Post a pic from an IPhone

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Ok, I am older generation, but I would like to post a pic from the Houston Roadhawkin event.

Please inform the uninformed on how to proceed with this delicate procedure.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Is it on your phone or on your computer?

If on computer, go to http://www.imgur.com

At the top right of this page is a bit that says Upload Images
with two buttons (Computer and the other Web).

Click the computer button and a dialogue should open for you to navigate to where your picture is, click OK.

Then after that click the Upload button.

After this you will be brought to a new page with your picture.

Right click the picture and select "Copy Shortcut"

Now on your new post, just paste the shortcut URL between the {img}{/img} (square brackets though, no the cutsey brackets) tags.

pmedic920

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":1thu9imn said:

Click the computer button and a dialogue should open for you to navigate to where your picture is, click OK.

Now on your new post, just paste the shortcut URL between the {img}{/img} (square brackets though, no the cutsey brackets) tags.

New but related question. I do most of my posting from my phone via tapatalk. I've had zero problems posting pictures from my phone until now. I just tried to post a picture and received a system MSG that said "sorry the board attachment quota has been reached" and I was unable to post the picture. Is this a tapatalk issue? Can it be reset? Can you help or point me to who can?

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
pmedic920":27u5kp37 said:
ClumsyLurk":27u5kp37 said:

New but related question. I do most of my posting from my phone via tapatalk. I've had zero problems posting pictures from my phone until now. I just tried to post a picture and received a system MSG that said "sorry the board attachment quota has been reached" and I was unable to post the picture. Is this a tapatalk issue? Can it be reset? Can you help or point me to who can?
Probably has something to do with how their upload service works. Can you link a thread that you've previously posted a picture on via tapatalk and we can see whose hosting it?

My thinker says tapatalk uploads to it's own server and that they limit how many uploads from each user.

Imgur.com (by far and away the best image host imo) has a pretty good app for uploading images to their site. From Android (and most likely WinMo & Apple) you can upload pictures online as if you were photo-streaming/viewing pictures and then selecting a share option.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Was just reading the developer notes on Tapatalk in the play store. Since I (unbeknownst to me) beta tested tapatalk4, they gave me VIP status which is noted on their playstore description allows unlimited photo posts from the app. I'm thinking it has to do with that..

pmedic920

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":26h5jd88 said:
Was just reading the developer notes on Tapatalk in the play store. Since I (unbeknownst to me) beta tested tapatalk4, they gave me VIP status which is noted on their playstore description allows unlimited photo posts from the app. I'm thinking it has to do with that..

Sorry it took so long for me to check back here. Problem resolved its self after a couple days. No idea what was going on.

Anguish

Reaction score
pmedic920":cnervc82 said:
ClumsyLurk":cnervc82 said:

Sorry it took so long for me to check back here. Problem resolved its self after a couple days. No idea what was going on.

Nothing ever resolves itself ;)

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Tappatalk uses its own server to host pics I suspect. It may have been down.

Anguish

Reaction score
Happypuppy":3bs5dkx1 said:

Only if you are paying for their service. This isn't what was being discussed here. He was discussing adding an attachment, which is all us. We set a limit on the amount of attachments that can be sitting on our environment. That limit had been reached. I increased the limit and killed any orphaned attachments.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Anguish":3ei8dy6h said:
Happypuppy":3ei8dy6h said:

Only if you are paying for their service. This isn't what was being discussed here. He was discussing adding an attachment, which is all us. We set a limit on the amount of attachments that can be sitting on our environment. That limit had been reached. I increased the limit and killed any orphaned attachments.
Nice!

Somewhat related thought I had previously - in the future - do you foresee adding mouseover triggered animated gif's like how fieldgulls shows them in their articles?

I felt bad for posting a reaction thread in the Shack for one of the games figuring there'd be a gazillion of them on each page.