Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The 2018 Recruiting Thread

Discuss your thoughts about anything College Football or NFL draft. Recruiting, Projections, and Mock drafts, Etc. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:54 pm
  • I was very happy to see Colson Yankoff not only signed, but already enrolled at UW. I wasn't worried about Oregon but I was worried about Chip getting his hands on him because he seems to be just the type of QB that he covets.

    http://gohuskies.com/news/2018/1/9/foot ... arter.aspx
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6422
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:09 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:SEC means prime time, nationally televised games. It’s literally the biggest stage. Their are risks. But hard to argue the SEC isn’t the top draw... by a stretch


    Maybe so, but as recently as 2015 the Pac-12 put more players in the 1st round than the SEC did.

    All I am saying is that if you are really good you don't have to go to Alabama OR USC to succeed. Honestly, if I was a top recruit I would pick a school that has a history of putting players in the early rounds that ALSO has a great need for my position/skills immediately.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6422
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:26 pm
  • Cameron Davis, a consensus three-star running back, tweeted Sunday afternoon he pledged to the Huskies. He joins four-star quarterback and Graham-Kapowsin star Dylan Morris and Rainier Beach three-star offensive tackle Nathaniel Kalepo.

    Davis, who is listed at 6-foot and 180 pounds, ran 114 times for 1,066 yards and 20 touchdowns last season at Upland (Calif.). He guided the Highlanders to a 12-1 record.

    Rivals considers Davis to be the No. 34 running back in the nation and the No. 50 in California. 247 Sports rates Davis as the No. 35 back in America and the 63rd best player in the state.

    http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/co ... 38089.html
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 7199
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:06 pm
  • KitsapGuy wrote:Cameron Davis, a consensus three-star running back, tweeted Sunday afternoon he pledged to the Huskies. He joins four-star quarterback and Graham-Kapowsin star Dylan Morris and Rainier Beach three-star offensive tackle Nathaniel Kalepo.

    Davis, who is listed at 6-foot and 180 pounds, ran 114 times for 1,066 yards and 20 touchdowns last season at Upland (Calif.). He guided the Highlanders to a 12-1 record.

    Rivals considers Davis to be the No. 34 running back in the nation and the No. 50 in California. 247 Sports rates Davis as the No. 35 back in America and the 63rd best player in the state.

    http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/co ... 38089.html


    Here's his highlights. Definitely looks like he needs to bulk up a bit, but that wont be a problem since he's just a high school junior.

    https://www.hudl.com/profile/7271255/Cameron-Davis

    Austin Jones is the 2019 running back I really like that I think UW and Oregon are going to be fighting over. His high school coach is Napolean Kaufman.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24093
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:49 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Austin Jones is the 2019 running back I really like that I think UW and Oregon are going to be fighting over. His high school coach is Napolean Kaufman.


    I will never forget Napolean his first year at UDub, he was so fast he would literally run out of his cleats. Freakish speed!
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6422
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:17 pm
  • 4 star receiver Isaah Crocker out of Sacramento has commited to the Ducks. Reminds me a lot of Darren Carrington, hopefully without the weed and alcohol issues. He's a good story too, his mom was shot and killed when he was 7 years old, he commited on what would have been her birthday today.

    Ducks still looking to sign 2, maybe 3, more WR's.



    http://www.hudl.com/profile/4513323/Isaah-Crocker
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24093
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:11 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:4 star receiver Isaah Crocker out of Sacramento has commited to the Ducks. Reminds me a lot of Darren Carrington, hopefully without the weed and alcohol issues. He's a good story too, his mom was shot and killed when he was 7 years old, he commited on what would have been her birthday today.

    Ducks still looking to sign 2, maybe 3, more WR's.



    http://www.hudl.com/profile/4513323/Isaah-Crocker

    As long as none are named Devon Williams.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 254
    Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:32 pm


Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:22 pm
  • Anajimmc wrote:As long as none are named Devon Williams.


    I know for 100% fact that he told some current Duck players as well as other Duck commits that he was going to be a Duck when he was in Eugene this weekend. Whether that was just telling them what they want to hear, or whether its definitely true will be found out next week on signing day.

    I know that our Oregon insider feels really, really confident on this one. But obviously, nobody is right all the time in 'cruitin.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24093
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:26 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Anajimmc wrote:As long as none are named Devon Williams.


