Four Huskies Taken in First Two Rounds

Allweatherfan

Reaction score
With all of that talent and such a great coach. I'm a bit shocked they didn't do better last season.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Allweatherfan":2m44phab said:
With all of that talent and such a great coach. I'm a bit shocked they didn't do better last season.

We did win the Pac-12 title if you remember.

We all know you are a whoregon fan and are just here to throw shade on the Huskies but I'll play. The Huskies were a bit of a disappointment last season but many of the things that last season's potential success was based on evaporated pretty quickly when we lost Trey Adams, Hunter Bryant, and Chico McClatcher.

As for our great coach, Chris Petersen is a great program and player development coach but he is NOT a great game-day coach as I have mentioned several times. You can always count on him to make at least one blunder in a game. Often this results in a decision that costs us the game as in:

1. Auburn: we are marching down the field at the end of the game, Jake is making the passes and THEN they call a run up the middle, something we haven't been able to all day, it goes for nothing. Second down what do they do? Same thing with the exact same result, Third down, now we are in another predicament that hasn't worked all day and their really good d-line tees off for a sack ending whatever chance we had. Yes, I know, Bush Hamden called those plays but CP could have overruled.

2. Cal game: we are up 7-6, we aren't doing much on offense but neither are they, it is a classic defensive battle because Cal has a really good defense too. CP get frustrated and brings in the our backup (Haener) when we are backed up on our own 10-yard line. Really? He throws a pick-six and that's enough to win the game.

3. Oregon game: we are on your 21 yd line with 35 seconds left and two timeouts. Instead of trying to get a TD or even just a few more yds CP lets the clock run down and Peyton Henry, a kicker the coach has shown no faith in AND has missed 3 of his last 4 kicks, predictably misses the kick.

chris98251

Reaction score
DomeHawk":3n0bq2la said:
Allweatherfan":3n0bq2la said:

We all know you are a whoregon fan and are just here to throw shade on the Huskies but I'll play. The Huskies were a bit of a disappointment last season but many of the things that last season's potential success was based on evaporated pretty quickly when we lost Trey Adams, Hunter Bryant, and Chico McClatcher.

As for our great coach, Chris Petersen is a great program and player development coach but he is NOT a great game-day coach as I have mentioned several times. You can always count on him to make at least one blunder in a game. Often this results in a decision that costs us the game as in:

1. Auburn: we are marching down the field at the end of the game, Jake is making the passes and THEN they call a run up the middle, something we haven't been able to all day, it goes for nothing. Second down what do they do? Same thing with the exact same result, Third down, now we are in another predicament that hasn't worked all day and their really good d-line tees off for a sack ending whatever chance we had. Yes, I know, Bush Hamden called those plays but CP could have overruled.

2. Cal game: we are up 7-6, we aren't doing much on offense but neither are they, it is a classic defensive battle because Cal has a really good defense too. CP get frustrated and brings in the our backup (Haener) when we are backed up on our own 10-yard line. Really? He throws a pick-six and that's enough to win the game.

3. Oregon game: we are on your 21 yd line with 35 seconds left and two timeouts. Instead of trying to get a TD or even just a few more yds CP lets the clock run down and Peyton Henry, a kicker the coach has shown no faith in AND has missed 3 of his last 4 kicks, predictably misses the kick.

So a lot like Pete :)

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

chris98251":lb44iyqj said:
DomeHawk":lb44iyqj said:
Allweatherfan":lb44iyqj said:

So a lot like Pete :)

It sure feels that way at times.

Allweatherfan

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1nrc27yo said:
Allweatherfan":1nrc27yo said:

I make no excuses for our losses. I think its awesome that we did so well with our subpar players and a first year coach.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Allweatherfan":1bflgfj1 said:
DomeHawk":1bflgfj1 said:
Allweatherfan":1bflgfj1 said:

I make no excuses for our losses. I think its awesome that we did so well with our subpar players and a first year coach.

Lol, whatever you say J.