Crabtree says Sherman not the best CB..

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Thank you Crabtree. As if Sherman and the Legion needed more fuel on their fire for the weekend.
    British Hawk
    NET Bench Warmer

• hawker84 wrote:Their players do this every time they come here, when will they learn?

AND THATS WHY WE WIN AND THE LOSE HERE.. FROM THE COACH DOWN TO THEIR PLAYERS, ITS PERSONAL AND NOT BUSINESS.

PRECISELY WHY I TRULY THINK WE STOMP EM AGAIN... FOR REASONS LIKE THIS, WHINERS MIGHT HAVE MORE PENALTIES CALLED TGAN THEY DO POINTS!!!!
    seahawksny
    NET Starter

• seahawksny wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:Their players do this every time they come here, when will they learn?

AND THATS WHY WE WIN AND THE LOSE HERE.. FROM THE COACH DOWN TO THEIR PLAYERS, ITS PERSONAL AND NOT BUSINESS.

PRECISELY WHY I TRULY THINK WE STOMP EM AGAIN... FOR REASONS LIKE THIS, WHINERS MIGHT HAVE MORE PENALTIES CALLED TGAN THEY DO POINTS!!!!

Holy caps lock batman.

Let him talk, its all part of the game, we'll see what happens come sunday.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain.

"Beast Mode is artist, puny Saints Defense merely his canvas!"

"When you die the only kingdom you'll see, will be two foot wide and six foot deep!"
    HawksSoc
    NET Veteran

• seahawksny wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:Their players do this every time they come here, when will they learn?

This is anything but personnel to them. When will you guys look up facts on your own instead listening to partial truths. I posted the link, twice, to what was asked and what he said. I also posted a link of a local broadcaster interviewing someone from San Francisco. She asked about locker room atmosphere and the rivalry. His response is dead on to how the team prepares for games week in and week out. You guys are divisional rivals to the 49ers. Nothing more and nothing less.
    paramedic586
    NET Practice Squad

• paramedic586 wrote:
    seahawksny wrote:

This is anything but personnel to them. When will you guys look up facts on your own instead listening to partial truths. I posted the link, twice, to what was asked and what he said. I also posted a link of a local broadcaster interviewing someone from San Francisco. She asked about locker room atmosphere and the rivalry. His response is dead on to how the team prepares for games week in and week out. You guys are divisional rivals to the 49ers. Nothing more and nothing less.

Then why would he say something so juvenile ?
    seahawksny
    NET Starter

• seahawksny wrote:
    paramedic586 wrote:
    seahawksny wrote:

Then why would he say something so juvenile ?

Did you read the article and what he said?
    paramedic586
    NET Practice Squad

• paramedic586 wrote:http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-seahawks-matchup-no-3-crabtree-vs-sherman

Here it is if you didn't.
    paramedic586
    NET Practice Squad

• paramedic586 wrote:
    paramedic586 wrote:http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-seahawks-matchup-no-3-crabtree-vs-sherman

Here it is if you didn't.

Thanks

"Is Sherman the best cornerback in the league?"

“Uh, no, I don’t think so,” 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree said on Thursday.

Just what I thought- DUMB thing to say before playing against him. Just what Sherman wants him to do. Go into lion's den with a raw steak. REAL GOOD IDEA
    seahawksny
    NET Starter

• And what did he say was the reason was?
    paramedic586
    NET Practice Squad

• Hers some help for you.

Why not?

“I don’t know (anything) about the best cornerbacks in the league,” Crabtree said. “I just know teams. We are playing the Seattle Seahawks and hopefully we come out with a win.

“You study him and you study the defense, the overall defense. A lot of guys play coverages. It isn’t just man-to-man the whole game. So you got to study the whole defense. It is not just one guy. It is the entire defense.”
    paramedic586
    NET Practice Squad

• Yep, Crabtree you are right, Sherman is not the best. So please feel free to throw the ball on him as often as possible. For some strange reason Brees refused to throw to Sherman's side.
    warden
    NET Veteran

• paramedic586 wrote:Hers some help for you.

Why not?

“I don’t know (anything) about the best cornerbacks in the league,” Crabtree said. “I just know teams. We are playing the Seattle Seahawks and hopefully we come out with a win.

“You study him and you study the defense, the overall defense. A lot of guys play coverages. It isn’t just man-to-man the whole game. So you got to study the whole defense. It is not just one guy. It is the entire defense.”