    I know for 100% fact that he told some current Duck players as well as other Duck commits that he was going to be a Duck when he was in Eugene this weekend. Whether that was just telling them what they want to hear, or whether its definitely true will be found out next week on signing day.

    I know that our Oregon insider feels really, really confident on this one. But obviously, nobody is right all the time in 'cruitin.

    Truer words, can't forget the De's, DeAnthony and Deshawn. They were SC locks.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 254
    Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:32 pm


Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:48 am

Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:11 am

Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:27 am
  • DomeHawk wrote:


    Good read, certainly wish him well. It is easy to see why he was considering Oregon given they had no WR commits recently. Now that they have gotten a couple of 4-stars, it may not seem so clear to him. That, and given the fact that Oregon doesn't have good prospects at passing QB beyond this year will probably play a role in his choice.

    I think you're correct on everything. I just find it hard to read the logical thought process of an 18 year old boy. Recently it was reported that the constant changing of the "cool" Duck uniforms was part of the draw to Eugene..Go figure?
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 254
    Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:32 pm


Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:40 am
  • Anajimmc wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:


    Good read, certainly wish him well. It is easy to see why he was considering Oregon given they had no WR commits recently. Now that they have gotten a couple of 4-stars, it may not seem so clear to him. That, and given the fact that Oregon doesn't have good prospects at passing QB beyond this year will probably play a role in his choice.

    I think you're correct on everything. I just find it hard to read the logical thought process of an 18 year old boy. Recently it was reported that the constant changing of the "cool" Duck uniforms was part of the draw to Eugene..Go figure?


    The draw of "cool" sport's attire on young athletes and young people in general isn't lost on Nike's marketing department. The fact that the NCAA allows a major sport's footwear and apparel manufacturer to be so closely involved with a college sport's program is beyond me.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6422
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:54 am
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    Anajimmc wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:


    Good read, certainly wish him well. It is easy to see why he was considering Oregon given they had no WR commits recently. Now that they have gotten a couple of 4-stars, it may not seem so clear to him. That, and given the fact that Oregon doesn't have good prospects at passing QB beyond this year will probably play a role in his choice.

    I think you're correct on everything. I just find it hard to read the logical thought process of an 18 year old boy. Recently it was reported that the constant changing of the "cool" Duck uniforms was part of the draw to Eugene..Go figure?


    The draw of "cool" sport's attire on young athletes and young people in general isn't lost on Nike's marketing department. The fact that the NCAA allows a major sport's footwear and apparel manufacturer to be so closely involved with a college sport's program is beyond me.

    Oregon Knight's
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 254
    Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:32 pm


Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:01 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:


    Good read, certainly wish him well. It is easy to see why he was considering Oregon given they had no WR commits recently. Now that they have gotten a couple of 4-stars, it may not seem so clear to him. That, and given the fact that Oregon doesn't have good prospects at passing QB beyond this year will probably play a role in his choice.



    This is trying so hard to negative recruit against Oregon as if recruits actually read this, it’s hilarious. You should watch Tyler Shoughs tape and read up on him. He’s a better pure passer than Yankoff, but not as good of an athlete.

    (I slightly like Yankoff better because he’s more of a duel threat, but the passing game will not be a problem.)
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24093
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:06 pm
  • Btw, when Taggart was here we had 5 4 star receivers commited and that wasn’t a problem for Williams. The guy is a borderline 5 star, he’s not afraid of competition. And if he was I wouldn’t want him.

    If he chooses usc it’s because they’re the home town school and it’s because they’re usc. Not because Oregon has a few 4 star receivers.
    Last edited by JSeahawks on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24093
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:15 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Btw, when Taggart was here we had 5 4 star receivers commited and that wasn’t a problem for Williams. The guy is a borderline 5 star, he’s not afraid of competition. And if he was I wouldn’t want him.

    Those are the players you want. Any kid who looks at the line up and says Look I've got an easy path I don't want. Any kid that says He's the top rated XYZ I think I can beat his Ass, that's the kid for me. And 24/7 crystal ball has Williams to Oregon, hoping they're wrong. Williams and St. Brown would create matchup nightmares for years to come.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 254
    Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:32 pm


Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:59 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Btw, when Taggart was here we had 5 4 star receivers commited and that wasn’t a problem for Williams. The guy is a borderline 5 star, he’s not afraid of competition. And if he was I wouldn’t want him.

