Should starters rest out of Rams game with win 12/22?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

Should starters rest out of Rams game with win 12/22?

Yes
6%
No
46%
Use sparingly to secure a win
48%

Total votes : 111

• Should starters rest out of Rams game with win 12/22?

I think in order to be fressh and injury free for the payoffs it's wisest idea
    ImageImageImage

"You kept believing, you kept fighting, you kept clawing and scratching
    and look what you freakin' did. Put that freakin' trophy up again!" - Pete Carroll
    tom sawyer
    NET Veteran

• No losses at home.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Pete said in his press conference last night that is not the philosophy of the team and they will not rest starters. He may pull guys in the 2nd half, but the starting lineup will play.

IMHO what Pete is going is working great and don't change a thing.

Win Forever!
    JonRud
    NET Veteran

• We have a bye week in the playoffs, that is when we rest.

No mercy! Smash the Rams!
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

• Sarlacc83 wrote:No losses at home.

Would you trade a loss at home for the Vince Lombardi Trophy?!!
    ImageImageImage

and look what you freakin' did. Put that freakin' trophy up again!" - Pete Carroll
    tom sawyer
    NET Veteran

• Absolutely, positively, indisputably, NO!
    Formerly known as Seahawk425.
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran

• I think they need to go through the week as usual and start the game expecting to play the whole time. Same prep and start as always, but I don't see the virtue in putting Russ and Marshawn et al out there and risking injury. Actually, one guy I would be ok not even suiting is Lynch, he could use the rest and recovery. Normal practice week and then inactive on Sunday. The rest need to stay in sync and on point, but I would like to see them subbed out in the 2nd half.

And frankly, I think the backups have earned some playing time as well. We could finally see guys like C. Michael play against a solid #1 D.

Assuming the Hawks win this weekend, of course.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

• treat it as pre-season game 3. Play the starters in half 1 and have them start the second half. Then keep them in if you feel like they need to find some rhythm; if they already look good then take them out. It's all about their confidence level.

That being said, while i expect them to rest starters in the second half, I also expect them to be playing to win the game.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

• tom sawyer wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:No losses at home.

Would you trade a loss at home for the Vince Lombardi Trophy?!!

Yes, but it's not one or the other. We can have both or we can have none.
    20% off Karmaloop & 10% off PLNDR, rep code: DUCK20
    dontbelikethat
    NET Veteran

• Pete already said he doesnt swing that way so no
    Axx
    NET Veteran

• This is a topic for next Monday Jinxer McJinxerson
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

• I have always thought Peyton would have more than one ring if the Colts had been less passive about playing starters at the end of seasons. Not playing hard=not practicing hard. And that is very bad thing.

Pete cannot rest guys unless they are hurting, and those guys will get rest for sure. Always Compete, every game is a championship game. His whole program rests on that being true.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Sgt. Largent wrote:This is a topic for next Monday Jinxer McJinxerson

Oops!
    I'll go stand in the corner of the Seahawks locker room and fold towels now
    ImageImageImage

tom sawyer
    NET Veteran

• IMHO I feel Pete will play all starters first. Then pull people as the score dictates. If it is a close game all the way through then he will keep them all in till we secure the win. Even mid season he pulls starters if winning comfortably so why wouldn't he now? I don't feel he would change anything. Winning at home (with streak to keep) and his winning mentality is why he will not let up off the gas. Thankfully.
    Year of The Hawk
    NET Practice Squad

• AbsolutNET wrote:I think they need to go through the week as usual and start the game expecting to play the whole time. Same prep and start as always, but I don't see the virtue in putting Russ and Marshawn et al out there and risking injury. Actually, one guy I would be ok not even suiting is Lynch, he could use the rest and recovery. Normal practice week and then inactive on Sunday. The rest need to stay in sync and on point, but I would like to see them subbed out in the 2nd half.

And frankly, I think the backups have earned some playing time as well. We could finally see guys like C. Michael play against a solid #1 D.

Lynch has his court date the Friday before that game, so sitting him may not be a bad idea, just to let him deal with that. Although I believe they are going to be requesting a delay in the trial until the off season, and hopefully that happens. Lynch is a force we cannot be without for the playoffs

As far as the poll goes, it's really a moot point since Carroll said he's going to start the game as he would any other week. He did say that he may make a decision within the game to get players some time, but that they aren't just going to rest starters for the sake of resting starters. I like this decision. If we didn't have the bye in the first round of the playoffs, then I could understand the desire to get a little rest, but our guys will get that first week of rest already. Another is unnecessary and can actually be more of a hindrance than a help.
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• JonRud wrote:Pete said in his press conference last night that is not the philosophy of the team and they will not rest starters. He may pull guys in the 2nd half, but the starting lineup will play.

IMHO what Pete is going is working great and don't change a thing.

