Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Should starters rest out of Rams game with win 12/22?
Yes 6%  6%  [ 7 ]
No 46%  46%  [ 51 ]
Use sparingly to secure a win 48%  48%  [ 53 ]
Total votes : 111
 Post subject: Should starters rest out of Rams game with win 12/22?
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:50 am 
NET Veteran

I think in order to be fressh and injury free for the payoffs it's wisest idea

"You kept believing, you kept fighting, you kept clawing and scratching
and look what you freakin' did. Put that freakin' trophy up again!" - Pete Carroll

Post subject: Re: Should starters rest out of Rams game with win 12/22?
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:52 am 
* NET Philistine *

No losses at home.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:55 am 
NET Veteran

Pete said in his press conference last night that is not the philosophy of the team and they will not rest starters. He may pull guys in the 2nd half, but the starting lineup will play.

IMHO what Pete is going is working great and don't change a thing.

Win Forever!

Post Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:55 am 
* Handsome *

We have a bye week in the playoffs, that is when we rest.

No mercy! Smash the Rams!

Post Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:57 am 
NET Veteran

Sarlacc83 wrote:
No losses at home.

Would you trade a loss at home for the Vince Lombardi Trophy?!!

and look what you freakin' did. Put that freakin' trophy up again!" - Pete Carroll

Post Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:58 am 
NET Veteran

Absolutely, positively, indisputably, NO!

Post Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:59 am 
* NET X's & O's Guru *

I think they need to go through the week as usual and start the game expecting to play the whole time. Same prep and start as always, but I don't see the virtue in putting Russ and Marshawn et al out there and risking injury. Actually, one guy I would be ok not even suiting is Lynch, he could use the rest and recovery. Normal practice week and then inactive on Sunday. The rest need to stay in sync and on point, but I would like to see them subbed out in the 2nd half.

And frankly, I think the backups have earned some playing time as well. We could finally see guys like C. Michael play against a solid #1 D.

Assuming the Hawks win this weekend, of course.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:33 am 
NET Veteran

treat it as pre-season game 3. Play the starters in half 1 and have them start the second half. Then keep them in if you feel like they need to find some rhythm; if they already look good then take them out. It's all about their confidence level.

That being said, while i expect them to rest starters in the second half, I also expect them to be playing to win the game.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:38 am 
NET Veteran

tom sawyer wrote:
Sarlacc83 wrote:
No losses at home.

Would you trade a loss at home for the Vince Lombardi Trophy?!!

Yes, but it's not one or the other. We can have both or we can have none.

Want to save money? Get cash back from online purchases through Ebates! Referral link here!

Post Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:41 am 
NET Veteran

Pete already said he doesnt swing that way so no

Post Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:42 am 
NET Veteran

This is a topic for next Monday Jinxer McJinxerson

Post Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:43 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*

I have always thought Peyton would have more than one ring if the Colts had been less passive about playing starters at the end of seasons. Not playing hard=not practicing hard. And that is very bad thing.

Pete cannot rest guys unless they are hurting, and those guys will get rest for sure. Always Compete, every game is a championship game. His whole program rests on that being true.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:05 am 
NET Veteran

Sgt. Largent wrote:
This is a topic for next Monday Jinxer McJinxerson

Oops!
I'll go stand in the corner of the Seahawks locker room and fold towels now

Post Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:56 am 
NET Practice Squad

IMHO I feel Pete will play all starters first. Then pull people as the score dictates. If it is a close game all the way through then he will keep them all in till we secure the win. Even mid season he pulls starters if winning comfortably so why wouldn't he now? I don't feel he would change anything. Winning at home (with streak to keep) and his winning mentality is why he will not let up off the gas. Thankfully.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:04 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

AbsolutNET wrote:
I think they need to go through the week as usual and start the game expecting to play the whole time. Same prep and start as always, but I don't see the virtue in putting Russ and Marshawn et al out there and risking injury. Actually, one guy I would be ok not even suiting is Lynch, he could use the rest and recovery. Normal practice week and then inactive on Sunday. The rest need to stay in sync and on point, but I would like to see them subbed out in the 2nd half.

And frankly, I think the backups have earned some playing time as well. We could finally see guys like C. Michael play against a solid #1 D.

Lynch has his court date the Friday before that game, so sitting him may not be a bad idea, just to let him deal with that. Although I believe they are going to be requesting a delay in the trial until the off season, and hopefully that happens. Lynch is a force we cannot be without for the playoffs

As far as the poll goes, it's really a moot point since Carroll said he's going to start the game as he would any other week. He did say that he may make a decision within the game to get players some time, but that they aren't just going to rest starters for the sake of resting starters. I like this decision. If we didn't have the bye in the first round of the playoffs, then I could understand the desire to get a little rest, but our guys will get that first week of rest already. Another is unnecessary and can actually be more of a hindrance than a help.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:05 am 
NET Veteran

JonRud wrote:
Pete said in his press conference last night that is not the philosophy of the team and they will not rest starters. He may pull guys in the 2nd half, but the starting lineup will play.