    If he chooses usc it’s because they’re the home town school and it’s because they’re usc. Not because Oregon has a few 4 star receivers.


    Every high profile recruit evaluates on any number of factors, including who's already committed at their positions, player development, demographics, etc. - etc., i.e., it's a long list. Included in that evaluation are multiple advisers helping them
    decide.

    As for him being a "borderline 5-star" player? Yes, we get it, UDub players are low 3-star when Oregon players are high 3-star or borderline 4-star, lol. If he's borderline 5-star, UW's Marquis Spiker must be a borderline 6-star.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6422
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:04 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Btw, when Taggart was here we had 5 4 star receivers commited and that wasn’t a problem for Williams. The guy is a borderline 5 star, he’s not afraid of competition. And if he was I wouldn’t want him.

    If he chooses usc it’s because they’re the home town school and it’s because they’re usc. Not because Oregon has a few 4 star receivers.


    As for him being a "borderline 5-star" player? Yes, we get it, UDub players are low 3-star when Oregon players are high 3-star or borderline 4-star, lol. If he's borderline 5-star, UW's Marquis Spiker must be a borderline 6-star.



    Why does everything have to be a competition between Oregon and Washington? I called him a border line 5 star because until 10 days ago when 247 reordered their list he WAS a 5 star.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24093
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:18 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Btw, when Taggart was here we had 5 4 star receivers commited and that wasn’t a problem for Williams. The guy is a borderline 5 star, he’s not afraid of competition. And if he was I wouldn’t want him.

    If he chooses usc it’s because they’re the home town school and it’s because they’re usc. Not because Oregon has a few 4 star receivers.


    As for him being a "borderline 5-star" player? Yes, we get it, UDub players are low 3-star when Oregon players are high 3-star or borderline 4-star, lol. If he's borderline 5-star, UW's Marquis Spiker must be a borderline 6-star.



    Why does everything have to be a competition between Oregon and Washington? I called him a border line 5 star because until 10 days ago when 247 reordered their list he WAS a 5 star.


    Nothing personal, just an observation. :D
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6422
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


247 Reporting....
Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:22 pm
  • 247Sports predicting 4-star Julius Irvin to UW Huskies over Alabama and USC.

    Smart move, with three Husky DB's in the early second round of the 2017 NFL draft, no school is doing a better job of developing DB's.

    https://247sports.com/college/washingto ... -114412576
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6422
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


Re: 247 Reporting....
Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:29 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:247Sports predicting 4-star Julius Irvin to UW Huskies over Alabama and USC.


    He was pretty good back in the day for the 76ers. But getting pretty old.

    Visited usc on the 27th and right after that got a bunch of movement towards uw. I’m guessing usc told him they don’t have room for him. Would be a good get for uw though.
    Last edited by JSeahawks on Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24093
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


247 Reporting....
Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:31 pm
  • Whoops, dbl post.
    Last edited by DomeHawk on Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6422
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


Re: 247 Reporting....
Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:34 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Visited usc on the 27th and right after that got a bunch of movement towards uw. I’m guessing usc told him they don’t have room for him. Would be a good get for uw though.


    Yeah right, why would they want one of the best 4-star DB recruits in the country?

    Probably waiting for one of those "borderline" 5-star recruits huh?
    Last edited by DomeHawk on Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6422
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


Re: 247 Reporting....
Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:35 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:247Sports predicting 4-star Julius Irvin to UW Huskies over Alabama and USC.

    Smart move, with three Husky DB's in the early second round of the 2017 NFL draft, no school is doing a better job of developing DB's.

    https://247sports.com/college/washingto ... -114412576

    He's committing tomorrow, so we'll all see soon enough.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 254
    Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:32 pm


Re: 247 Reporting....
Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:37 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    Visited usc on the 27th and right after that got a bunch of movement towards uw. I’m guessing usc told him they don’t have room for him. Would be a good get for uw though.


    Yeah right, why would they want one of the best 4-star DB recruits in the country?


    Because they’re getting 5 star dBs Isaac Taylor Stuart and Olaijah Griffin. And they’re taking a very small class.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24093
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: 247 Reporting....
Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:44 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    Visited usc on the 27th and right after that got a bunch of movement towards uw. I’m guessing usc told him they don’t have room for him. Would be a good get for uw though.


    Yeah right, why would they want one of the best 4-star DB recruits in the country?


    Because they’re getting 5 star dBs Isaac Taylor Stuart and Olaijah Griffin. And they’re taking a very small class.

