The 2020 Recruiting thread

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Going to go ahead and get this started.

Oregon already has two commits for 2020:

Avantae Williams: 4 star. From Florida he's the #2 safety, #43 player overall in the class. He's a stud, but i would be shocked if he's actually a part of Oregon's class a year from now. Just became a father, so i doubt he's moving all the way across the country.

Seth Figgins: 3 star TE from California. 6'6", 225.

Washington has 1 commit:

Gaard Memmelaar: 3 star o'linemen from Idaho. 6'4", 290.

USC has 2 commits:

Bryce Young: 5 star QB, #1 duel threat QB in the country.

Parker Lewis: A kicker.

State of Washington has quite a few studs in this years high school class:

Sa'vell Smalls from Garfield High is the #1 OLB, and #4 overall player in the country. On 247 network he has 3 predictions to Florida State, 2 to Alabama and 1 to Washington.

Gee Scott Jr is a 4 star WR from Eastside Catholic. He's the 15th WR, 70th overall. He's already commited to Ohio State.

Gelrean Hatchett is a 4 star o'linemen from Ferndale. #5 guard, #165 overall. He's got 5 predictions to UW, 1 to Oklahoma.

DJ Rodgers from eastside catholic is a 4 star TE, #5 TE in the country. His only predictions are to USC.

Sam Adams II. Son of the Seahawks Sam Adams is a 4 star rb, also from eastside catholic. All of his predictions are to Texas A&M.

Ayden Hector is a 3 star corner from Eastside Catholic. All 4 of his predictions are to USC.

Then there are a handful of 3 stars who might be Pac12 level, but i'm not going to list.

State of Oregon only has 3 low 4 star players, and to be honest, I hope Oregon does not sign any of them.

Max Lenzy, cornerback from Tigard HS. Currently has one prediction for Oregon and 1 for Purdue.

Jalen John, RB from Lake Oswego. 3 predictions to Oregon State. Would be a good get for Beavers. But i dont think he's on the level of UW, UO or USC.

Silas Starr, WR, Central CAtholic. Has 2 predictions for Oregon, 1 for Oregon State. Again, i'd be happy with him going to Oregon STate.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Question for you Seattleites. What's up with Eastside Catholic? Pretty amazing for one NW school to have 4 4 stars in one class. Are they a private school that recruits its players?

They've also got JT Tuimoloua who is the #1 player in the entire country for the 2021 class.

Interesting to note that in the next two classes combined the state of Washington has 11 kids ranked higher then the top ranked Oregon kid. UW is definitely going to want to build a fence around their state.

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":19ry94nk said:
Question for you Seattleites. What's up with Eastside Catholic? Pretty amazing for one NW school to have 4 4 stars in one class. Are they a private school that recruits its players?

They've also got JT Tuimoloua who is the #1 player in the entire country for the 2021 class.

Interesting to note that in the next two classes combined the state of Washington has 11 kids ranked higher then the top ranked Oregon kid. UW is definitely going to want to build a fence around their state.

Yes they do, EC is the new Bellevue, much like Archbishop Murphy, they draw form a wide area. EC's area is east King County, an area of high-population middle and upper middle-class families, overall probably the best area to draw from in Washington State.

https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/h ... 03965.html

purpleneer

Reaction score
DomeHawk":nrnq2rl4 said:
Yes they do, EC is the new Bellevue, much like Archbishop Murphy, they draw form a wide area. EC's area is east King County, an area of high-population middle and upper middle-class families, overall probably the best area to draw from in Washington State.

With the obvious difference being that Bellevue is a public school, where recruiting isn't supposed to happen.

chris98251

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1lbtu2l8 said:
JSeahawks":1lbtu2l8 said:

Yes a wide area including California.and other areas and have the kids register and stay at Fosters during their junior and senior years. No area year and and year out in a district with regular kids can dominate every year on the extreme levels that Archbishop and Eastside Catholic. Bishop Blanchet did it for years also when I was in school and then went Public, all of a sudden they were not dominant. They from what I undersatnd may have went back to being a private / invite school but never have acheived what they did in the 70's athletically as far as sports. They may have focused in other areas.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Given that offers get made to 8th graders, shouldn't we have a 2024 recruiting thread?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
chris98251":7eqa3u47 said:
DomeHawk":7eqa3u47 said:
JSeahawks":7eqa3u47 said:

Yes a wide area including California.and other areas and have the kids register and stay at Fosters during their junior and senior years. No area year and and year out in a district with regular kids can dominate every year on the extreme levels that Archbishop and Eastside Catholic. Bishop Blanchet did it for years also when I was in school and then went Public, all of a sudden they were not dominant. They from what I undersatnd may have went back to being a private / invite school but never have acheived what they did in the 70's athletically as far as sports. They may have focused in other areas.

