How will Seahawks rebuild pass rush after Frank Clark Trade

ivotuk

Reaction score
ayton: How will Seahawks rebuild pass rush after Frank Clark trade?

For the moment, however, the Seahawks are without much of a pass rush. The recently-returned Cassius Marsh now becomes the team’s top pass-rusher, and Seattle will need a big jump from Jacob Martin and Rasheem Green in their second year as pros.

That won’t be enough, so the Seahawks will have to look to sign a veteran such as Nick Perry or an unrestricted free agent pass-rusher after the unrestricted period ends in the second week of May.

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/635234/cl ... ark-trade/

chet380

Reaction score
Sweat or Ferrill could fall to No. 21 -- both are close to elite.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I agree with Ivotuk and think the team will likely add a few veteran players as hedges to whoever they draft. There a re a few out there still several of whom have terrible health histories, but are good players when healthy.

chris98251

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2e4bqik0 said:
I agree with Ivotuk and think the team will likely add a few veteran players as hedges to whoever they draft. There a re a few out there still several of whom have terrible health histories, but are good players when healthy.

We have looked at a few Vets and brought them in already although none signed, hedge betting for sure and covering bases in the event we don't have picks or our redshirts deliver.

mikeak

Reaction score
chris98251":fjbqwjot said:
jammerhawk":fjbqwjot said:

We have looked at a few Vets and brought them in already although none signed, hedge betting for sure and covering bases in the event we don't have picks or our redshirts deliver.

Players signing for lower amounts and 2 years would benefit from a better team. So they may intentionally be waiting until after the comp pick penalty period is up (early May I believe). That way they know more money gets back on the table and the team will save a comp pick for next year

Either get signed really quickly as a FA for lots of money or wait it out and find some desperate teams. Point being we could have a deal without it being inked on paper

sdog1981

Reaction score
I think the Hawks are going to try to piviot the way they think about the pass rush. Not one 14 sack guy but three 8 sack guys. Keep the rotation fresh.

cheese22

Reaction score
I believe Jacob Martin surprises some people. He was a factor in a part time role last year. I hope and think he takes a big step forward this year.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
mikeak":18a44vs2 said:
chris98251":18a44vs2 said:
jammerhawk":18a44vs2 said:

Players signing for lower amounts and 2 years would benefit from a better team. So they may intentionally be waiting until after the comp pick penalty period is up (early May I believe). That way they know more money gets back on the table and the team will save a comp pick for next year

Either get signed really quickly as a FA for lots of money or wait it out and find some desperate teams. Point being we could have a deal without it being inked on paper

See mikeak's bolded statement. I believe May 7th is the date.