    But a clas of :
    ITS
    Griffin
    Irvin
    Hufanga
    Would be oh so hard to take.

    Word is SC is looking at 6 new commits on signing day. Clay Helton is in Utah today, so maybe that ship hasn't sailed.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 254
    Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:32 pm


Re: 247 Reporting....
Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:59 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    Visited usc on the 27th and right after that got a bunch of movement towards uw. I’m guessing usc told him they don’t have room for him. Would be a good get for uw though.


    Yeah right, why would they want one of the best 4-star DB recruits in the country?


    Because they’re getting 5 star dBs Isaac Taylor Stuart and Olaijah Griffin. And they’re taking a very small class.


    247 lists USC with three 5-star commits, none of whom are DB's.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6422
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


Re: 247 Reporting....
Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:03 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    Visited usc on the 27th and right after that got a bunch of movement towards uw. I’m guessing usc told him they don’t have room for him. Would be a good get for uw though.


    Yeah right, why would they want one of the best 4-star DB recruits in the country?


    Because they’re getting 5 star dBs Isaac Taylor Stuart and Olaijah Griffin. And they’re taking a very small class.


    247 lists USC with three 5-star commits, none of whom are DB's.



    Neither of those 2 are commited yet. Like I said, it’s just my guess of what happened, I very well could be wrong. But it’s not very often that you see a kid take a visit then suddenly start getting cb’s somewhere else.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24093
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: 247 Reporting....
Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:50 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    Yeah right, why would they want one of the best 4-star DB recruits in the country?


    Because they’re getting 5 star dBs Isaac Taylor Stuart and Olaijah Griffin. And they’re taking a very small class.


    247 lists USC with three 5-star commits, none of whom are DB's.



    Neither of those 2 are commited yet. Like I said, it’s just my guess of what happened, I very well could be wrong. But it’s not very often that you see a kid take a visit then suddenly start getting cb’s somewhere else.


    It would make absolutely NO sense that they would say that we don't want you when they don't have those players signed or even committed. It's just more disinformation.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6422
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:01 pm
  • Disinformation? Its my opinion my man. Nothing more, nothing less. Isnt that the point of message boards? To share our opinions?
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24093
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:03 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Disinformation? Its my opinion my man. Nothing more, nothing less. Isnt that the point of message boards? To share our opinions?


    Yes, but when someone posts something as if it is a fact then it isn't opinion. You are saying the only reason UW might get him is that USC didn't want him but there is NOTHING that would suggest that.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6422
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:58 pm
  • Domehawk,
    Sick of agruiing, its getting old. Who are your 3 favorite signees that UW has in this class?

    Anajimmc, same question to you for USC's class so far? Sc85Sis?

    I'd love it if some of the other UW fans that like to talk recruiting would chime in to. Drrrew? Hawkfan77? Davidomni? Others? Cesame on the Oregon side? Any Coug fans who are paying attention?
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24093
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:42 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Domehawk,
    Sick of agruiing, its getting old. Who are your 3 favorite signees that UW has in this class?

    Anajimmc, same question to you for USC's class so far? Sc85Sis?

    I'd love it if some of the other UW fans that like to talk recruiting would chime in to. Drrrew? Hawkfan77? Davidomni? Others? Cesame on the Oregon side? Any Coug fans who are paying attention?

    That's a tough ask, but:
    Justin Dedich: always love the O-line guys. Been a long term, unwavering recruit, who's been in other recruits ear.
    Raymond Scott: another long term recruit. His mom passed away this year, got to be tough for a young man to go through, so you want the best for him.
    JT Daniels: come on, Gatorade player of the year as a junior. Wants to matriculate so badly, that he's re-classifying from a junior to a senior and putting in the class work to make it happen.

    and same question to you.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 254
    Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:32 pm


Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:50 pm
  • Anajimmc wrote:and same question to you.


    For me:

    1. Jevon Holland. In many way's he's the leader of the class. Keeping them all on point and recruiting others through all the coaching drama. Plus, he's a stud on the field and seems like a fun kid off the field.

    2. Travis Dye: Mostly just because I root for the underdog. He's not the highest rated guy but I really like his tape. Plus his brother (linebacker Troy Dye) was also a very unheralded recruit and then came in and after about 3 practices it was obvious he was one of the best players on the team. I'm hoping the blood lines deliver another stud.

