An unbiased list of potential RD-1 or RD-2 draftable CB's

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
NOTE: This post has been deleted 5/22/20, ------- this comes after multiple unprovoked attacks on me by the asshole acer1240. I will never post here again. This site has officially gone to hell & I'll never return.

chris98251

Reaction score
We just don't draft CB's that high, I think it's about second payday and getting value and production early and a prove it type situation.

Look at who would be there from round three onward and that's who we start to look at.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I dunno, they might change up this year. I was thinking of starting a thread on what positions the Hawks need to Target in the draft. The only ones I can really see are OL and DB (mostly safety). So the simple lack of need could push a DB up into the draft plans. I would still think safety is more likely than CB, but CB could work too.

I should add that Dline could be a position of need as just like the Online I think so many bodies are needed it is always good to draft some players there but if theyamage to keep Ziggy and Clowney and resign Reed, they are pretty set there. Heck, Collier is a healthy scratch half the time.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Safety is our biggest need right now. Maybe the young guys improve, but for our D to hum along we need a guy that can take away the deep ball, and also tackle.

OP
OP
CamanoIslandJQ

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
NOTE: This post has been deleted 5/22/20, ------- this comes after multiple unprovoked attacks on me by the asshole acer1240. I will never post here again. This site has officially gone to hell & I'll never return.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
This draft is really quite loaded with CB prospects. Not necessarily guys rated in the top 30 overall either. But there are many quality starters to be had in day two in this group.

The safety class is pretty suck though. In this class, Blair is probably in the top 3 safety prospects. Not a ringing endorsement considering he's been a healthy scratch all year on a team that is frankly not good at safety. So there isn't anything holding him back from a roster/depth standpoint.

Best bet is to fire up a trade for an existing safety in the league.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":1blb7sew said:
This draft is really quite loaded with CB prospects. Not necessarily guys rated in the top 30 overall either. But there are many quality starters to be had in day two in this group.

The safety class is pretty suck though. In this class, Blair is probably in the top 3 safety prospects. Not a ringing endorsement considering he's been a healthy scratch all year on a team that is frankly not good at safety. So there isn't anything holding him back from a roster/depth standpoint.

Best bet is to fire up a trade for an existing safety in the league.

If Jets continue to be awful I would love to get Jamal Adams, especially since he doesn't sound happy to be there anymore. I think at minimum one safety spot and one CB spot need to be upgraded, whether that's Blair stepping in, a trade, or use the army of draft picks on secondary.

OP
OP
CamanoIslandJQ

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score

massari

Reaction score
Paulson Adebo 2nd rd seems nice.

Will there be many OL and pass rushers to choose from in the first couple rounds?

OL, pass rusher and CB with the 1st and two 2nds seems ideal.

getnasty

Reaction score
DE or DT will be our 1st pick if we keep it. There's a potential that Reed, Clowney, Ansah and Jefferson could all leave after the year. You might say it's are biggest need even if they all came back.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
chris98251":mfqev6f9 said:
We just don't draft CB's that high, I think it's about second payday and getting value and production early and a prove it type situation.

Look at who would be there from round three onward and that's who we start to look at.

Passing on first round CB's is not sound drafting there to important in today's NFL.

OP
OP
CamanoIslandJQ

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score

chris98251

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":3499najd said:
I have the feeling that the Seahawks will look at the veteran FA options for the OL (and DL) this year. The reason being that freshly drafted OL guys are tough to come by with many coming from college spread offenses, if they are truly good players, they typically have to be developed over their first couple of years, while veteran FA's can be "plug and play". Plus NFL tape is available to study. If they select OL in the draft, the most likely hole to fill is the replacement of Britt at center, I could see potential for a Rd-2/3/4 selection there. Perhaps Ruiz? Or Hennessy? OG and/or OT could also be a mid to late round option, but for "starters" I'd say ------> spend some of that damned $90-million +/- cap money on the trenches (both OL & DL).

Have to see who is there, but that has been our bread and butter if we need a plug and play guys, Clowney, Iupati, Fluker, going back farther with Avril, Bennett and Clemons. We will draft some guys but use F.A. a lot to plug deficiencies.

OP
OP
CamanoIslandJQ

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score

chris98251

Reaction score
The thing I like about Lenoir-Rhyne is one is he going to be invited to the combine, if not Chris Carson type drop, he at the very least would be a great special teams guy with his speed and size, his upside is a Kam type enforcer, chances are small school he will also drop to the 4th and or 5th round where I would grab him.

Chawker

Reaction score
Jeremy Chinn S S.ILL. 6'3" 208 could be a good mid to late draft pick. I liiked what I seen of him. Just saying.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":34rtxhpe said:
IMO- Bfyce Hall, Paulson Adebo & C J Henderson are all worthy 2-nd round Seahawk picks & IIIRC-Blair was a 2-nd round DB pick last draft, so why not a CB? Hall in particular looks to not be in any top 50 lists and could be available when the Hawks pick in Rd-2, Henderson could go a bit earlier than that and Adebo perhaps slightly later.

With the way JS trades down, he will likely have several picks in the 25-60 area and could very well use a 2-nd on Hall as an outside CB or Henderson as a slot CB, not far behind them is Adebo who could maybe go in Rd-2./3 and all three of these guys have decent stats and would add some very good competition to the defensive backfield.

If it were me doing the drafting, I'd take any of the 3 with Henderson being a bit more of a need at slot CB (he also plays outside), and is a bit more of a "ball hawk", but either of the other two would be fine also. For those saying we don't pick CB's high, would your opinion change if either of the starters were IR'ed? It is predominately a passing league and the CB's are more important than ever in today;s NFL.
I have to agree, Flowers ain't cuttin' it...I like the hell out of the guy, but he was the weakest kink in 2019...time to shift gears, & find a long & lanky Corner to cover opposite of Shaquille.
Offenses picked on Flowers, cause they knew that he couldn't cover without drawing flags.
B-Wags & Wright were forced to abandon the intermediate to try and help him....It was a lose- lose for our Defensive strategies.

getnasty

Reaction score
Between Diggs and Blair i hope were set at Saftey for a couple more years. I don't mind if Mcdougal starts next year but the future is Diggs and Blair. As for CB, Bryce Hall was a 10 ten pick before his injury, seems like a good trade down from 27 pick.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Need DB’s that play the ball from day one.

No more projects.

I want players that will make immediate contributions.
No more “we think this player can help us down the line in a year” types.
Got enough of those already.

Would draft DB’s and DL like there is no tomorrow. Throw them in with the 2019 guys and let em compete.

Pick up a solid RB or 2 as well.

Try to address other team needs thru FA or trades.

Re-Sign Clowney and get him help.