Will we mess up this draft?

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I get it if we trade down and get more picks. In fact, if JS did it right we could get EVERY pick in the seventh round. Great.

If we stay though I have already seen us mocked out to use the 21st pick on the 49th rated prospect. Is JS going to think he is smarter than everyone else and reach again? I suppose it is inevitable but it is darn frustrating.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Yep, the results with JS so far have sucked. :roll:

jmahon316

Reaction score
Negative. Before last year's draft they made it public that they're going back to their old roots with a smaller board and they absolutely nailed last year's draft. I expect the same results this year. Go ahead, call me a homer if you want but this post will age well

sc85sis

Reaction score
f32e554be4105208bbd61b08eabc91ba.jpg

massari

Reaction score
Gut feeling they'll pick a WR with one of the first two picks and I'll be more butthurt about it than picking a RB in the 1st last year because they'll pass up on very good defenders to do it.

D

DomeHawk

It isn't an exact science but that doesn't change the fact that fans often have unrealistic expectations. I am guessing that we are probably as good (or bad) as anyone is.

chris98251

Reaction score
Post picking about quarter the board will say we blew it and the other quarter will be happy.

Half will be going who and WTF did we do.

sutz

Reaction score
I'm sure a lot of fans will think so. :twisted:

bbsplitter

Reaction score
I'm not a negative nancy by no means I think, however, embracing the negative side - I would be much more OK with trading #21 and making some out of no where pick vs. making that out of no where pick and then trading away #29.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
I'm very concerned they overthink this draft and get to cute . They had a solid draft last 2 years don't screw this up trading down to far forcing you to reach on a DL and WR . They have the means to get a DL rated in the top 10 and a WR rated in the top 5 . Don't screw this up PC and JS.

chris98251

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":p247y4mf said:
I'm very concerned they overthink this draft and get to cute . They had a solid draft last 2 years don't screw this up trading down to far forcing you to reach on a DL and WR . They have the means to get a DL rated in the top 10 and a WR rated in the top 5 . Don't screw this up PC and JS.

They won't go WR in first round, to big of a contract for the position, Penny's deal last year was pretty friendly and he was at the end of the round, you can get a lot more value for DL and O line in the lower third of the draft, where I think we go and find a WR if we do in a later round depending in what we get in trades.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
chris98251":34wq81o9 said:
Northwest Seahawk":34wq81o9 said:

They won't go WR in first round, to big of a contract for the position, Penny's deal last year was pretty friendly and he was at the end of the round, you can get a lot more value for DL and O line in the lower third of the draft, where I think we go and find a WR if we do in a later round depending in what we get in trades.

Darnell Savage would be just fine with me at 29 though so would Campell. No they often do the wrong thing in the first round that's my concern. It doesn't have to be WR it does have to be high quality talent though. Trading out of a high quality pick for a 3rd isn't smart imo.

Atradees

Reaction score
Yes its tough. I want them to not get too cute and just pick a decent player. Likely get a guy they coulda had in the third round at pick 29 or trade pick 29 for a second and fourth.

I wonder which talents that fall to 21 do they pass up and regret later?

chris98251

Reaction score
Atradees":3969wgdq said:
Yes its tough. I want them to not get too cute and just pick a decent player. Likely get a guy they coulda had in the third round at pick 29 or trade pick 29 for a second and fourth.

I wonder which talents that fall to 21 do they pass up and regret later?

Don't think it's what they regret, I think it's what members here don't like and or see what they want to do with them much like Irvin.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Highly likely.

Our unrepentant record at trying to be 'smarter than the league' has backfired mightily in our top 45 overall selections.

Our drafts have been universally saved on day three.

This year we don't have hardly any day three stock. And our naturally contrarian method when drafting at the top of the draft is likely to follow our inherent nature. There is no ability to pull out late round aces.

chris98251

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":2d1xrm7a said:
Highly likely.

Our unrepentant record at trying to be 'smarter than the league' has backfired mightily in our top 45 overall selections.

Our drafts have been universally saved on day three.

This year we don't have hardly any day three stock. And our naturally contrarian method when drafting at the top of the draft is likely to follow our inherent nature. There is no ability to pull out late round aces.

So two first rounders can't be made into a good amount of day 2 and three picks?

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1pajghsj said:
So two first rounders can't be made into a good amount of day 2 and three picks?

It appears they can. Good on ya, chris.

toffee

Reaction score
IF we had to choice between Sweat or Collier and picked Collier, dot net would have ....