Future Trippin' Fall cutdowns

ivotuk

Reaction score
John Schneider said another part of the season is the cut down to 53, when other teams have to cut good players.

I think we still need some DE/DT help, and hope that there is a good DE that we missed on in the draft, that someone else cuts. Problem is, the guys I liked got drafted in the 3rd round, and I'm not sure any of them will get cut.

Any favorites you're hoping for?

D

DomeHawk

ivotuk":65nl420l said:
John Schneider said another part of the season is the cut down to 53, when other teams have to cut good players.

I think we still need some DE/DT help, and hope that there is a good DE that we missed on in the draft, that someone else cuts. Problem is, the guys I liked got drafted in the 3rd round, and I'm not sure any of them will get cut.

A proven possession receiver.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
DomeHawk":3jxpjin7 said:
ivotuk":3jxpjin7 said:

LOL. Way to put yourself out there. Domehawk with the cerebral response :p

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
“We talk about those phases of free agency,” Schneider said after the draft. “There’s basically like three or four different phases, and we’re basically now heading into phase three.” [With the Ansah and others signing]

D

DomeHawk

ivotuk":2cavlw4r said:
DomeHawk":2cavlw4r said:
ivotuk":2cavlw4r said:

LOL. Way to put yourself out there. Domehawk with the cerebral response :p

Yeah, I am letting my wishful thinking betray me, wanted N'Keal Harry bad.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2kz5oi3z said:

There is going to be 4-5 N'Keal Harry type prospects in 2020. If one of the host of 'other' WRs don't pan out this year, we'll have opportunity to get one next year.

Harry probably will have a very good career. I don't think he'd have the same career here that he will in NE. I suspect we'll still be in the market for a WR in next years' draft, as it looks exceptional.

D

DomeHawk

Attyla the Hawk":11rq8x8p said:
DomeHawk":11rq8x8p said:

There is going to be 4-5 N'Keal Harry type prospects in 2020. If one of the host of 'other' WRs don't pan out this year, we'll have opportunity to get one next year.

Harry probably will have a very good career. I don't think he'd have the same career here that he will in NE. I suspect we'll still be in the market for a WR in next years' draft, as it looks exceptional.

I think there is a very good reason that he (Harry) is the 1st WR Belichick has ever taken in the 1st round. He fits the march-down-the-field possession receiver that Belichick has used to be the most successful coach/franchise in the history of NFL football. A really good possession receiver is invaluable as Steve Largetr, Baldwin, and a whole host of NFL receivers has proven. It's about converting 1st downs, do that or die.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
As for cutdown options:

Teams in cap trouble:

Bucs

- Gerald McCoy. $0 dead money. 13m cash savings
- Lavonte David. $0 dead, 9.75m savings

Falcons

- Grady Jarrett. 0 dead money and 15m in cap savings.

Steelers

Joe Haden. 1.9m dead. 10m savings

Vikings

Kyle Rudolph. $0 dead. 7.6m savings

All of these teams are within 2m of the cap now. Basically not enough to pay for IR for the upcoming year. These players are all also on the last year of their deals. I'd expect almost all of them to get cut. Jarrett would seem unlikely but Atlanta really has a lot of bad contracts they doled out in the last 18 months. They have very little flexibility unless they cut 2-3 other players and incur some bigger dead money. And they already have almost 5m dead on the books right now.

Other teams not in horrible shape:

Arizona

- DJ Swearinger. 0 dead, 4.4 savings. Team has a whopping 30m dead on books. Just drafted Deionte Thompson as cheap replacement

Rams

- Michael Brockers. 0.75 dead, 10m savings
- Troy Hill. 0 dead, 2m savings

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Taco Charlton everything I see about Dallas has him on the bubble. 24 years old, 1st round pick in 2017

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/ ... id=2557882

Taco Charlton undergoes ankle surgery...Charlton, 24, already was recovering from offseason shoulder surgery.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... e-surgery/

NFL Profile

http://www.nfl.com/player/tacocharlton/2557882/profile

Kerry Hyder Dallas Cowboys, had 8 sacks for Detroit in 2016, injured in 2017, played under Matt Patricia in 2018 in a different defense.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2019/0 ... st-values/

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/ ... id=2543662