Superbowl ring question

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Superbowl ring question
Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:53 pm
  • I've never bothered to find out the answer before. But maybe someone here knows: When will we be able to see the design of our team's Super Bowl rings (I just got goosebumps typing that line :) I'm not sure if they unveil the design before the actual ring ceremony or not...?

Also. What are the official rules about who gets one? Obviously the active 53 and coaches..But does that extended to practice squad guys and training staff? Extended staff members? What's the rule on traded players? I know it doesn't apply to us, but if we had traded someone midway through the season. Would that purely hypothetical player get a ring too?
    SeeHawkRun
    NET Rookie

Re: Superbowl ring question
Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:56 pm
  • It would be really cool if there was a 12 somewhere on the ring. I cant wait to see what it will look like
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:00 pm
  • As far as I know, every person in the organization gets one:

Players, coaches, Practice Squad, guys on IR, even guys who only played in part of the season (ie: Browner). Everyone that helped contribute to a game this year, because they all had a part in the team winning the Super Bowl, so they all earned a ring. Some have said that some teams even give rings to people who work in the facility.

We'll see a picture of one eventually.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:00 pm
  • Here's a gallery of every ring to date...kind of interesting to see their progression from simple and bold to gaudy and blingy. Didn't even think about it until now but I'm kind of excited to see if they get some blue and green in there. Hope it doesn't look as dumb as the Ravens bird. Some girl that works in the Baltimore front office lent it to her boyfriend who dropped it in a lake this summer.

http://www.nfl.com/photos/09000d5d82618287
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:06 pm
  • I have a knockoff NFC Championship ring from 05 I got on ebay. There's a couple companies out there that make "reproductions"
    Stacks
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:10 pm
  • HawkFan72 wrote:As far as I know, every person in the organization gets one:

Players, coaches, Practice Squad, guys on IR, even guys who only played in part of the season (ie: Browner). Everyone that helped contribute to a game this year, because they all had a part in the team winning the Super Bowl, so they all earned a ring. Some have said that some teams even give rings to people who work in the facility.

We'll see a picture of one eventually.

The team votes on players that weren't on the roster the whole year or got a suspension. The team will vote on Browner getting one. No way in hell they don't give him one.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:13 pm
  • I like the x and ix ones for pttsburg. Those are classy. I mean except for the team on it.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:22 pm
  • Basis4day wrote:
    The team votes on players that weren't on the roster the whole year or got a suspension. The team will vote on Browner getting one. No way in hell they don't give him one.

Even though these rings "don't come cheap", I'd estimate that there are 250+ original rings produced. Look at how many folk are in coaching, player personnel, scouting and then management......that's a big list I'm seeing.
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:33 pm
  • The NFL pays for 150. Any after that the team pays for.

The NFL limits teams to spend around $7,000 per ring and pays for the first 150 rings made. Teams that award more than 150 rings pay the cost for the additional rings themselves. Organizations that have won multiple Super Bowl rings are allowed to spend slightly more on diamonds. Manufacturers typically don’t make much money on the rings and sometimes, they don’t make any money. The reason manufacturers are willing to make rings at or near cost is that they receive tremendous exposure and can generate larger profits on ancillary lines that they sell to family members, friends of the team and fans.

The losing team in the Super Bowl gets a ring, too. Commonly referred to as the AFC or NFC Championship ring, it’s smaller and contains less bling than the winning ring, although these, too, seem to grow larger as the years go by. The NFL strongly suggests (some would say impose) that the winning and losing teams put the Super Bowl logo on each ring.

- See more at: http://www.sportscollectorsdigest.com/f ... Qm8dV.dpuf
    dbmack
    NET Starter

Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:40 pm
  • 253hawk wrote:Here's a gallery of every ring to date...kind of interesting to see their progression from simple and bold to gaudy and blingy. Didn't even think about it until now but I'm kind of excited to see if they get some blue and green in there. Hope it doesn't look as dumb as the Ravens bird. Some girl that works in the Baltimore front office lent it to her boyfriend who dropped it in a lake this summer.

http://www.nfl.com/photos/09000d5d82618287

Oh boy, that bird does look hideous. The Raven's eye isn't even a circle; it's a sharp crescent. Hopefully our bird doesn't turn out looking goofy.
    rsm650
    NET Starter

Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:48 pm
  • I wonder how close the design on these shirts are. They probably already approved a design for the manufacturer, and it was likely approved prior to the game.

:49ersmall: How many 49ers fans does it take to change a light bulb? They don't, they just talk about the ones they had. :49ersmall:
    lsheldon
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:51 pm
  • Hawknballs wrote:I like the x and ix ones for pttsburg. Those are classy. I mean except for the team on it.

IX is my pick too plus the Saints one if there wasn't so many diamonds on it, I like the simple symmetry and the look of the first ones better than the latter. Will be hard to keep them simple when the Hawks are on their 7th however
    EmbattleTheeHawks
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:34 am
  • lsheldon wrote:I wonder how close the design on these shirts are. They probably already approved a design for the manufacturer, and it was likely approved prior to the game.

Those pictures are standard "Sports championship rings" on most high school ring makers webpages. (Jostens)

When the Semi-Pro football team I was on won our NW Football League we had some made that were close to the second shirts design. UGLY! So ugly that I paid to have my own made from Jostens.

I would be there will be a 12 on there somewhere.

There is no way these are the ring designs they are considering.
    daveCFPrez
    NET Rookie

Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:07 am
  • I'll spend more than I care to admit for a replica someday.
    Super Bowl Champions

Conference Champions
    2005, 2013

Division Champions
    1988, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2013

"Hell no! I wanna go get my rang!"
    Seahawks1983
    NET Starter

Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:10 am
  • goooo Jostens
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:55 am
  • Stacks wrote:I have a knockoff NFC Championship ring from 05 I got on ebay. There's a couple companies out there that make "reproductions"

Yeah that's what im hoping to get too.
    Image GO HAWKS !

Follow me on Twitter: @NFL_Hawk
    dino26
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:30 am
  • The players rings are different than those awarded to the staff and lesser personnel. I remember an episode of Pawn Stars when a guy brought in a SB ring to sell. It was determined it wasn't a players ring, so the value was way down..
    Donn2390
    NET Rookie

Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:35 am
  • As if Pawn Stars ever gives anyone anything but the lowest of low-ball estimates.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:41 am
  • 253hawk wrote:As if Pawn Stars ever gives anyone anything but the lowest of low-ball estimates.

I don't believe that was the point of the post.....
    Donn2390
    NET Rookie

Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:41 am
  • 253hawk wrote:As if Pawn Stars ever gives anyone anything but the lowest of low-ball estimates.

The front office rings (pendants and such) don't have player's names on them so for a re-seller it wouldn't be worth as much as a player's ring, and you're right - that shop will offer you 1/3 of the actual worth of whatever you're trying to sell them.
    daveCFPrez
    NET Rookie

Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:48 am
  • I would love for the ring to incorporate a 12 somewhere. And my pipe dream is they make 12 extra rings to be given to season ticket holders lottery style.
    drcool
    NET Rookie

Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:49 am
  • Pawn Stars is stupid. I have heard something similar about various degrees of rings though. Players' rings being the legit precious stones and gold/platimum and shit, with various levels of quality all the way down to zircons and steel for peoples of lesser importance.

My ring would be made out of plastic and have a lolly-pop attached to it...
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:52 am
  • ITS A PAWN SHOP WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?????

On topic: I would be interested in a replica if they are not butt ugly...GO HAWKS
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:39 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information