Thats what he SHOULD have answered at first instead of "I dont think so"
    seahawksny
    NET Starter

• And he did. It was right under it if you would have read the whole article.
    paramedic586
    NET Practice Squad

• Im done

It doesnt matter when you say "I dont think so"

That shows a lack of respect. If he thinks that? he is entitled to it. I just dont think he should say it.
    seahawksny
    NET Starter

• Crabtree is a WR. He studies the defense of the teams he plays and the teams he ONLY plays. If he doesn't say "I don't think so" he is inviting the media to do one of two things. One to re ask the question. Two to say no comment. I he says no comment the media would take that out of context as well.

Your done because you know I'm right. You guys are making something out of nothing.
    paramedic586
    NET Practice Squad

• You 49ers fans don't understand Sherman at all. It doesn't matter what Crabtree said; Sherman will make it extra motivation. That's not a hypothesis, either. He's said so. Crabtree should have just shut his mouth.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Was Sherman disrespectful when he called our game at the stick a "glorified practice"? Was he disrespectful when he was mocking kaepernick at the link? Was it disrespectful to call the whole 49ers team a mismatch?
    paramedic586
    NET Practice Squad

• Sherman is a professional football player. One of the best at his position or maybe the best right now. He doesn't need motivation to play better. What this is is more false reasons to try hate a person as an individual instead of just not liking a team because they are rivals.
    paramedic586
    NET Practice Squad

• Im done because its pointless to talk to someone about professionalism when their QB wears his hat the way the way he does on sidelines like a thug, when their WR headbutts during the games and then you make someone like crabtree on how to talk to the media??. YEAH, REAL EXPERT

Not saying Carroll is a saint or some of Seattl'es players are the brightest either, but you dont see Sherman saying ....Ummm I dont know if Kaepernick is a great QB."

Lets just have a good game, and dont forget to remind harbaugh to complain about refs even if you do win.

If SF wins, they deserve it. Ill leave it at that. Unlike your fan base, I will congratulate you if that happens
    seahawksny
    NET Starter

Who???

Should we see what Sherm has done against SC? I bet it's a hell of a lot more impressive than what this bum has done.
    Last edited by SouthSoundHawk on Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

• Stay off of nfl forums and the 49ers webzone. The majority of our fans respect your team. Most like me just don't understand why some Seattle fans actively look for reasons to dislike our team. You don't like the way our qb where's his hat? Really? Boldin head butt someone once. This rivalry would be far more enjoyable if you just dislike the team because they are rivals. Not because you are looking for reasons to hate the players.
    paramedic586
    NET Practice Squad

• Ive never been to the 49ers webzone so i have no clue what you are talking about. That in it of itself PROVES that i'm not out to hate SF.
    This is a Seahawk forum last time i checked.

i dont dislike them just because they are rivals.

Do you see me saying anything about Gore? Willis? Davis? No, because they handle themselves the way pros should handle themselves.

The other few that we discussed do not in my book. Thats all im saying. Im not looking for reasons to dislike them. If I was, I wouldnt like those three above i just mentioned either. They happened to be Badass players, and with class
    seahawksny
    NET Starter

• Screw the Niners, and anyone on that team, and the majority of their fans.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Screw the Niners, and anyone on that team, and the majority of their fans.

POW!
    coorslighthawk
    NET Rookie

• paramedic586 wrote:Most like me just don't understand why some Seattle fans actively look for reasons to dislike our team. You don't like the way our qb where's his hat? Really? Boldin head butt someone once. This rivalry would be far more enjoyable if you just dislike the team because they are rivals. Not because you are looking for reasons to hate the players.

100% agreed, but the exact same thing happens on the Webzone with just as much regularity. Maybe when you see 9ers fans doing it on the Webzone you think "that guy is a jerk and a fool, whatever, who would listen to him?" but when you see "that guy" here you think "these Hawks fans" rather than "that guy."

Basically, extend the same leniency to Hawks fans as a group as you do to 9ers fans as a group. Like all fanbases, some fans feel the need to justify their dislike for their rivals through an insistence on the supposed moral failings, lack of "class" (my least favorite word ever when used in this way), and all around inferiority of character of their opposition. That describes a segment of all fanbases, and doesn't describe the totality of any fanbase. I find those who do it to be as obnoxious and dumb as you do, but I don't think Hawks fans take special license with this, and instead, they're as diverse a group as any other. Long story short, when you see a Hawks fan doing this, treat it the same way you treat a 9ers fans who does this (and there's no shortage of them who do this): That guy/gal is silly and shouldn't be listened to.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• Harbaugh convinced Crabtree that he is the greatest catcher of all time.