    3. Andrew Johnson. Love pulling kids out of SEC country (he's from Georgia). He looks like an SEC type linebacker.

    Hufanga is the one that got away that I think is going to sting. Man, would have loved to land him.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24093
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:07 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Anajimmc wrote:
    Hufanga is the one that got away that I think is going to sting. Man, would have loved to land him.

    And that's why 3 is tough.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 254
    Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:32 pm


Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:41 pm
  • Not ignoring the question, thought I posted something but it disappeared.

    Let me think on it, right now a certain 16-year-old LB/DE is testing my patience.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6422
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:42 pm
  • Favorite (not necessarily best) UW recruits:

    MJ Ale - OL out of Fife, WA. Listed at 6'6 330, but looking at some pictures from the Polynesia Bowl, I think he's likely even bigger than that. Ale grew up in Australia and is a 2x Golden Gloves heavyweight boxing champion. He's going to need a fair amount of work, but he could be just a road grader at guard in a couple years.

    Kyler Gordon - DB out of Everett, WA. Budda Baker redux. This kid has the football instincts and hips to be an absolute start defensive back. Have to just hope Jimmy Lake sticks around as he's a star coach.

    Marquis Spiker - Wide receiver was a big problem for the UW offense this past season. 6'3 Spiker paired with 6'4 Ty Jones from last seasons recruiting class is going to make sure WR is a position of strength for the next 3 years. They could both be NFL talents.
    drrew
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1090
    Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:50 am


Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:11 pm
  • Julius Irvin 4 star DB from Servite (Anaheim, CA) just committed to UDUB. Woof!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    dopeboy206
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1096
    Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 10:47 am


Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:18 pm
  • dopeboy206 wrote:Julius Irvin 4 star DB from Servite (Anaheim, CA) just committed to UDUB. Woof!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    That’s a huge get! I think he is under rated as a 4 star.
    hawkman
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 113
    Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:10 am


Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:31 pm
  • There is a very good chance UW also gets 4 star DT Tuli Letuligasenoa to flip from USC. Looking like we have a good chance at 4 star DE Jeremiah Martin as well. Getting one of those two would be a great way to finish out the class, getting both would be amazing.
    hawkman
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 113
    Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:10 am


Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:32 pm
  • Good get. Dad played in the NFL, so as they say in Real Estate, Good Bones.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 254
    Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:32 pm


Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:37 pm
  • hawkman wrote:There is a very good chance UW also gets 4 star DT Tuli Letuligasenoa to flip from USC. Looking like we have a good chance at 4 star DE Jeremiah Martin as well. Getting one of those two would be a great way to finish out the class, getting both would be amazing.

    There's some concern in LA about this too. SC had a "surprise" visit from a linebacker committed to Oregon. The thinking is that he would be a replacement for one player who they thought they had that is going elsewhere. Could be Irvin, Tuli or Solomon.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 254
    Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:32 pm


Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:46 pm
  • Anajimmc wrote:
    hawkman wrote:There is a very good chance UW also gets 4 star DT Tuli Letuligasenoa to flip from USC. Looking like we have a good chance at 4 star DE Jeremiah Martin as well. Getting one of those two would be a great way to finish out the class, getting both would be amazing.

    There's some concern in LA about this too. SC had a "surprise" visit from a linebacker committed to Oregon. The thinking is that he would be a replacement for one player who they thought they had that is going elsewhere. Could be Irvin, Tuli or Solomon.


    I tke it that it was Winston you were referring to? If so we that would be a good get. The kid is a baller.
    hawkman
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 113
    Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:10 am


Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:49 pm
  • hawkman wrote:
    Anajimmc wrote:
    hawkman wrote:There is a very good chance UW also gets 4 star DT Tuli Letuligasenoa to flip from USC. Looking like we have a good chance at 4 star DE Jeremiah Martin as well. Getting one of those two would be a great way to finish out the class, getting both would be amazing.

    There's some concern in LA about this too. SC had a "surprise" visit from a linebacker committed to Oregon. The thinking is that he would be a replacement for one player who they thought they had that is going elsewhere. Could be Irvin, Tuli or Solomon.


    I tke it that it was Winston you were referring to? If so we that would be a good get. The kid is a baller.


    I hope you guys get Winston. Save us a waisted scholarship.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24093
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:00 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    hawkman wrote:
    Anajimmc wrote:
    hawkman wrote:There is a very good chance UW also gets 4 star DT Tuli Letuligasenoa to flip from USC. Looking like we have a good chance at 4 star DE Jeremiah Martin as well. Getting one of those two would be a great way to finish out the class, getting both would be amazing.

