Montez Sweat possibly misdiagnosed with heart issue

ivotuk

Reaction score
Tests taken at the combine revealed Sweat might have hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, which results in thickening of the heart walls, as doctors in Indianapolis measured nearly two centimeters of thickness...

Sweat has since met with several experts, who concluded that doctors at the combine accidentally included capillary muscle in their testing and that Sweat's actual measurement is about 1.5 centimeters...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... eart-issue

Rat

Reaction score
Ugh, I doubt he falls to 21 anymore. I had been really warming up to him too.

I mean, good for Sweat, but he would have been just as healthy if this news had come out tomorrow instead.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
If he loses a pant load of $ as a result of the misdiagnosis, the Dr. involved in the misdiagnosis could find himself litigating in damages action.

I doubt there is much of a chance he falls to the Seahawks anyway.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
I'm curious about the timing of the "2nd Doctors opinion." If I was Montez Sweat's agent, I'd drop this little nugget of information the day of the draft so that no one could refute it. It would be a genius move! :2thumbs:

sdog1981

Reaction score
All information released over the past week is misinformation. Nothing it true until the pick is submitted to the NFL.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
sdog1981 said:
All information released over the past week is misinformation. Nothing it true until the pick is submitted to the NFL.[/quote

I agree you can't trust anything right now.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Can we just avoid anyone with possible health concerns with the first pick this year? Please?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
They said he interviewed awfully. I’m surprised we didn’t pick him though. Pete seems to love guys like this.