Reaction score
Bigger - Brandon Browner, the biggest corner in the game
Stronger - Kam Chancellor, the strongest safety in the game
Faster - Earl Thomas, the fastest safety in the game
Louder - Richard Sherman, the loudest CB in the game

damn, I want Browner back now.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Tate is at Detroit. Browner is at New England.

I agree it would have been nice to keep them, but it wasn't feasible. All aboard the Percy Harvin and Byron Maxwell train. Maxwell is extremely quick for a 6'0 corner. And if we can't extend Maxwell this year, then we move on to Jeremy Lane or someone else to take that spot.

OP
OP
Lithium

Lithium

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3u0rajtv said:
Tate is at Detroit. Browner is at New England.

I agree it would have been nice to keep them, but it wasn't feasible. All aboard the Percy Harvin and Byron Maxwell train. Maxwell is extremely quick for a 6'0 corner. And if we can't extend Maxwell this year, then we move on to Jeremy Lane or someone else to take that spot.

Yeah, I'm not complaining about that lol. In fact I think Maxwell is better than Browner. Tate has been my favorite football player since ND, so that move is more personal than anything. We'll be just fine without him.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
If you want bigger pray the Seahawks can find a quality S in the draft or possibly pick up a cheap veteran that started a lot of games last year on a 1 yr, vet min contract like Mike Adams or Steve Gregory...

Then they can continue to develop Deshawn Shead, who is a baby Browner but possesses much more raw athleticism.

Name: Browner (Shead)
Drafted*: 2005 (2012)
Height: 6-034 (6-011)
Weight: 221 (220)
Arms: 32 3/4 (33)
Hands: BIG (9 3/4)
Bench: 13 reps (24 reps)
10 yd: 1.67s (1.59s)
20 yd: 2.70s (2.71s)
40 yd: 4.63s (4.53s)
Vert: 36.5 (38)
Broad: 10'03" (10'01")
Shuttle: 4.24s (4.23s)
3-Cone: 7.20s (6.76s)

* both were undrafted just the years they were tested.

Also, I couldn't find Browners Hand Size but he's often said to have big mitts so I would say 10 inches is a good guess. DeShawn compared to most DBs also has some big hands.

Both have long arms and huge bodies but what has always surprised me is Browner's bench press was 13 reps, crazy, he must have became a workout warrior in the CFL. DeShawn Shead had a very good bench for DB even getting 1 more than Chanchellor did (who got 23).

If the Seahawks plan to keep Shead at presumably FS since they signed JJ back, I would not seeing a look that puts Shead and Chanchellor at the safety spots with Earl moving into the slot defender role on occasion. Thats's a play-makers middle backfield and could also be a quality red-zone look. Or look if there was ever an injury to Maxwell or Sherman and Lane had to start.