Nick Rolovich is an idiot.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maulbert":1wmezmxn said:
Dumbass outright cost his own team the game.

Should've known he was an idiot when he didn't vaccinate.

Fire Rolovich.
Both our teams have flaming idiots for coaches. I know another college coach (D3 team) I follow that was a flaming ass clown as well today. Sick of college coaches today and their excuses for their failures.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1ow9wf0b said:
Maulbert":1ow9wf0b said:

Fire Rolovich.
Both our teams have flaming idiots for coaches. I know another college coach (D3 team) I follow that was a flaming ass clown as well today. Sick of college coaches today and their excuses for their failures.

I really, really, really wanted WSU to hire Alex Grinch.

Instead we got this flaming turd.

BTW, genuinely, my condolences on UW's loss today. I really was only trying to rib DomeHack.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maulbert":3lhl7uor said:
Sports Hernia":3lhl7uor said:
Maulbert":3lhl7uor said:

Fire Rolovich.

I really, really, really wanted WSU to hire Alex Grinch.

Instead we got this flaming turd.

BTW, genuinely, my condolences on UW's loss today. I really was only trying to rib DomeHack.
If it gets rid a guy that lost to a Montana school, and shuts up Softy for awhile, I’ll take the lump for a better less annoying future.

toffee

Reaction score
Maulbert":276u7d2j said:

Fire Rolovich.

Dude didn't have a good enough track record, he is a must fire.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
I was hoping the Cougs hired Kellen Moore. Maybe next year after Rolo gets shit canned

RiverDog

Reaction score
Perhaps this subject is being talked about somewhere else on .net and if it is I apologize, but I don't see an active conversation. I am interested in you guy's thoughts on Rolovich and his decision to let the university fire him rather than comply with a state wide vaccine mandate:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/fo ... uxbndlbing

I found this quote from his lawyer very interesting:

In a statement released Wednesday, Rolovich’s attorney Brian Fahling said Rolovich’s termination was “unjust and unlawful” after he refused to be vaccinated and his request for a religious exemption was denied by the university. He said Rolovich, 42, has been “derided, demonized, and ultimately fired from his job, merely for being devout in his Catholic faith.”

I was wondering if Rolovich was going to refer to his Catholic faith as church leaders in the United States and the Vatican have come out and said that there is nothing morally wrong with any of the USDA approved Covid vaccines and have encouraged their faithful to get the shot. I'm not a lawyer and if someone in here is, I'd appreciate their insight. But that contradiction seems to me like it would be pretty tough to reconcile in front of a judge.

Comments?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RiverDog":1sfyodr5 said:
Perhaps this subject is being talked about somewhere else on .net and if it is I apologize, but I don't see an active conversation. I am interested in you guy's thoughts on Rolovich and his decision to let the university fire him rather than comply with a state wide vaccine mandate:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/fo ... uxbndlbing

I found this quote from his lawyer very interesting:

In a statement released Wednesday, Rolovich’s attorney Brian Fahling said Rolovich’s termination was “unjust and unlawful” after he refused to be vaccinated and his request for a religious exemption was denied by the university. He said Rolovich, 42, has been “derided, demonized, and ultimately fired from his job, merely for being devout in his Catholic faith.”

I was wondering if Rolovich was going to refer to his Catholic faith as church leaders in the United States and the Vatican have come out and said that there is nothing morally wrong with any of the USDA approved Covid vaccines and have encouraged their faithful to get the shot. I'm not a lawyer and if someone in here is, I'd appreciate their insight. But that contradiction seems to me like it would be pretty tough to reconcile in front of a judge.

Comments?
He’ll lose his court case. But then he can go “claim victimhood” on certain cable networks, and set up a go fund me where rubes send him money to “support” him. Big money in grifting sadly.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2cqayccf said:
He’ll lose his court case. But then he can go “claim victimhood” on certain cable networks, and set up a go fund me where rubes send him money to “support” him. Big money in grifting sadly.

Like I said, I'm not a lawyer, but I agree that the odds would seem to be stacked against him.