    There's some concern in LA about this too. SC had a "surprise" visit from a linebacker committed to Oregon. The thinking is that he would be a replacement for one player who they thought they had that is going elsewhere. Could be Irvin, Tuli or Solomon.


    I tke it that it was Winston you were referring to? If so we that would be a good get. The kid is a baller.


    I hope you guys get Winston. Save us a waisted scholarship.


    Kid has offers from 11 schools. Please fill us in on what you know that the professional analysts and all the coaches that offered him don’t know.
    hawkman
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 113
    Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:10 am


Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:10 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    hawkman wrote:
    Anajimmc wrote:
    hawkman wrote:There is a very good chance UW also gets 4 star DT Tuli Letuligasenoa to flip from USC. Looking like we have a good chance at 4 star DE Jeremiah Martin as well. Getting one of those two would be a great way to finish out the class, getting both would be amazing.

    There's some concern in LA about this too. SC had a "surprise" visit from a linebacker committed to Oregon. The thinking is that he would be a replacement for one player who they thought they had that is going elsewhere. Could be Irvin, Tuli or Solomon.


    I tke it that it was Winston you were referring to? If so we that would be a good get. The kid is a baller.


    I hope you guys get Winston. Save us a waisted scholarship.

    Well if it's Winston for Irvin, I'll take it cause we're not getting Irvin anyways. We've got 2 good DL so although I'd like to have Tuli, it wouldn't be the end of the world. Don't want to trade Winston for Solomon, I want Solomon, he's a baller.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 254
    Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:32 pm


Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:12 pm
  • I think he’s not athletic enough to be a linebacker, not big enough to be a d’linemen. Plus I’ve heard some things about his competitiveness from guys who have coached against him.

    Just my opinion.

    There were I think 9 4 stars in Oregon this year, huganga (usc), Lenzy (Notre Dame) and Cota (UCLA) were the only ones I liked. The majority of Oregon high school players are overrated because they play crap competition, in my opinion. Including the ones signing with Oregon.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24093
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:33 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:I think he’s not athletic enough to be a linebacker, not big enough to be a d’linemen. Plus I’ve heard some things about his competitiveness from guys who have coached against him.

    Just my opinion.

    There were I think 9 4 stars in Oregon this year, huganga (usc), Lenzy (Notre Dame) and Cota (UCLA) were the only ones I liked. The majority of Oregon high school players are overrated because they play crap competition, in my opinion. Including the ones signing with Oregon.


    C'mon, get real. If he decommits, "we didn't want him anyway." If he commits, he's a "borderline" 5-star. Very entertaining.

    As for the description, you could be describing my youngest son although he's athletic but not really fast, if that makes sense. He is also very competitive so we let him switch from private school to public 4A. While he was at private his school played a team called Archbishop Murphy HS, a private catholic school located in the 'burbs north of Seattle. Archbishop is what you would call a "stacked" team, so much so that the smaller schools in their division often just forfeit to protect their players who are typically much smaller than Archbishop's. They recruit players from around the region and are able to bypass rules governing recruitment of players outside of their district due to their private catholic status. Typically, they will give scholarships to those players who cannot afford the tuition.

    So, not only do they play against inferior (crap, as you say) competition, but often they don't play at all with several teams forfeiting their games. Does this make their players bad? Apparently not, because they are one of the highly recruited schools in the region and in fact, Kyler Gordon, the states #1 recruit who chose UDub, is an Archbishop Murphy player.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6422
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:47 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:I think he’s not athletic enough to be a linebacker, not big enough to be a d’linemen. Plus I’ve heard some things about his competitiveness from guys who have coached against him.

    Just my opinion.

    There were I think 9 4 stars in Oregon this year, huganga (usc), Lenzy (Notre Dame) and Cota (UCLA) were the only ones I liked. The majority of Oregon high school players are overrated because they play crap competition, in my opinion. Including the ones signing with Oregon.


    C'mon, get real. If he decommits, "we didn't want him anyway." If he commits, he's a "borderline" 5-star. Very entertaining.



    Go back and read my post when he commited. The nicest thing I said about him was that his brother plays for the ducks.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24093
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


PreviousNext


It is currently Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:46 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 48 guests