Residential academies are common in soccer and hockey.

Surprised football hasnt just gone in with it. Essentially what youre describing here but with recognition

D

DomeHawk

purpleneer":3en97gb6 said:
DomeHawk":3en97gb6 said:

With the obvious difference being that Bellevue is a public school, where recruiting isn't supposed to happen.

"isn't supposed to happen," but did at Bellevue util they got caught and they are no longer dominant.

https://komonews.com/news/local/superin ... levue-high

When I say that EC is the "new" Bellevue, I mean in terms of football dominance.

goseahawks2012

Reaction score
Some UW targers that UW is doing well with right now is

- QB Ethan Gabers who is the younger brother of Chase Gbaers. UW currently leads but Ethan is starting to blow up (ust got offered by Georgia)

- TE Mark Redman is Ethan's teammate and UW is doing very well with him. Mark is visiting UW again in the spring and it wouldn't be a surprise to see Ethan commit on the visit

- RB Jayveon Sunday took a visit last month to UW with his coach and came away very impressed. He will visit UW again from the spring game and there is a chance he gives his commitment then.

- OLB Nick Herbig is from the same high school as Faatui Tuitele and he loved his visit to UW this past fall. Will be making anthor trip to UW this summer and want's to commit before his season starts in August.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
These are fun threads. Can we keep the conversation to prospects for whatever team your a fan of and questions for experts of other fan bases about what they're hearing about recruits.

I'd hate to see this get shut down, and there are other places to go if you can't handle your $#!t.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
Rivals released its Rivals 250 for the 2020 recruiting class today. Here are a few names for USC fans to keep in mind.

#1 QB DJ Uiagalelei (St. John Bosco) -- It looked for a big like USC could chase Bryce Young and Uiagalelei in this class, but I'd be shocked if that continued. Clemson looks like the leader at this point. Uiagalelei is a big time baseball prospect as well, so that could come into play at some point.

#3 LB Justin Flowe (Upland) -- As big of a must-get prospect as there is in this class for USC. He's an instant impact guy at inside linebacker and would be a massive help in building the 2020 class. He's a national recruit, so SEC schools (plus Clemson, Ohio State, etc.) will be all over him.

#4 CB Elias Ricks (Mater Dei) -- An early commitment to LSU, but USC will continue to push for Ricks, a big time playmaker at cornerback.

#9 CB Kelee Ringo (Saguaro/Ariz.) -- A duo of Ricks and Ringo at cornerback would be an A++ class and isn't out of the realm of possibilities, but USC would need to start generating some serious on field momentum.

#14 RB Kendall Milton (Buchanan) -- The nation's No. 2 running back looked like a USC lean at one point. Alabama, Ohio State and the regular cast will be chasing him.

#17 TE Darnell Washington (Desert Pines/Nev.) -- Massive tight end prospect will be chased nationwide.

#26 WR Johnny Wilson (Calabasas) -- Talented wide receiver did not list USC among his top 5 schools.

#49 WR Gary Bryant (Centennial) -- Very talented, speedy wide receiver. Looks like USC has a good shot with him.

#51 OT Tosh Baker (Pinnacle/Ariz) -- A national prospect with Michigan, Notre Dame, and Oklahoma, among others, chasing. 6-8 offensive tackle. USC is in the picture.

#53 QB Bryce Young (Mater Dei) -- Very talented thrower and can run as well. Committed early to USC and the Trojans have hung onto his commitment thus far. Need to keep it that way.

#54 CB Clark Phillips (La Habra) -- No offer from USC. Will be interesting to see if that changes, and if it's already too late.