IMHO what Pete is going is working great and don't change a thing.

This. In Pete I trust. Also this has been a problem in years past for teams who lock up HFA early. I think you gotta keep the momentum and rhythm going. At least get them a half then put in TJack and Turbin at least. The two people we cannot lose are RW and ML.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:11 am 
NET Veteran

kidhawk wrote:
AbsolutNET wrote:

Lynch has his court date the Friday before that game, so sitting him may not be a bad idea, just to let him deal with that. Although I believe they are going to be requesting a delay in the trial until the off season, and hopefully that happens. Lynch is a force we cannot be without for the playoffs

As far as the poll goes, it's really a moot point since Carroll said he's going to start the game as he would any other week. He did say that he may make a decision within the game to get players some time, but that they aren't just going to rest starters for the sake of resting starters. I like this decision. If we didn't have the bye in the first round of the playoffs, then I could understand the desire to get a little rest, but our guys will get that first week of rest already. Another is unnecessary and can actually be more of a hindrance than a help.

Lynch doesn't have to show at trial since they are arranging a postponement until after the Super Bowl. I would possibly rest him for the Ram game once we have secured the #1 seed with a win against Arizona this Sunday. But he is really the only guy I might make this option for on this team, and only because of the position and his running style.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:14 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

kf3339 wrote:
kidhawk wrote:
AbsolutNET wrote:

Lynch doesn't have to show at trial since they are arranging a postponement until after the Super Bowl. I would possibly rest him for the Ram game once we have secured the #1 seed with a win against Arizona this Sunday. But he is really the only guy I might make this option for on this team, and only because of the position and his running style.

I realize he doesn't have to go, but he may want to go if we've clinched. If that's the case, then I'd be ok with the team letting him. If he stays here though, I'd rather he start and play as he has been and they can rest on the bye week. We've been seeing quite a bit of Turbin lately, and I think we will see him in a lot again for the rams game whether Lynch starts or not.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:16 am 
* Gangnameister *

No, we shouldn't Rust the starters... That's a terrible idea.

But it would be a good idea to get the depth guys some PT in the second half to ensure they are properly lubricated for the playoffs.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:24 am 
NET Rookie

I agree we shouldn't rest the starters but there can be no secondguessing from the naysayers if a catastrophic injury occurs...

Post Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:50 pm 
NET Veteran

Hawk Strap wrote:
We have a bye week in the playoffs, that is when we rest.

No mercy! Smash the Rams!

BINGO !

Post Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:55 pm 
NET Veteran

tom sawyer wrote:

I think in order to be fressh and injury free for the payoffs it's wisest idea

I answered NO.

Pete has answered this already anyways. Every week is a championship week. Loser's rest.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:11 pm 
NET Veteran

Anybody else want to just destroy the rams to make them shut up about being relevant next year?

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012

Post Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:16 pm 
NET Veteran

I'd rest Lynch and use it as an opportunity to see what we really have in Michael.

Aside from that, no way, 3 full weeks without playing a game is too much time off.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:59 pm 
NET Veteran

They honestly should just sit out Wilson and Lynch.

The Rams Defense loves abusing both player recently. Lynch could also use the 2 and half weeks of rest he would recieve. Give Wilson an extra week to study up potential play-off opponents while not having to worry about the Rams. Also, it doesn't give play-off bound teams the most recent copy cat blue print on how to stop Wilson.

Tarvaris Jackson can win this game for us. IMO, Seahawks would still be a play-off team this season with him under center.

Also, it would be awesome to see Michael get reps, as well as, seeing what Turbin can do in the primary RB role.

However, I think both will play some and for Wilson it should great practice against a defense he has struggled against in terms of being constantly pressured and man-handled.

#3 taught Doubters, GREATNESS can be a product of HARD WORK.
#25 taught America, that we're ALL just CLASSLESS jerks.
#24 taught the Media, to REAP what you SOW.
#12 taught the NFL, TO BE LOUDER.

YOU WANTED THIS NOISE, AMERICA.
DON'T PLAY WITH DYNAMITE, IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE BOOM.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:32 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Pandion Haliaetus wrote:
They honestly should just sit out Wilson and Lynch.

The Rams Defense loves abusing both player recently. Lynch could also use the 2 and half weeks of rest he would recieve. Give Wilson an extra week to study up potential play-off opponents while not having to worry about the Rams. Also, it doesn't give play-off bound teams the most recent copy cat blue print on how to stop Wilson.

Tarvaris Jackson can win this game for us. IMO, Seahawks would still be a play-off team this season with him under center.

Also, it would be awesome to see Michael get reps, as well as, seeing what Turbin can do in the primary RB role.

However, I think both will play some and for Wilson it should great practice against a defense he has struggled against in terms of being constantly pressured and man-handled.

Yup.

I wouldn't dress Wilson or Lynch. Everyone else, it's preseason week 2. Play the starters for a quarter and a half, then sub in the backups.

This time of year, there is no such thing as too much rest.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]