Malik McDowell

nanomoz

Reaction score
Intriguing. Some very Seahawk-y traits with the length and quickness. Also, this team isn't afraid of tweeners if they have a high pass rush ceiling and the ability to contribute at more than one position (Bruce Irvin, Michael Bennett, Frank Clark).

I'd love Rob Staton's thoughts on the guy.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
he is an intriguing prospect, high ceiling but I remember reading he had some character issues and a questionable motor. Clark may have had some risks come in with him but there wasn't much concern about his work ethic. The motor question always makes me nervous

bighawk

Reaction score
Malik is coming today to visit the Seahawks I hope they draft him he is super young 20 i dont buy all this taking plays off. His upside is tremendous.

penihawk

Reaction score
And his floor is big time bust. Too many players with a way higher floor and just as high of ceiling. Pass

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He's 20 and already a significant force when playing up to his ability. If there is any coach that can get inside his head and make him play with fire and consistently during the plays he's allowed to play it's Pete.

bighawk

Reaction score
I love when guys say that lets draft the safest guy we tried that With Curry and he was a bust. Jordan hill 3rd round pick couldnt stay on the field. I like PCJS doing their due diligence McDowell is a freak he is only 20 he just needs someone to harness his immense talent. I hope they take him.

penihawk

Reaction score
Freak? How so? His explosion numbers are average and his tape sucks. Where are we going to play him to tap this immense talent? Myles Garrett is a freak, Malik McDowell not so much. Not before the 3rd round for me.

titan3131

Reaction score
seeing that our pick is so late I basically consider 2.26 to b a 3rd roundpick. I would take him there if he was available; it would be pinnacle seahawks move consider ceiling ignore floor and bet on our unique culture and coaching to get the best out of this unique guy.

two dog

Reaction score
Million dollar body, nickel's worth of "want to". Yes, his potential ceiling is high but his low is
the basement. I would go for Chris Wormley and let McDowell be great somewhere else.

bighawk

Reaction score
Trade down into the early second round and take him. The draft is a crap shoot his skillset is an all pro skillset. A lot of you guys were against Frank Clark but people can change plus he is only 20 years old. McDowell and Witherspoon would be ideal. Whomever they take i support.

OP
OP
T

Taehwk

Reaction score
I think this is a guy if Dan Quinn was still coaching with the hawks we would consider him. Dan Quinn was noted for teaching and developing DL hand fighting techniques to become more effective rushers.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/arti ... 4d988dc864

I believe several Seahawks have credited him with this.

A draft prospect who is raw and limited like McDowell may benefit greatly from a coach like Quinn. He is still very Seahawky in terms of being athletic. I think he lands in Atlanta to improve that defense even more.

bighawk

Reaction score
I think Clint Hurtt the new dline coach will coach him up and he will want to show how good he can be.

Seafan

Reaction score
Heard negative talk about his motivation. Hawks have met with him. Wouldn't be surprised about a 1st round DL/Edge like him or Tim Williams. But my money would be on Obi.

OP
OP
T

Taehwk

Reaction score
Woot!!!!! first time I reviewed a prospect that the hawks actually drafted :D
Always thought our interior rush was weak!!!

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
bighawk":1q54semj said:
Trade down into the early second round and take him. The draft is a crap shoot his skillset is an all pro skillset. A lot of you guys were against Frank Clark but people can change plus he is only 20 years old. McDowell and Witherspoon would be ideal. Whomever they take i support.

Nice call!

titan3131

Reaction score
Collective high five everyone!!! Let's counter the psychotic badjujus 99% of fans are throwing around on our picks!

Atradees

Reaction score
I like this pick alot. Alan Branch and Tony McDaniels were guys we had been known to bring on board. It's nice to have a young potential guy we can put next to the kid from Alabama. Our locker can put his head on straight.

I'm guessing we could have got him at 58.

titan3131

Reaction score
Atradees":hjnpzmog said:
I like this pick alot. Alan Branch and Tony McDaniels were guys we had been known to bring on board. It's nice to have a young potential guy we can put next to the kid from Alabama. Our locker can put his head on straight.

I'm guessing we could have got him at 58.

say it with me,

Calias Campbell - not a run stuffing type, a defensive weapon that can play every position and rush the passer better then anyone in the ENTIRE DRAFT.

Would not have been there at 58

two dog

Reaction score
Despite my earlier contrarian view, after reading Pete's rationale, I'm glad we took him.
Seriously doubt he would have been available at 58.

I still think Chris Wormley will be a fine player but not with McDowell's upside.