Safety draft prospects

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Look at these athletes. I would like to take this opportunity to remind people that Earl Thomas had an official 40 time of 4.43 at the combine. He got the 4.37 at Texas pro day, where seemingly everyone improves by nearly a tenth of a second. Texas pro day numbers are always a joke, but Earl did also lose weight down to 196 pounds, which is not where he played as a pro at all.

https://3sigmaathlete.com/sparq-rankings-2019/safety/

I'll get into prospects later, but the top prospect this year probably runs a 4.55 at FS, ironically.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Obviously the top athlete. Far and away well beyond a better athlete than Earl Thomas.

[youtube]E0HeemdTirY[/youtube]

knownone

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3f6ewg8b said:
Obviously the top athlete. Far and away well beyond a better athlete than Earl Thomas.

[youtube]E0HeemdTirY[/youtube]
He does seem to be the closest comparison to Earl, in the draft.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Nah, he's quite a bit stronger, a hair faster, and jumps a damn 12 inches higher than Earl. Playing the position is a different subject, but athletically, Earl doesn't compare.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Football IQ is out-frickin-standing with this kid and his combine was really good as well, despite that critics thought that it wouldn't be.

[youtube]vUAd9hX6ntw[/youtube]

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Balls to the wall type. A little bigger than Earl with longer arms and his 4.45 combine 40 is just shy of Earl's 4.43. The 40 is almost the only thing he did there.

[youtube]5iiuGex5BHo[/youtube]

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Another prospect that has a legit combine beyond Earl Thomas. 5'11 198, an OFFICIAL 40 time of 4.36 and a 39.5 inch vert. Plus his Jersey would say Savage on the back.

[youtube]5wiPa0JWdXA[/youtube]

pcbball12

Reaction score
Thornhill is a good player, was a weird study for me. Watched him before the combine and thought he was an instinctive player with average athleticism. Then he blew up the combine so I need to go back and watch him.

Hooker is a really nice player. I believe he was 1st in the nation or 2nd in limiting explosives as well. Played a lot of a slot corner in college so a guy you could move around.

I love Abram. Balls to the wall all the time. An eraser in the run game when playing in the box. Has decent range, but not your sideline to sideline player on tape.

My favorite safety in this draft is probably Darnell Savage though. Dude, go look at his tape. He’s the first player since Earl I have seen fly across the screen the way he does. Completely blows up the run game. He’s a frickin missle. 4.37 speed to so has sideline to sideline speed.

Edit: posted this before I saw your Savage post.

pcbball12

Reaction score
Should probably mention Adderly too. Small school guy but he is a sideline to sideline guy that has legit ball skills...a playmaker. Tackles really well for his size too.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Listed as a safety, but reminds me of Sherm. Sherm didn't have a 42 inch vert and a 6.63 3 cone though. No 40 time, but this kid is likely a convert for the Hawks.

[youtube]N5qZQZJvVWo[/youtube]

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Yeah, was getting to Adderly. No participation in tue combine, but is clearly just a baller.

[youtube]0dwOuc8K4ik[/youtube]

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Last one....widely regarded as best in the nation so no dice for the Hawks. No 40 time, but combine was otherwise good with a really nice 3 cone.

[youtube]geNpgwYtgdc[/youtube]

fenderbender123

Reaction score
We don't want Rapp. He likes to make business decisions like Cam Newton.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
danp1990":m4rcp6g8 said:
vin.couve12":m4rcp6g8 said:
Yeah, was getting to Adderly. No participation in tue combine, but is clearly just a baller.

[youtube]0dwOuc8K4ik[/youtube]

Is Adderly from Delaware?
Yep. No combine numbers. Appears to be a cut above the competition athletically though.

getnasty

Reaction score
One of the guys i like if they trade out of the first is Chauncey Gardner-Johnson out of Florida. Veristle guy that moves well. If they go Safety early he's my guy.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
CGJ played slot CB as well as FS and is indeed very versatile and a vocal team leader. One of a very few I noticed PC/JS in the booth watching with binoculars as he worked out during the combine drills. An Interesting observation, maybe?

:smilingalien:

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I kind of assumed he'd be a late first like Rapp. Might be too expensive for the lack of draft capital that we have this year i.e. the trade down.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Welp...they took Skelebro with Thornhill, Chauncy whatever bis name is, and others still on the board. Hope they're right and he's not in the ice tub all the time.