UW vs Oregon

D

DomeHawk

I wish I could say that I am optimistic about this game. I am not. This version of the Huskies seems to get very antsy in tight situations. With so much riding on the game they will need to overcome that. Oregon has the edge in experience and are finally playing good defense. We have home field.

How do we win? With a running game that is capable of getting 1st downs or short 3rd downs. It's going to be wet today and our receivers don't catch the ball well in these conditions, hopefully the same applies to Herbert's receivers.

A win here will do much to salvage the season. In either case it's ALL good,

Because: IT'S GREAT TO BE A HUSKY!!!

JGreen79

Reaction score
As a Duck fan, Herbert's receivers other than Breeland wouldn't catch the ball well if there were glue, Velcro, and magnets involved.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Rooting hard for the Dawgs not just cuz I'm a WA native and I always root for them unless they're playing the Cougs, but because I want to wallow in the tears of the Ducks' homers on the local (Portland) sports radio station down here.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Big game for Oregon and the Pac 10 now with Wisconsin losing. Good time for the Huskies to reestablish themselves as Pac 10 royalty.

One of those games that feels like it could have long reaching impact beyond this season.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
If Pleasant holds on to that little dump off the Dawgs at least get a FG on their first posession. He would've gained 25-30. Little things that don't show up in the box score........

getnasty

Reaction score
Have a little confidence in your team Husky fans.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
inexplicable play calling late in the game for the dogs. jesus. They are trying to coug this

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
^^^^
Hey Huskies:
you've tried that stupid-assed Wildcat direct snap to Pleasant 3 times on 3rd and short and it's failed 3 times. Maybe instead of taking your best back Ahmed (6.6 YPC today!) out of the game on 3rd and short you should actually give him the football?
And why did you take the ball out of your QB's hands when he's nails today? Why not let him throw on 2nd and 2?

Inexplicably poor play calling

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Piss poor play calling late in the game on 3rd and 4th downs for the UW IMHO.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":mqi8mzmk said:
^^^^
Hey Huskies:
you've tried that stupid-assed Wildcat direct snap to Pleasant 3 times on 3rd and short and it's failed 3 times. Maybe instead of taking your best back Ahmed (6.6 YPC today!) out of the game on 3rd and short you should actually give him the football?
And why did you take the ball out of your QB's hands when he's nails today? Why not let him throw on 2nd and 2?

Inexplicably poor play calling
Exactly!

Allweatherfan

Reaction score
Cristobal and the Ducks do it again! It's a great day to be a Duck!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Pleasant is not a starting quality RB in the Pac12, or any major conference.
(At least not yet, maybe with time and reps that changes but you don't rely on him in a 4th down run when he is barely getting 2 yards a carry the rest of the game. The failure to convert was not his fault, but the fault of the coaches putting him in that situation)

Why they decided a wildcat, where there is no threat of a pass at all, is a great idea is baffling.

But they lost the game.

Honestly, the Ducks deserved to win. They went for it on 4th down. That TD was the difference. They played to win.

We kicked a FG inside the 10. We deserved the loss. We played %s, not to win.

Eason was OK today, at least for the first 3 quarters. But that wildcat playcall was stupid. It didn't even have much upside if it worked.

Congratulations Ducks. This wasn't our year anyway. I don't think we have the kind of QB that can carry a team as the kind of team that would be top 20. And our defense is very good but not good enough to win games on its own.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Interested to see if this is the Ducks full recovery and the impact it might have on the conference in the next few years