PICK 29, 1ST ROUND - LJ COLLIER, DE, TEXAS CHRISTIAN

Sac

Reaction score
Much like opposing offensive tackles this season, I'm significantly underwhelmed. :|

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Projected to go 43 in the second round. Didn’t start until his senior season but does have 16 career sacks in four seasons at TCU. Not a great pick on the surface and I wouldn’t trade Clark for him but maybe we get lucky and find another player buried in the bag of Joe’s John will drag out of this draft.

Jville

Reaction score
Munday Made: How TCU’s L.J. Collier became a top NFL Draft prospect

[urltargetblank]https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article229547464.html[/urltargetblank]

Pete keeps looking for that 3 technique play wrecker. This is a heavy handed inside/outside beast. Clint Hurtt is probably gonna love him.

His comparison on NFL Network was Michael Bennett.

He is a product of Gary Patterson’s staff at TCU .... so that is the connection.

Hachtung

Reaction score
I think this sucks. Should have used the pick on WR Harry or a good CB, OT/ G and could have easily still picked Collier at 37...

Fade

Reaction score
He is a very physical player, a bully, I like it.

He reminds me of James Harrison, but bigger.

He could kick inside on passing downs. Aaron Donald is smaller than him.

He has a quick first step, and great wiggle, but also still plays extremely physical, very powerful.

Interesting pick.

He is like Mike Bennett in that he is an inside/outside player, but I would say he is more physical than Bennett.
Bennett's instincts were off the charts though. I find it hard to compare other players to Bennett.

It's like saying every crafty, undersized WR is the next Steve Largent.

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Hachtung":3m57w21k said:
I think this sucks. Should have used the pick on WR Harry or a good CB, OT/ G and could have easily still picked Collier at 37...

Completely agree .

Chawker

Reaction score
6 sacks in 2018 with 42 total tackles. Didn't score a top perform award at any drills at the combine.

Maybe this was a selection of finances. I'm kind of underwhelmed. :180670:

*** ERROR Collier did score two top performer awards at the combine. As a DT. My bad

Atradees

Reaction score
Jville":2xnam0f4 said:
Munday Made: How TCU’s L.J. Collier became a top NFL Draft prospect

[urltargetblank]https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article229547464.html[/urltargetblank]

Pete keeps looking for that 3 technique play wrecker. This is a heavy handed inside/outside beast. Clint Hurtt is probably gonna love him.

His comparison on NFL Network was Michael Bennett.

He is a product of Gary Patterson’s staff at TCU .... so that is the connection.

“I love that feeling cause I know offensive linemen don’t like to be hit in the mouth over and over,” Collier said. “I love to do that. I love the physicality of it. I love to be in your face the whole game. I’m not a player who is going to say much, but if you say something to me, I’m going to let you know it’s going to be all game."

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Was gonna say this is Bennett like. 34 inch arms on a 6'2 player isn't normal and plays well with his power and center of gravity. Not sure he has the first step that Bennett has, but Bennett wasn't anything to look at combine wise either. Just violent and excellent hand tech.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Fade":15u16je0 said:

He has a quick first step, and great wiggle, but also still plays extremely physical, very powerful.

Interesting pick.

He is like Mike Bennett in that he is an inside/outside player, but I would say he is more physical than Bennett.
Bennett's instincts were off the charts though. I find it hard to compare other players to Bennett.

All the reports I have read say he does not have a quick first step. In fact they said he is slow off the snap but sets the edge against the run really well.

chris98251

Reaction score
Natethegreat":2n0mdrnq said:
Fade":2n0mdrnq said:

Interesting pick.

All the reports I have read say he does not have a quick first step. In fact they said he is slow off the snap but sets the edge against the run really well.

So he is a lot like Red Bryant, I'll take it.

knownone

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":36f4jtfq said:
Smellyman":36f4jtfq said:
Seems like Rasheem Green to me.

Not too exciting

He is very similar we did not get an Edge rusher we passed on Sweat.
How are they similar? Green is a much better athlete and his biggest weakness coming out was his play strength. Collier's greatest attribute seems to be his play strength and power.

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2rcr3giq said:
Natethegreat":2rcr3giq said:
Fade":2rcr3giq said:

Interesting pick.

Just another lackluster first round with a bunch of trade backs to get a bag of middle round picks and were so close to winning another Super Bowl because of that strategy right.

chris98251

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":2nsevpfr said:
chris98251":2nsevpfr said:
Natethegreat":2nsevpfr said:
Fade":2nsevpfr said:

Interesting pick.

Just another lackluster first round with a bunch of trade backs to get a bag of middle round picks and were so close to winning another Super Bowl because of that strategy right.

Yeah I watch the Patriots move up to the top ten every year for sexy picks and have to agree, we could have been a contender.

LTH

Reaction score
Its really hard to judge PC, JS picks early... the national media has embarrassed them selves quite severally in the past Russell Wilson they didnt think he was a good pick... the list is endless... i just think the Hawks have a different criteria and they judge their players differently... so i have no idea we will see how LJ shakes out ..

LTH68