49er fans are taking over the J&M on Sunday 1-19

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Someone should just conveniently park one of Paul Allen's tanks in front of the door when they're all in there.

seabowl

Reaction score
Wow all 26 of them. Maybe the Hawks should think about wearing earplugs.

Throwdown

Reaction score
seabowl":1ru9d9u4 said:
Wow all 26 of them. Maybe the Hawks should think about wearing earplugs.

Or modified speakers that are slightly louder than the usual.

Riley12

Reaction score
26?

I guess my worries about thousands of Niner fans strolling the streets and infesting Seahawks Stadium were totally unfounded.

Nice!

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Clicked on that link and saw a picture with the quest for 6 or whatever. REALLY? Quest for 6. Your last superbowl win was 20 years ago get over it allready.

frase32

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1b788051 said:
Clicked on that link and saw a picture with the quest for 6 or whatever. REALLY? Quest for 6. Your last superbowl win was 20 years ago get over it allready.

It was 19 years ago actually. Kind of off topic, but I always wondered why it mattered how long ago it was. I mean to me it feels like yesterday. I am old enough to remember all but the 1983 title and even then I was five years old. How long ago do they have to be before I can stop talking about them because they were good times?

I don't have any hate for Seahawks fans exclusively, I have a dislike for all fans in generally now that I think of it. I hate how unreasonable and dogmatic it makes people. I am guilty of it myself sometimes. But, depending on your age I am sure you have some fond memories of past Hawks teams. You have had some great players, Zorn, Largent, Kennedy, Alexander, Kreig, Jones and more that I am probably forgetting.

FYI this is me in 1995, at a friends house, getting ready to watch the 49ers beat the Chargers in the Super Bowl.

W7m0si

This a collage that I put together from various magazines I "borrowed" from the school library that year. I put it up right over my bed. That was in 1995, and to this day it still hangs in my old room at my parents home. I made them promise me when I left for the military and left home in 1998 that they would never take it down. They kept their promise to this day. This picture was taken before last years Super Bowl. In 1995 I rationalized I would finish this collage the next time the Niners won a Super Bowl. I don't know, I think that is kind of a cool history of fandom.

2vdpceo

Sorry for going so far off topic, but sometimes the irrational hate between to fan bases perplexes me. Good luck on Sunday, and no matter how the game goes, no hard feelings.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Well, frase... hate to break it to you but... you look like an idiot.

Crabhawk

Reaction score
frase32":wroeitrj said:
It was 19 years ago actually. Kind of off topic, but I always wondered why it mattered how long ago it was. I mean to me it feels like yesterday. I am old enough to remember all but the 1983 title and even then I was five years old. How long ago do they have to be before I can stop talking about them because they were good times?
I can't speak for anyone else, but here's my take. "How long ago" for the Niners is related to "empty trophy case" for the Seahawks. SF's success 20 years ago has nothing to do with their success the last three seasons. Seahawk fans (and fans of other teams that have not won the owl) are regularly subjected to verbal attacks discrediting our teams and fandom, regardless of in-season and post season success, because the team has not won a Lombardi.

As noted above, past success has nothing to do with right now. Highlighting how long it has been since SF won the SB is a way of illustrating that SF's recent post season success is absolutely on par with Seattle's in terms of value to the club, city, and fanbase. Previous SB wins do not somehow increase the value of post season wins now and it doesn't lessen Seattle fans' right to be proud of what the team has accomplished.

I don't like either line of argument (rusty Lombardi's vs. empty trophy case), but I think they are both still around as a reactionary comeback when fans from team X insult fans from team Y.

On a side note, man the 90's were a brutal time for fashion.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Crabhawk":389ul9hi said:
frase32":389ul9hi said:
I can't speak for anyone else, but here's my take. "How long ago" for the Niners is related to "empty trophy case" for the Seahawks. SF's success 20 years ago has nothing to do with their success the last three seasons. Seahawk fans (and fans of other teams that have not won the owl) are regularly subjected to verbal attacks discrediting our teams and fandom, regardless of in-season and post season success, because the team has not won a Lombardi.

As noted above, past success has nothing to do with right now. Highlighting how long it has been since SF won the SB is a way of illustrating that SF's recent post season success is absolutely on par with Seattle's in terms of value to the club, city, and fanbase. Previous SB wins do not somehow increase the value of post season wins now and it doesn't lessen Seattle fans' right to be proud of what the team has accomplished.

