UW vs Cal

D

DomeHawk

This will be a very interesting game, Cal is very underrated with one of the best defenses in the nation led by a secondary that is second to none.. Last year they won with CP inserting a freshman QB with virtually no experience into the game backed up on our own 10 yard line. He throws a pick-6 and that is the story of the game.

I think this will be a real test for Eason in only his second start as a UW starter.

https://www.uwdawgpound.com/2019/9/5/20 ... c-bequette

https://www.californiagoldenblogs.com/2 ... beck-eason

https://www.uwdawgpound.com/2019/9/5/20 ... c-bequette

https://www.californiagoldenblogs.com/2 ... ve-preview

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I think it will be a grind out for 3 quarters with the UW pulling away in the 4th. I think that the UW defense will be good for a score against a underwhelming Cal offense.

A true test though against that Cal defense.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Amazing we just had my nieces birthday party outside in Shoreline nice 60 degree evening, then after it’s over and I get home less than an hour later a downpour and thunder and lighting. UW game in a delay because of lighting. Wierd AF weather.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
10-3 Dawgs at half.

A grind out as expected.

Eason has been careless with the ball a couple of times but the receivers have at least 5 drops.
Outside of a couple of missed tackles the UW defense has been great.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
UW defense forgot how to tackle in the 3rd quarter. Pathetic.
Defensive playcalling got extremely conservative in the 3rd Q as well.
Cal 17 UW 13
This is what happens when you let teams hang around.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
D did their job. Now it's time for the O to finish it. Just don't score too soon. :180670:

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I would have kept that timeout and not iced the kicker, but if he misses or gets blocked I guess it was a good call

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Shit defense, bullshit PI call!

Total team loss. Drops, shitty QB play, shitty playcalling on both sides of the ball, shitty execution, CP getting outcoached.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maulbert":3ukdwhlq said:
Damn. Upset by Cal, 2 years running.
Self inflicted mostly too. Both times.
That’s why you don’t let teams hang around.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Remember when people thought Wilcox couldn't coach in Seattle?

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
I am surprised no one mentioned how stupid it was to be playing a game at midnight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

getnasty

Reaction score
Good thing for UW is that the game finished at 1:30am and NFL starts this morning so most of the world won't even notice Jacob Eason and the Dawgs were terrible last night. Justin Wilcox seems to have UW'S number but maybe Cal is better the advertised, they did have a nice 2nd half comeback win over UC Davis week one.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":1qqvf3nz said:
I am surprised no one mentioned how stupid it was to be playing a game at midnight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I checked the score and saw it was delayed. Then much later that evening I turned on Sling to see if I could watch the game and it was still delayed. Kind of nuts.

drrew

Reaction score
getnasty":2kru73g1 said:
Good thing for UW is that the game finished at 1:30am and NFL starts this morning so most of the world won't even notice Jacob Eason and the Dawgs were terrible last night. Justin Wilcox seems to have UW'S number but maybe Cal is better the advertised, they did have a nice 2nd half comeback win over UC Davis week one.

Jacob Eason was fine, his receivers had NINE drops, and we're not talking difficult catches, every single one should have been caught. If they only catch half of them, his completion % is roughly 70% and he'd have had 250+ yards.

It was an embarrassing performance by some Sr receivers.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Every single year it seems the Huskies lose a home game they shouldn't. At least they got this one out of the way early.