Cris Carter, Jerry Rice, Steve Largent........hold on a moment......moving Crabtree down the list a few dozen spots.......wait...still sorting.......

Hmm.....I''ll put him just behind Danny Abramowicz , but maybe higher than Ricky Proehl.
    Mick063
    NET Rookie

• Popeyejones wrote:
    paramedic586 wrote:Most like me just don't understand why some Seattle fans actively look for reasons to dislike our team. You don't like the way our qb where's his hat? Really? Boldin head butt someone once. This rivalry would be far more enjoyable if you just dislike the team because they are rivals. Not because you are looking for reasons to hate the players.

100% agreed, but the exact same thing happens on the Webzone with just as much regularity. Maybe when you see 9ers fans doing it on the Webzone you think "that guy is a jerk and a fool, whatever, who would listen to him?" but when you see "that guy" here you think "these Hawks fans" rather than "that guy."

Basically, extend the same leniency to Hawks fans as a group as you do to 9ers fans as a group. Like all fanbases, some fans feel the need to justify their dislike for their rivals through an insistence on the supposed moral failings, lack of "class" (my least favorite word ever when used in this way), and all around inferiority of character of their opposition. That describes a segment of all fanbases, and doesn't describe the totality of any fanbase. I find those who do it to be as obnoxious and dumb as you do, but I don't think Hawks fans take special license with this, and instead, they're as diverse a group as any other. Long story short, when you see a Hawks fan doing this, treat it the same way you treat a 9ers fans who does this (and there's no shortage of them who do this): That guy/gal is silly and shouldn't be listened to.

OK Popeye now go onto the webzone and say the same thing.

What is with you guys? Marvin tried to do the same thing with his glass house analogy and was called out as being a hypocrite for it.

Don't come in here trying to tell Seahawks fans on a Seahawks web site to treat your fan base with respect because you don't do it on your own site. That makes you a hypocrite.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

• I hope Crabs gets a jolt from Kam.. :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall:
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Crabs and VD are STDs.

Enuf said.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• Cyrus12 wrote:just heard it on NFL Network...Crabtree doesn't think Sherman is the best CB in the game...hope he finds out how good he really is on Sunday.

he is just hoping to get in Sherm's head.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

• brimsalabim wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:just heard it on NFL Network...Crabtree doesn't think Sherman is the best CB in the game...hope he finds out how good he really is on Sunday.

he is just hoping to get in Sherm's head.

And see whats funny, I would say its actually reversed, it just showed that crabs has been thinking about Sherman.
    Conference Championships: NFC: 2005, 2013
    Division Campionships: AFC West: 1988, 1999 NFC West: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2013
    Superbowl Championships: 2013 XLVIII Final Score: Sea 43 Den 8.. SUCK IT
    Exittium
    NET Veteran

• Popeyejones wrote:
    paramedic586 wrote:Most like me just don't understand why some Seattle fans actively look for reasons to dislike our team. You don't like the way our qb where's his hat? Really? Boldin head butt someone once. This rivalry would be far more enjoyable if you just dislike the team because they are rivals. Not because you are looking for reasons to hate the players.

This is SO right on! Honestly, it's not just Webzone. There's apparently several fan sites with a newly emerged hatred of Seahawks fans. You can't help but wonder, why now? While they've dismissed Seahawks fans as largely bandwagon. I seem to recall a VERY loud Seahawks fan base back in the Kingdome era too - and the team was never THAT good back then.

Clearly, there's an expectation that Seahawks fans remain more humble.

:sarcasm_on: We should stay in our place. We should grovel at the feet of each and every Niner fan who stops by. They are basically Royalty based on that association. They are anointed with FIVE Super Bowl rings after all. Clearly, our team's history, and pedestrian list of accomplishments should be indication that we should make our collective way to the back of the bus, head and eyes focused on the ground in front of us.... How dare we have the gall to challenge the Niners for a Conference Championship that they have all to often owned!

12th man, you should be ashamed at your arrogance this season! :sarcasm_off:
    OahuHawkFan
    NET Bench Warmer

• Cyrus12 wrote:just heard it on NFL Network...Crabtree doesn't think Sherman is the best CB in the game...hope he finds out how good he really is on Sunday.

As they say everyone has an opinion and an a***ole.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• lol
    SeahawkTalons
    NET Bench Warmer

• onanygivensunday wrote:Crabs and VD are STDs.

Enuf said.

That's what I told all my Niner fan friends when Crabs was drafted.