This. In Pete I trust. Also this has been a problem in years past for teams who lock up HFA early. I think you gotta keep the momentum and rhythm going. At least get them a half then put in TJack and Turbin at least. The two people we cannot lose are RW and ML.
    jblaze
    NET Veteran

• kidhawk wrote:
    AbsolutNET wrote:I think they need to go through the week as usual and start the game expecting to play the whole time. Same prep and start as always, but I don't see the virtue in putting Russ and Marshawn et al out there and risking injury. Actually, one guy I would be ok not even suiting is Lynch, he could use the rest and recovery. Normal practice week and then inactive on Sunday. The rest need to stay in sync and on point, but I would like to see them subbed out in the 2nd half.

Lynch has his court date the Friday before that game, so sitting him may not be a bad idea, just to let him deal with that. Although I believe they are going to be requesting a delay in the trial until the off season, and hopefully that happens. Lynch is a force we cannot be without for the playoffs

As far as the poll goes, it's really a moot point since Carroll said he's going to start the game as he would any other week. He did say that he may make a decision within the game to get players some time, but that they aren't just going to rest starters for the sake of resting starters. I like this decision. If we didn't have the bye in the first round of the playoffs, then I could understand the desire to get a little rest, but our guys will get that first week of rest already. Another is unnecessary and can actually be more of a hindrance than a help.

Lynch doesn't have to show at trial since they are arranging a postponement until after the Super Bowl. I would possibly rest him for the Ram game once we have secured the #1 seed with a win against Arizona this Sunday. But he is really the only guy I might make this option for on this team, and only because of the position and his running style.
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

• kf3339 wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:
    AbsolutNET wrote:I think they need to go through the week as usual and start the game expecting to play the whole time. Same prep and start as always, but I don't see the virtue in putting Russ and Marshawn et al out there and risking injury. Actually, one guy I would be ok not even suiting is Lynch, he could use the rest and recovery. Normal practice week and then inactive on Sunday. The rest need to stay in sync and on point, but I would like to see them subbed out in the 2nd half.

Lynch doesn't have to show at trial since they are arranging a postponement until after the Super Bowl. I would possibly rest him for the Ram game once we have secured the #1 seed with a win against Arizona this Sunday. But he is really the only guy I might make this option for on this team, and only because of the position and his running style.

I realize he doesn't have to go, but he may want to go if we've clinched. If that's the case, then I'd be ok with the team letting him. If he stays here though, I'd rather he start and play as he has been and they can rest on the bye week. We've been seeing quite a bit of Turbin lately, and I think we will see him in a lot again for the rams game whether Lynch starts or not.
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• No, we shouldn't Rust the starters... That's a terrible idea.

But it would be a good idea to get the depth guys some PT in the second half to ensure they are properly lubricated for the playoffs.
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• I agree we shouldn't rest the starters but there can be no secondguessing from the naysayers if a catastrophic injury occurs...
    salukihawk12
    NET Rookie

• Hawk Strap wrote:We have a bye week in the playoffs, that is when we rest.

No mercy! Smash the Rams!

BINGO !
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

• tom sawyer wrote:Should starters rest out of Rams game with win 12/22?

I think in order to be fressh and injury free for the payoffs it's wisest idea

I answered NO.

Pete has answered this already anyways. Every week is a championship week. Loser's rest.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• Anybody else want to just destroy the rams to make them shut up about being relevant next year?
    SUPER BOWL 48 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

• I'd rest Lynch and use it as an opportunity to see what we really have in Michael.

Aside from that, no way, 3 full weeks without playing a game is too much time off.
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• They honestly should just sit out Wilson and Lynch.

The Rams Defense loves abusing both player recently. Lynch could also use the 2 and half weeks of rest he would recieve. Give Wilson an extra week to study up potential play-off opponents while not having to worry about the Rams. Also, it doesn't give play-off bound teams the most recent copy cat blue print on how to stop Wilson.

Tarvaris Jackson can win this game for us. IMO, Seahawks would still be a play-off team this season with him under center.

Also, it would be awesome to see Michael get reps, as well as, seeing what Turbin can do in the primary RB role.

However, I think both will play some and for Wilson it should great practice against a defense he has struggled against in terms of being constantly pressured and man-handled.
    #11 is the Gatling Gun, coming at Ds in multiple, unpredictable ways spreading the field horizontally.

#10 is the Sniper Rifle, if you don't respect his deep field speed opposing DBs will end up in a pink mist.

#24 is the Boomstick, get in his way when you're the lone defender, I dare you.
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

• Pandion Haliaetus wrote:They honestly should just sit out Wilson and Lynch.

The Rams Defense loves abusing both player recently. Lynch could also use the 2 and half weeks of rest he would recieve. Give Wilson an extra week to study up potential play-off opponents while not having to worry about the Rams. Also, it doesn't give play-off bound teams the most recent copy cat blue print on how to stop Wilson.

Tarvaris Jackson can win this game for us. IMO, Seahawks would still be a play-off team this season with him under center.

Also, it would be awesome to see Michael get reps, as well as, seeing what Turbin can do in the primary RB role.

However, I think both will play some and for Wilson it should great practice against a defense he has struggled against in terms of being constantly pressured and man-handled.

Yup.

I wouldn't dress Wilson or Lynch. Everyone else, it's preseason week 2. Play the starters for a quarter and a half, then sub in the backups.

This time of year, there is no such thing as too much rest.
    ben@thetabs
    THE TABS
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:04 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information