Seahawks.NET Chat Help

Anguish

Reaction score
Server: irc.seahawks.net
Port: 6667
Channel: #Seahawk_Chatters

For those that don't want to use the Flash based web client linked at the top of the page here at Seahawks.NET, there are many other options available to you in the forms of stand-alone clients and browser extensions. Feel free to use any of them. I personally find all of these options better and more reliable than using the Flash based web client.

Stand-Alone IRC Clients:
mIRC - Windows
Colloquy - OS X

Browser Extension Clients:
ChatZilla - OS Independant Firefox Plugin
The ChatZilla URL to go directly to our Channel is irc://irc.seahawks.net/Seahawk_Chatters

Seahawks.NET Hosted AJAX Client:
KiwiIRC

Different Browser Based IRC Clients:
Mibbit - OS and Browser Independant
There are a couple of special things you have to do in order to connect with the Mibbit Web Client, but once these things are done, this is actually a very nice web based client.
Here's a screenshot of the changes you need to make:
  • Click the Server and Auth to show those fields
  • Enter the Server Address as shown
  • Change the dropdown from NickServ to Pass and enter the password dotnet
  • Type in the Nick you would like to use
  • Type in the Channel name #Seahawk_Chatters
  • Hit GO

OP
OP
Anguish

Anguish

Reaction score
I have verified connection to the IRC server from just about every kind of client there is using the Kiwi 'client application'. Sitting here at my disposal is an iPad, a Samsung 10.1 Note, a Surface Pro 2 (Which is Windows 8.1), a Mac Computer, a Linux Computer, a Windows 7 Computer, and a Windows XP Computer. All connected to the chat via Kiwi without an issue.

For those that are having issue with connecting to the chat using the client that we provide, I can only suggest you get an actual standard IRC client for your given platform.

There were quite a few people on last night using quite a few different client types, so beyond the testing that I have done, and the suggestions I have given above, there isn't really much more I can do to make this accessible.

netskier

Reaction score
What android chat client do you support? I don't think it is kiwi, since as of today Google play says that kiwi is a client for a video service in Kazakhstan. There are dozens of clients with kiwi in their names on Google play.

What is the complete name of the irc client you recommend for android 4.4.4?

netskier

Reaction score
What address should be provided to the android chat client named "andchat"?

netskier

Reaction score
If the android irc client named kiwi no longer is available on Google play, then what do you recommend?

netskier

Reaction score
That thread says that AndChat is preferred for android, but andchat demands a server address, but your "help" thread does not provide one.

I can not recall how to look up an IP address using my phone, which is all I have in this sports bar.

OP
OP
Anguish

Anguish

Reaction score
netskier":2titt5hj said:
That thread says that AndChat is preferred for android, but andchat demands a server address, but your "help" thread does not provide one.

I can not recall how to look up an IP address using my phone, which is all I have in this sports bar.

The server is shown as irc.seahawks.net in that help, this help, and every other help.

netskier

Reaction score
Irc.Seahawks.net is a NAME, and is not an ADDRESS, so your "help" info is WRONG, and is also misleading.

OP
OP
Anguish

Anguish

Reaction score
irc.seahawks.net is a name that is resolved to an address via DNS lookup, just as www.seahawks.net is a name that is resolved via DNS lookup.

The server address is irc.seahawks.net

If you look at this screenshot taken directly from Andchats website, showing basic configuration, you will see that they have entered the irc server name where it asks for address, because it is, you know, the address...
c8101aa677501c5cbb7bee5697d0e137.jpg

QuahHawk

Reaction score
bevellisthedevil":1fhlg7ac said:
any chance of getting chat back soon?
Not in the near term, unless a sponsor wants to cover the costs we have another items higher on the list.