Jacob Eason named UW Huskies’ starting quarterback

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
While Eason will occupy the top spot on the depth chart when he makes his much-anticipated Husky debut, Haener won’t be spending all of his time on the sidelines. Petersen said Haener will also play against Eastern Washington because “he should” and “he deserves it.” Asked if Haener would continue to see time throughout the season, Petersen didn’t necessarily rule it out.

“You know us, we take this thing one day, one week at a time,” Petersen said. “We’ve set our plan moving forward and you’re always adapting and adjusting depending on how things go. We’ve got our guy. We’re not having anyone looking over their shoulder but we’ve got a plan for how we’re going to do this. It’s important to have a good thing. You have a plan and you adapt and adjust as the season goes. That’s just how it is.”

https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/c ... 15657.html

D

DomeHawk

I get why CP delayed naming a starting QB, he wanted them to compete. At some point though you have to establish some confidence in the starter and give him the majority of the snaps in practice.

I also get why he thinks he owes a measure of fairness to Haener, he was here first, he practices his butt off, and we need him should Eason go down. But, Haener throws far too many INT's, and that is the bane of every coach.

Eason has the physical tools to be a 1st round NFL selection. You have to go with that upside.

OP
OP
KitsapGuy

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/1165353433420857349[/tweet]

:shock:

D

DomeHawk

What a cry baby!

You really don't want a guy like that on your team.

Don't let the door.......

CPHawk

Reaction score
Yeah I know dome, Eason is far to classy to leave a program if he got beat out.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I don't blame kids for leaving. They get four years and four years only. If they want to go somewhere they will actually get to play, they should.

D

DomeHawk

CPHawk":2kquhlyc said:
Yeah I know dome, Eason is far to classy to leave a program if he got beat out.

Wrong, Eason stayed the season he got beat out.

D

DomeHawk

HawkGA":1e379kz3 said:
I don't blame kids for leaving. They get four years and four years only. If they want to go somewhere they will actually get to play, they should.

I don't blame them either, you only get so many chances, BUT when you do it so suddenly after your comp is given the nod, even when the coach says you will play in the first game, it just comes off as a childish tantrum.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Doesn't staying still cost you a year of eligibility? Plus the year penalty to transfer and all of a sudden the player is down to two years.

dutchcoug

Reaction score
Lake Stevens is the worst, I should know, I lived there for 18 years.

D

DomeHawk

chris98251

Reaction score
In my mind this was bound to happen, Huskies have been winning and getting top QB talent to sign the last couple years, all of them feel they are starters and this generations mentality is a lot more quit and move on then fight and take the spot. Eason may not pan out when it comes to game day, we have seen it before and the back up comes in and wins the spot.

We have a good stable still, but many times these guys move on and will try to latch on somewhere that already has a starter in place also and then their careers end up as non remembered.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
IMO people getting at angry for college players for transferring is the most nonsensical thing in sports people argue against. So you have 4 years to prove yourself and try to make yourself a living off this sport.. and you are supposed to just sit on the sidelines like a good little boy and have "loyalty"?? Heck with that.. if it's me I'm doing everything I can to use those 4 years to scratch and claw my way into showing enough to hopefully one day make in onto an NFL roster.

Transfer.. not transfer, whatever it takes. Unless the college team is going to pay for me to then not play in the NFL cause I did't start in college? Oh what's that you say, they won't?? What happened to loyalty?? Or is that only something players are supposed to do for the team and not vice-versa??