"Now the Niners have Crabs and VD in their lockerroom."
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• LOL crabtree was trying so hard to not throw Kaep under bus. He wanted to say we were open, but one read wonder couldn't get him the ball.
    strohmin
    NET Starter

• paramedic586 wrote:Stay off of nfl forums and the 49ers webzone. The majority of our fans respect your team. Most like me just don't understand why some Seattle fans actively look for reasons to dislike our team. You don't like the way our qb where's his hat? Really? Boldin head butt someone once. This rivalry would be far more enjoyable if you just dislike the team because they are rivals. Not because you are looking for reasons to hate the players.

I told you your douche of a QB wouldnt be kissing his biceps in our endzone...
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

• NJSeaHawk wrote:
    paramedic586 wrote:Stay off of nfl forums and the 49ers webzone. The majority of our fans respect your team. Most like me just don't understand why some Seattle fans actively look for reasons to dislike our team. You don't like the way our qb where's his hat? Really? Boldin head butt someone once. This rivalry would be far more enjoyable if you just dislike the team because they are rivals. Not because you are looking for reasons to hate the players.

Nope, but he did run for 130 yards on your D. Pretty sure most seahawk fans said something like that would be impossible in seattle after Kap ran for a bunch on GB. Unfortunately he made 3 bonehead turnover plays in the 4th costing the niners the game but dont sit here and act like you contained him. Kap beat himself a lot more than the seattle D beat him. If he can prevent brainfarting for a full quarter in the future he will be unstoppable with the athletic ability he has.
    4freakin9
    NET Practice Squad

• 4freakin9 wrote:Nope, but he did run for 130 yards on your D.

Yep, and he had three turnovers and he said he lost the game personally.
    So there's that.

Don't hold your breath on the brain farting either. He's not NFL caliber when it gets complex.
    But he has nice tats and free killer headphones. :34853_doh:
    So there's that too.
    "We walked our (pedestrian) ass to the Super Bowl"
    Angry Doug
    "We're looking for grit"
    Pete Carroll
    "We got grit. That's it."
    Earl Thomas.
    Rocket
    NET Veteran

• 4freakin9 wrote:
    NJSeaHawk wrote:
    paramedic586 wrote:Stay off of nfl forums and the 49ers webzone. The majority of our fans respect your team. Most like me just don't understand why some Seattle fans actively look for reasons to dislike our team. You don't like the way our qb where's his hat? Really? Boldin head butt someone once. This rivalry would be far more enjoyable if you just dislike the team because they are rivals. Not because you are looking for reasons to hate the players.

Nope, but he did run for 130 yards on your D. Pretty sure most seahawk fans said something like that would be impossible in seattle after Kap ran for a bunch on GB. Unfortunately he made 3 bonehead turnover plays in the 4th costing the niners the game but dont sit here and act like you contained him. Kap beat himself a lot more than the seattle D beat him. If he can prevent brainfarting for a full quarter in the future he will be unstoppable with the athletic ability he has.

Winning the game is evidence the Seattle D DID beat him. The only reason he got even that was...check this, wait for it...17 for 31 yards. That's right. The entire rest of the vaunted 49er running attack got 31 yards.
    NorCalHawk12
    NET Veteran

• 4freakin9 wrote:
    NJSeaHawk wrote:

I expected krapper to have more yards than the whiner RBs. I also expected that he would not score or have a lot of passing yardage. He tried to win the game himself and could not do it and when he needed to be a passer he folded like a cheap folding chair. Kaep beat himself? Funny. When he was forced to be an actual QB, he couldn't do it because RBs that can throw aren't QBs.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

• And since when don't receivers gameplan for defensive backs? Tom Landry used to tell his players to not focus on a particular player but just play the jersey number to try and keep the opposition out of his players' heads. It kinda worked, too. Cowboys were pretty good for a while there. But every player has heard of the great players. And work to stop them or play around them or through them. It's part of the game. And will continue to be. No doubt teams gameplan for teams, it's only normal. But individual players have to plan for individual match-ups. They HAVE to. It's the game they play...
    NorCalHawk12
    NET Veteran

• In regards to that dedspin link...

Just look at the spelling errors and over all intelligence behind those tweets, and that's all you need to know about those people.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

• Sarlacc83 wrote:You 49ers fans don't understand Sherman at all. It doesn't matter what Crabtree said; Sherman will make it extra motivation. That's not a hypothesis, either. He's said so. Crabtree should have just shut his mouth.

#humblebrag
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

LOL LOL!!!!!!! he wanted this noise!!!!
    We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
    Greatest defense in NFL history.
    Seeker
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:50 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information