I don't like either line of argument (rusty Lombardi's vs. empty trophy case), but I think they are both still around as a reactionary comeback when fans from team X insult fans from team Y.

On a side note, man the 90's were a brutal time for fashion.
very well said brother man

CortezKennedyfan

Reaction score
The "20 years ago" does matter in terms of your memories of what your team accomplished.

But if you act like 49ers fans do, in using that victory, or the 1981 victory, or any other to assert the fact that you are better TODAY, it doesn't make any sense.

Bragging about a victory 20 years ago is like bragging about girl you hooked up with in Junior High.

I mean, do you think the Toronto Maple Leafs are awesome because they won the Stanley Cup in 1967? Saying the 49ers are a better franchise because of what they accomplished decades ago is like voting Republican because they used to have Abraham Lincoln.

Hell, the CEO of the 49ers was 13 years old when they won last time! Entirely different team.

AVL

Reaction score
They don't talk much about the first 40 or so years much. I lived in SF briefly and all of the nfl fans I knew were Raider fans.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Intent:

Run into an old friend and in conversation about models you say hey, did you know my mom was a model when we were kids?

What type of response would you expect?

Get into an argument with an old friend trying to tell you his wife is hotter than yours and he says, well her mom was a model when we were kids.

Again, what type of response would you expect?

Most Niner fans are not wearing the "5 rings" as a reason for pride. They are using it as an insult or an attempt to discredit another team or fan bases value.

Most Niner fans want to talk about football as if they have always been the elite franchise throughout their existence and discredit Seahawks fans because we haven't won a super bowl but if you compare the first 35 years of each franchise it isn't even close to comparable. That goes an extra mile when you consider that most NFL fans (that don't live in Pittsburgh) believe we should already have a super bowl trophy.

All that being said. I'm sure your mom was really hot but your wife is an absolute troll.

Uffda

Reaction score
Went to Ballard Ave. tonight, it's just a few blocks away, were tons of 49ers fans .

More Seahawks fans, still just seemed odd so many 49ers fans out there just a few blocks away, wearing gear.

I live here ... are they here just for the game or were they uncover all this time .

btw... checking the locks on my doors ;)

ok, secured

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Uffda":2tbxw9d8 said:
Went to Ballard Ave. tonight, it's just a few blocks away, were tons of 49ers fans .

More Seahawks fans, still just seemed odd so many 49ers fans out there just a few blocks away, wearing gear.

I live here ... are they here just for the game or were they uncover all this time .

btw... checking the locks on my doors ;)

ok, secured

They were all cops.

Largent80

Reaction score
The quest for 6. Twenty six it would seem..... :rofl:

:icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new:

:49ersmall:

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Having to listen to a whiner telling you about their rings is like having to listen to a 38 year old man telling you how hot their junior high school girl friend was.

Pathetic.

OP
OP
I

i5roadrunner

Reaction score
frase32":26a3ch37 said:
WilsonMVP":26a3ch37 said:

I don't have any hate for Seahawks fans exclusively, I have a dislike for all fans in generally now that I think of it. I hate how unreasonable and dogmatic it makes people. I am guilty of it myself sometimes. But, depending on your age I am sure you have some fond memories of past Hawks teams. You have had some great players, Zorn, Largent, Kennedy, Alexander, Kreig, Jones and more that I am probably forgetting.

FYI this is me in 1995, at a friends house, getting ready to watch the 49ers beat the Chargers in the Super Bowl.

W7m0si

This a collage that I put together from various magazines I "borrowed" from the school library that year. I put it up right over my bed. That was in 1995, and to this day it still hangs in my old room at my parents home. I made them promise me when I left for the military and left home in 1998 that they would never take it down. They kept their promise to this day. This picture was taken before last years Super Bowl. In 1995 I rationalized I would finish this collage the next time the Niners won a Super Bowl. I don't know, I think that is kind of a cool history of fandom.

2vdpceo

Sorry for going so far off topic, but sometimes the irrational hate between to fan bases perplexes me. Good luck on Sunday, and no matter how the game goes, no hard feelings.
It's all good...Ya gotta root for your team. I went down to San Fran last year thinking the Seahawks were going to be there and they didn't make it and was the only Hawks shirt in the bar and they were really cool to me. A few dirty looks, but were cool about it. I hope this game is an all time classic with a Seahawks win.

BleedGreenNblue

Reaction score
Oh well. They can do whatever they want. We do it to opposing teams too. In atlanta there had to be like 2000 of us flooding in the front gates at once