flags, I told them thank you, but it seemed really unprofessional. The staff told me to "stop bitching, and that I could be removed from the game." To the fans of S.F., I say thanks for the hospitality,you have a nice city, and good game. To the staff, I hope they bury you with that sh*t hole of a stadium. :49ersmall:
    non-prophet.org
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:32 am
  • Vetamur wrote:My ex-girlfriends cousins moms best friends hospice worker went to the game with 3 government workers, whose job I cant really talk about (but think Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones). When she went to buy an ice tea and pace out alms for the poor at half time she was tied to a tree by 30 49ers fans. They gave her 49 lashes then let dropped her off at her seat with copies of their IDs. After one stadium worker showed some interest they were told they would have to wait 49 days for the police report. But its cool, we want blood and will get it because, you know, MIB..thats how they roll.

----------

no fiery redhead lawyer?? weak.
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:23 pm
  • Am I the only one who is tired of hearing excuses like.... Your team allowed this many points to this team... and we allowed this many points to that team.... and you barely beat this team... but we beat this team..... well you lost to this team and we beat that team.... So we are a better team comparison?

I am starting to be one of those "a win is a win no matter how you win" type of guys now. So many excuses. Go Hawks!
    TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS!!!
    Hawk-A-Loogie
    NET Rookie

Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:33 pm
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:
    hoxrox wrote:Apparently someone got hit in the head with a bottle:

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/F ... 046707.php

Looks like that happened in the parking lot, which is basically like the yard at San Quentin.

Exactly. Not like this is an issue anymore (at least I hope not at the new stadium) but there is quite a walk from the parking lot to Candlestick (from what I remember). All of the issues I've ever read about or heard about were in the parking lot, on the way to the lot from the game, or to the game from the lot. You'd have people coming up in cars dressed in Niners gear that wasn't even going to the game starting crap.

This was easily avoided by taking the city bus, which drops you right in front of the stadium with cops and security all around. I'd tkae my wife there again, and that's after hearing about stabbings, etc.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:36 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:Don't care if she's a 9er fan, but the one in the gray is cute as hell.

Nah, the other one in grey to the right of her with half of a boob in the frame.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:41 pm
  • Hawk-A-Loogie wrote:Am I the only one who is tired of hearing excuses like.... Your team allowed this many points to this team... and we allowed this many points to that team.... and you barely beat this team... but we beat this team..... well you lost to this team and we beat that team.... So we are a better team comparison?

I am starting to be one of those "a win is a win no matter how you win" type of guys now. So many excuses. Go Hawks!

Yea but in this thread, our fans are making all the excuses.

If we won by one point, I expected it. We lost by 2 and that also is expected. Their defense played better than ours. We made some mistakes and had too many penalties. We missed some 3rd down throws that you have to make if you want to be considered elite. They were better that day. Case closed.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:56 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information