What's not clear is if Rolovich was granted a religious exemption or not. It's possible that his exemption was approved but that his department head decided that he couldn't keep his players and staff safe given the environment he works in.

If, for example, you're a groundskeeper, your odds of spreading the disease is a lot lower than if you're a head coach around scores of people inside a locker room. Here's what his lawyer had to say:

"(AD Pat) Chun's animus towards Coach Rolovich's sincerely held religious beliefs, and Chun's dishonesty at the expense of Coach Rolovich during the past year, is damning and will be thoroughly detailed in litigation," Fahling's statement reads. "Chun's discriminatory and vindictive behavior has caused immeasurable harm to Coach Rolovich and his family."

Since his lawyer seems to be zeroing in on the AD and going after him, it would seem that Rolovich got the exemption but his boss said no. If that's the case, he may have a better chance of winning.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
RiverDog":1jumwebk said:
Sports Hernia":1jumwebk said:

Like I said, I'm not a lawyer, but I agree that the odds would seem to be stacked against him.

What's not clear is if Rolovich was granted a religious exemption or not. It's possible that his exemption was approved but that his department head decided that he couldn't keep his players and staff safe given the environment he works in.

If, for example, you're a groundskeeper, your odds of spreading the disease is a lot lower than if you're a head coach around scores of people inside a locker room. Here's what his lawyer had to say:

"(AD Pat) Chun's animus towards Coach Rolovich's sincerely held religious beliefs, and Chun's dishonesty at the expense of Coach Rolovich during the past year, is damning and will be thoroughly detailed in litigation," Fahling's statement reads. "Chun's discriminatory and vindictive behavior has caused immeasurable harm to Coach Rolovich and his family."

Since his lawyer seems to be zeroing in on the AD and going after him, it would seem that Rolovich got the exemption but his boss said no. If that's the case, he may have a better chance of winning.

His lawyer stated he was denied the exemption. The irony of the religious persecution angle is the person they accuse of discriminating against him for being catholic, is also a catholic! Chun and his wife and kids are Catholics

RiverDog

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":2uyfjp2k said:
His lawyer stated he was denied the exemption. The irony of the religious persecution angle is the person they accuse of discriminating against him for being catholic, is also a catholic! Chun and his wife and kids are Catholics

Ahh, you're right about Rolo being denied a religious exemption. And thanks for the tidbit about Chun being Catholic. You're right, that's going to make the arguments put forward in his lawsuit harder to prove, especially since the review process was blind.

But it doesn't make sense that Rolovich is going all out on the AD as if he was denied the exemption, the issue didn't even get to the AD so he didn't have anything to do with the firing.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
His stand against the vaccine truthfully wasn’t a religious one, but a political one.
He was cowardly in hiding behind the religious one as an excuse.

He now is suffering the consequences of his actions.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2ndaxqzq said:
His stand against the vaccine truthfully wasn’t a religious one, but a political one.

I'm not prepared to say that Rolo's stand was politically motivated. Rather I would say that it was one where he prioritized his personal choice over his obligation as a coach, as an educator, and supervisor, to the people close to him, specifically his team and others that depended on him.

As far as his "cowardly in hiding behind the religious one as an excuse", I'm not going quite that far. However, he would have to explain to me how his religion does not allow him to be vaccinated. From everything I've read, his stated religion of Catholicism not only doesn't prevent him from taking the vaccine, the church has have actively encouraged their followers to get the jab. I would think that a judge would want him to reconcile the church's stance with that of his own.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Everyone interprets religion their own way. Many members of various churches often and openly disagree with their church's official stance on issues.

RiverDog

Reaction score
fenderbender123":1u95ozs0 said:
Everyone interprets religion their own way. Many members of various churches often and openly disagree with their church's official stance on issues.

That's true. However, Rolovich's lawyer specifically called out Rolovich's Catholic faith when he said "...Coach Rolovich has been derided, demonized and ultimately fired from his job, merely for being devout in his Catholic faith," According to his lawyer, Rolovich isn't just a Catholic, he's a devout Catholic. That would indicate that his differences with his church are few and far between.

