What will be our great need in this years draft ?

Chawker

Reaction score
Two players that are showing there age, D. Brown and B. Wagner the chances of losing them is a real concern, this due to free agency.

Protecting R. Wilson's blindside is a top priority, yet its clear that help is needed on the defensive side of the ball. We need to have a better pass rush !

Our RB's are made out of wood (which break most of the time) and without a good strong RB it puts too much presser on our passing game. A good RB is a quarterbacks best friend.

LT,DE,DT, MLB, RB

This is our teams needs the way I see it. Maybe a WR would be nice too.

Cheers

chris98251

Reaction score
Chawker":32ze0xfu said:
Two players that are showing there age, D. Brown and B. Wagner the chances of losing them is a real concern, this due to free agency.

Protecting R. Wilson's blindside is a top priority, yet its clear that help is needed on the defensive side of the ball. We need to have a better pass rush !

Our RB's are made out of wood (which break most of the time) and without a good strong RB it puts too much presser on our passing game. A good RB is a quarterbacks best friend.

LT,DE,DT, MLB, RB

This is our teams needs the way I see it. Maybe a WR would be nice too.

Cheers

Don't need a WR.

LT Forsythe is the heir apparent if they value him as much as they say, yes a bargain guy that was had much higher projected talent.

If not, F.A. guy, you go for the sure thing this time not a project and you won't get one 2nd or later most likely. Center, Linebacker, we need depth, Barton was not out of his element, Brooks is solid and will get better, CB is a need, Muse I would like to see him get a chance at Safety SS or weakside LB. RB is a need maybe two actually depending on if we resign Penny, Carson may be done with a Neck injury, and either could be back on IR with their history. DT, need a run stuffing monster and a guy that needs two guys to contain to keep the LB's free to work. Last a QB, with so much in question for the future need a guy that can be groomed a year or two but you are confident can step in. Geno may be out and Wilson is a question no matter what the recent press has said.

ivotuk

Reaction score
2 double digit sack artists to go along with Darrell Taylor. We MUST get pressure next year!

Sign Chandler Jones, then grab a DE/DT hybrid in round 2

toffee

Reaction score
Priority need:
LT: Few rookies can step in and rock, we need a star FA.
DT: Poona and Collier as 3 tech didn't work, we need a QB hunting 3 tech. probably FA?
FS: Not sure about performance after major surgery.

Also need:
QB: a backup that will one day ready to take over.
RB: Need backup that can step in and play if Penny goes down for a game or two.
C: If we re-sign Pocic, or move Lewis to C? Does Lewis want to be a career C instead of G?

Yxes1122

Reaction score
It could be just about anything because we have so many FA.

My guess is going to be EDGE unless Seattle’s able to make a pair of good signings.

But I’d like to see Seattle get faster, deeper at LB.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
The problem with our defensive line is we where unable to replace Michael Bennett type, somebody who could slide inside on 3rd downs and be effective. If the Seahawks are interested in this type their can fined him in this draft.

Travon Walker DE/DT Georgia 6'5" 275 excellent combination of speed and power with pass rushing abilitys.

toffee

Reaction score
Chawker":1jnok5he said:
The problem with our defensive line is we where unable to replace Michael Bennett type, somebody who could slide inside on 3rd downs and be effective. If the Seahawks are interested in this type their can fined him in this draft.

Travon Walker DE/DT Georgia 6'5" 275 excellent combination of speed and power with pass rushing abilitys.
Both Collier and Green, the DE, DT type. Especially Collier, Bennett's second coming. Hey, he might just pull a Penny next year too.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
Bennett type players are successful because of a mentality, John Randall could be labeled the same way, less measurable skills by tests but they have an extra ingredient that just defies measuring, not so different from a QB with that it factor despite less measurables also.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I think Collier, Green and Alton Robinson were too heavy this year to be effective. Trim them down to gain some quickness and bring in a real 3-Tech DT.

Robert Nkemdiche was a ball of energy but he didn't play technically sound within the scheme. Look at the games he played early on and notice by late season he was riding the pine. Teams exploited him as a weak spot. He may improve with more time but I wouldn't hold my breathe. As they say - do your job and play within the scheme. If you want to bring him in on obvious passing downs only, fine.

ivotuk

Reaction score
My biggest desire is to get a long, pass rushing 3 Tech, like Chris Jones in KC, and Fletcher Cox in Philly. Andy Reid picked those guys because Bill Walsh said a disruptive 3 Tech is one of the most important players to have on defense. Why? Because it puts immediate pressure up the middle, the worst thing you can do to a QB, and it makes life easier for the DEs.

Just look at how much damage Cox and Jones do. We could have had Fletcher Cox, but Pete traded that pick to Andy Reid, who took Fletcher, and we got Bruce Irvin. A good player, but not disruptive like Cox.

toffee

Reaction score
IMHO: 3 tech, LT, QB are must haves; DE, FS, C, LG, DE also need to have.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":2o3euk9j said:
Getting players that can start.

Yes! Exactly this! Guards that have played Guard all through College. Centers that have been Centers all through College, and Tackles, that have actually played Tackle before!

This B.S. of "The College game doesn't resemble the NFL Game so we're better off teaching guys with ZERO experience the NFL Game is EXACTLY THAT! B dot S!

Seattle Person

Reaction score
I think we should explore these options in the draft because I think there is value at these positions

- DT/OT early
- RB
- LB
- TE
- DB

We should get a big time FA for Edge and for Center. I love Diggs but you have to let him go if you want to afford the FAs that I think will impact the defense more. So invest money on the lines and go cheap on the positions I've mentioned.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Tyreke Smith (Ohio State) and Josh Paschal (Kentucky) would be great pass rushers who still have room to grow and add more technique, but both are athletic and can get after the QB.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I really hope their draft plan chases the talent on the board, and not the team's highest perceived need. Monomaniacally chasing need gave us Collier and Blair instead of Kaleb McGary and AJ Brown. (I don't care that they picked Metcalf later in the second round. So what. Take both. Take the best dudes unless there's no chance they'll see the field in the next couple of years.)

However, there could be some alignment. It's looking like a great year to need a gap-shooting DT (and the Hawks have since at least Bennett left). Maybe even in the range Seattle is picking.

Seattle Person

Reaction score
I really hope their draft plan chases the talent on the board, and not the team's highest perceived need.

On board. We have not done so well we have chased most talents. Harvin, Graham, Adams...I think the draft will fall with a lot of DEs on the board. I'm all for getting one of them before a big run of them goes.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
?Greatest needs

1. OT
2. 3 tech DT
3. TE
4. CB
5. OC

These are the areas of the team that truly are need areas. My priorities would be OT, 3 tech DT, and CB.