So if Arizona takes Murrey

chris98251

Reaction score
Rosen is immediate trade bait for a team that could shake up the rest of the first round, some team could move for him and give Arizona another few picks, Broncos? Redskins? Giants? Dolphins?

HawkGA

Reaction score
No Broncos (probably). I think the Giants should. Or the Patriots (maybe). But I think the compensation will be curious. I'm sure the Cards want a first but I doubt they'll get one. I think they should pull the trigger on trading him before the second pick comes off the board. His value is in teams not having to spend a first round pick on one of the rookies this year. Once they start doing that, he loses a lot of value.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
HawkGA":e3dme5kn said:
No Broncos (probably). I think the Giants should. Or the Patriots (maybe). But I think the compensation will be curious. I'm sure the Cards want a first but I doubt they'll get one. I think they should pull the trigger on trading him before the second pick comes off the board. His value is in teams not having to spend a first round pick on one of the rookies this year. Once they start doing that, he loses a lot of value.

2nd and a 3rd maybe a later pick as well to a team that has a lot of capital that needs a QB, he has film so is not an unknown which is a bonus for a lot of teams looking rather then hoping your pick can make the cut.

mikeak

Reaction score
HawkGA":llrqdbhf said:

Not necessarily

1) They have a total of 10 picks. As much as they sucked they are not desperate for 2019 picks

2) Teams missing out on players may also trade for him so they would be more desperate than the Cardinals

3) If they got ice in their veins they draft a QB now, sit on two and "hope" someone gets injured in pre-season for a different team. Then fleece them in the trade. Like the Vikings got fleeced a few years ago

HawkGA

Reaction score
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/cardinals- ... 02115.html

Here's an article on it. Don't know what the offers were, but I'm sure they are worse now. I actually don't think the two QB approach is too bad. Dallas did it with Aikman and Steve Walsh, but I do feel a bit bad for Rosen. He's going to end up benched on a crappy team. I would be surprised if his career amounts to squat now.