If Rolovich is so devout in his Catholic faith, how is it that his personal stance on the vaccine is so diametrically opposed to that of the church? How often does a devout Catholic disagree with their church? For example, how often does a devout Catholic support abortion?

In my mind, that statement by his lawyer is going to make it more difficult for Rolovich to articulate his personal beliefs as it runs contrary to his stated religious affiliation. IMO he would have a better chance of winning his case had he not mentioned his Catholic faith and simply said it was his own personal conviction.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
If he was working from a strategic standpoint, then I'd have to say it wasn't a very well thought out plan. However, if I was in a position to judge on the matter, I would not count that against him at all. He's just saying he's religious and that he thinks it's against his religion. It's okay to disagree with your church. He thinks the real Catholic faith is against mandatory vaccinations. In like with all religions there's no way to measure which beliefs are superior to another.

RiverDog

Reaction score
fenderbender123":6seevne2 said:
If he was working from a strategic standpoint, then I'd have to say it wasn't a very well thought out plan. However, if I was in a position to judge on the matter, I would not count that against him at all. He's just saying he's religious and that he thinks it's against his religion. It's okay to disagree with your church. He thinks the real Catholic faith is against mandatory vaccinations. In like with all religions there's no way to measure which beliefs are superior to another.

I don't agree with that. If you were a Muslim and there was a mandate to eat pork one day a week, it would be pretty easy to show that you had a moral conviction that prevented you from obeying because it was something that your church strongly advocated.

I'm not saying that Rolovich's religion claim is indefensible because he's invoking a religion that has come out strongly for vaccinations. But when he not only cites his religion, he emphasizes it by saying that he's a "devout" Catholic, it's going to make it more difficult for him to reconcile his stance vs. his church. How often does a devout Catholic have a fundamental disagreement with the Vatican?

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
From W Pedia........
"Rolovich is known for his zany personality, where he brought a tarot card reader, a Britney Spears impersonator, and an Elvis Presley impersonator to Mountain West Conference Media Days during his head coaching days at Hawaii"

Tarot card reader? A devout Catholic would do that?

From W Pedia......

"Rolovich is married to Analea Donovan, his college sweetheart from Maui. They have four children, born in August 2007, May 2009, and twins born in 2013."

Gee, I wonder if any of his 4 kids were vaccinated as kids prior to Covid????

RiverDog

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":tj77okir said:
From W Pedia........
"Rolovich is known for his zany personality, where he brought a tarot card reader, a Britney Spears impersonator, and an Elvis Presley impersonator to Mountain West Conference Media Days during his head coaching days at Hawaii"

Tarot card reader? A devout Catholic would do that?

From W Pedia......

"Rolovich is married to Analea Donovan, his college sweetheart from Maui. They have four children, born in August 2007, May 2009, and twins born in 2013."

Gee, I wonder if any of his 4 kids were vaccinated as kids prior to Covid????

That's something that the defense attorneys for WSU should subpoena, is the vaccination records of Rolovich and his kids. If his kids are enrolled in public schools, they would have had to be vaccinated against polio, measles, small pox, etc. Then Rolovich would be put in the position of having to explain "why this vaccine? What's different about it?"

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RiverDog":3vk7h88j said:
Sports Hernia":3vk7h88j said:

I'm not prepared to say that Rolo's stand was politically motivated. Rather I would say that it was one where he prioritized his personal choice over his obligation as a coach, as an educator, and supervisor, to the people close to him, specifically his team and others that depended on him.

As far as his "cowardly in hiding behind the religious one as an excuse", I'm not going quite that far. However, he would have to explain to me how his religion does not allow him to be vaccinated. From everything I've read, his stated religion of Catholicism not only doesn't prevent him from taking the vaccine, the church has have actively encouraged their followers to get the jab. I would think that a judge would want him to reconcile the church's stance with that of his own.
I’m reading between the lines in this situation.
I’m willing to bet a lot of money Rolo has had other vaccinations in his lifetime and never whined and cried about them, but now all of the sudden he is against vaccinations. The timing is everything. He is a rube that fell for political propaganda. In other words “he #%&$@# around, and found out!” as his peeps are fond of saying.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!