#55 RB Bijan Robinson (Salpointe/Ariz.) -- Running back who reportedly said USC has cooled on him a bit

#63 S Lathan Ransom (Salpointe/Ariz.) -- Safety picking up recruiting momentum

#66 Noah Sewell (Orem/Utah) -- Impact linebacker, brother of Penei Sewell, at Oregon

#73 WR Jalen McMillan (San Joaquin Memorial) -- Named USC among his top 10

#114 OG Myles Murao (Mater Dei) -- A top target along the offensive line

#130 WR John Humphreys (Corona Del Mar) -- Another talented California receiver

#139 WR Kris Hutson (St. John Bosco) -- former USC commit

#170 ATH Jaden Navarrette (Norco) -- Added a USC offer more than two and a half years ago

#177 RB Sam Adams (Eastside Catholic/Wash.) -- Recent USC RB offer

#185 LB Justin Houston (Serra) -- brother of John Houston

#215 WR Joshua Jackson (Narbonne) -- Again, a terrific California wide receiver

#238 CB Ayden Hector (Eastside Catholic/Wash) -- Both parents attended USC

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Dj U is going to win national championships for somebody. Dude is a much better throwing version of Cam Newton.

Flowe is an absolute beast.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
JSeahawks":a1jcpqxn said:
Dj U is going to win national championships for somebody. Dude is a much better throwing version of Cam Newton.

Flowe is an absolute beast.

The crazy thing is DJ is still very raw. Relatively new to football, he could write his ticket as a MLB pitcher, absolute stud.

Flowe is who I covet in this class, dude is a missile.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gqvUW64bto

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
UW just landed a commitment from 3 star QB Ethan Garbers from Corona Del Mar. 6'2, 195. 25th ranked pro style QB. Dont know much about him other then that his brother plays at Cal.

goseahawks2012

Reaction score
JSeahawks":ius70osw said:
UW just landed a commitment from 3 star QB Ethan Garbers from Corona Del Mar. 6'2, 195. 25th ranked pro style QB. Dont know much about him other then that his brother plays at Cal.

He fits the mold of what Chris Peterson wants in a QB. He is accurate and makes good decisions with the football. Not very big and doesn't have a huge arm. Is not a mobile QB but can run if necessary. The UW coaches told him that he compared to Jake Browning with a bigger arm at this stage (when he was being recruited).

D

DomeHawk

goseahawks2012":2fr4xa4l said:
JSeahawks":2fr4xa4l said:

He fits the mold of what Chris Peterson wants in a QB. He is accurate and makes good decisions with the football. Not very big and doesn't have a huge arm. Is not a mobile QB but can run if necessary. The UW coaches told him that he compared to Jake Browning with a bigger arm at this stage (when he was being recruited).

He was recruited by Bush Hamdan and everything he does gives me pause for concern.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Ducks get a commitment from Peter Latu, 3 star olb from Bethel High School in Spanaway, Washington. I'm kind of surprised that they actually took a commitment from him this early in the cycle, but it must mean the coaches really like him.

goseahawks2012

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1b0nldcv said:
Ducks get a commitment from Peter Latu, 3 star olb from Bethel High School in Spanaway, Washington. I'm kind of surprised that they actually took a commitment from him this early in the cycle, but it must mean the coaches really like him.

He a athletic kid with really good size for a linebacker. Only problem are his grades which is why UW hasn't offered. If he can get his schoolwork in order then I think Oregon got a steal.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
goseahawks2012":7djxwfgo said:
JSeahawks":7djxwfgo said:

He a athletic kid with really good size for a linebacker. Only problem are his grades which is why UW hasn't offered. If he can get his schoolwork in order then I think Oregon got a steal.

Is UW's academic standards higher than OU's?
I really don't know..I know some schools allow a lower
gpa for football than for just a student..

goseahawks2012

Reaction score
IndyHawk":219qzkgf said:
goseahawks2012":219qzkgf said:
JSeahawks":219qzkgf said:

Is UW's academic standards higher than OU's?
I really don't know..I know some schools allow a lower
gpa for football than for just a student..

Some schools have different requirements when it comes to certain classes needed to be taken. In this instance, there are questions whether Peter will qualify for college and Coach Peterson doesn't like taking kids that barley meet the minimum requirement to get in because he has to go the the UW admission board and vouch for the recruit which he doesn't like to do and he will have to monitor his grades throughout college to make sure he's eligible which he also hates. Pete doesn't want to have to worry if a kid can handle UW courses and stay eligible and if he's struggling in high school, Pete usually passes though there are exceptions. Chicho Mcclatcher was someone who struggled with grades early on but he really improved his grades his junior and senior year which got him a late offer to UW. I could see the same thing happening with Peter if he really does well his senior year, I could see UW offering him late in the fall.