Jacob Eason is just Jake Browning 2.0.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
He has more arm talent than Browning, but his accuracy and decision making are absolutely abysmal when he faces the slightest pressure.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Browning could run...

This game, however, changed with Utah's open field tackling. They are excellent, limited yards after catch and contact, then squeezed Washington.

Tough transitional year for the Huskies

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3cgik9ld said:
He has more arm talent than Browning, but his accuracy and decision making are absolutely abysmal when he faces the slightest pressure.
Jake Browning with a gun.

getnasty

Reaction score
Who's slated to be the QB next year for UW?

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2b427wuv said:
getnasty":2b427wuv said:
I was wondering the same. Eason could benefit from staying another year but he very likely won't.
It's most likely Sirmon unless Morris has an unbelievable Spring. No way Eason comes back for another year and risks damaging his draft stock even more.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2artkjhu said:
hawksfansinceday1":2artkjhu said:
getnasty":2artkjhu said:
I was wondering the same. Eason could benefit from staying another year but he very likely won't.
It's most likely Sirmon unless Morris has an unbelievable Spring. No way Eason comes back for another year and risks damaging his draft stock even more.
Screw his draft stock

hawkfan68

Reaction score
No. Jake was much smarter than Eason. He just didn't have the arm Eason has. Eason is a mental midget. No pocket awareness and constantly makes bad decisions.

HawkGA

Reaction score
SeatownJay":v6j3eb0c said:
hawksfansinceday1":v6j3eb0c said:
getnasty":v6j3eb0c said:

Are you sure he's not already damaged his draft stock sufficiently enough that up is the only direction he could go if he came back?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawkfan68":m1c6wxgq said:
No. Jake was much smarter than Eason. He just didn't have the arm Eason has. Eason is a mental midget. No pocket awareness and constantly makes bad decisions.
You just described Browning in your last sentence. Both have similar issues in processing pressure, both very slow at it.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
HawkGA":30ghdavw said:
SeatownJay":30ghdavw said:
hawksfansinceday1":30ghdavw said:
getnasty":30ghdavw said:

Are you sure he's not already damaged his draft stock sufficiently enough that up is the only direction he could go if he came back?
Not really. People are going to fall in love with his physical attributes and try to justify his play this year by saying he was playing with a bunch of average linemen and receivers who dropped the ball a lot.

D

DomeHawk

SeatownJay":1i6nplsy said:

Typical knee-jerk response following one bad game where he was actually very good in the first half.

It's what you get here on .NET.

This year is a disappointment but it wasn't exactly unexpected with so many starters leaving. Eason could return for another year. With so many good QB's coming out for the draft this year I think it might be the wise move.

You take the bad with the good.

Because: IT'S GREAT TO BE A HUSKY!!!

chris98251

Reaction score
Draftnics are betting he comes out, Mock I saw seen him going to the Bucs, but your right he should stay one more year.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I keep seeing a team that goes out and plays well until the 3rd and 4th quarter. Conditioning is bad maybe? Tired of Washington looking like the better team until late in the second half.

Chapow

Reaction score
Eason isn't Browning 2.0.

Browning was a considerably better college QB.

Eason is physically gifted, much more so than Browning was, but he consistently makes it very difficult on his receivers with his velocity and ball placement. He has little to no touch. Every throw is a 102 mph fastball. Sooo many of his passes are just a bit too far behind his receivers, or a bit too far out in front, or a bit too high, or a bit too low. I'm not sure I've ever seen a QB that consistently makes it so damn difficult for his receivers.

He's also a complete and utter train wreck in the face of even the slightest pressure and he basically guarantees that he's going to lose an additional 5-10 yards every time he gets sacked with his slow motion spin backwards and to the left move that has literally never escaped a sack, ever.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Chapow":33vv7kfq said:

Eason is physically gifted, much more so than Browning was, but he consistently makes it very difficult on his receivers with his velocity and ball placement. He has little to no touch. Every throw is a 102 mph fastball. Sooo many of his passes are just a bit too far behind his receivers, or a bit too far out in front, or a bit too high, or a bit too low. I'm not sure I've ever seen a QB that consistently makes it so damn difficult for his receivers.

He's also a complete and utter train wreck in the face of even the slightest pressure and he basically guarantees that he's going to lose an additional 5-10 yards every time he gets sacked with his slow motion spin backwards and to the left move that has literally never escaped a sack, ever.
His biggest issue that I see and it’s a big one, is he is really slow at processing pressure, and has poor pocket presence.
The “touch” thing on his passes is also concerning. Jake Locker struggled with that at the UW as well.

If he leaves after this year (which I think he will)
He’ll get over drafted because of his arm and his status out of highschool.

D

DomeHawk

Sports Hernia":3u5qeiy9 said:
Chapow":3u5qeiy9 said:

His biggest issue that I see and it’s a big one, is he is really slow at processing pressure, and has poor pocket presence.
The “touch” thing on his passes is also concerning. Jake Locker struggled with that at the UW as well.

If he leaves after this year (which I think he will)
He’ll get over drafted because of his arm and his status out of highschool.

He may have been over drafted based on his early season performance but he, like Herbert, has slipped.

At this point he may have slipped to the third round and Herbert to the second round.

Eason needs seasoning, if he stays another year he could be a top-5 pick. The difference between a 3rd rd and a top-5 pick is:

#5 pick 2018: 28 million.

#65-75 pick: 4.2 million.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I may have been hasty in comparing him to Browning. Now I think Eason is this year's Josh Allen. Allen is 6'5" 233#, Eason is 6'6" 227#, so they're similarly built with strong arms. Allen's career comp% was 56.2 and Eason's is 59.2. Allen's career y/a was 7.8, Eason's is 7.1. Allen's career TD:Int ratio was 2.1:1, Eason's is 2.3:1. So both of them are imposing physical specimens with the arm strength that make's scouts drool, both of them also only managed to put up average stats in college. Allen ended up being the #7 overall draft pick in 2018 based almost solely on his physical attributes. I think a lot of NFL scouts will view Eason the same way and that even with this average-at-best year he'll still be a 1st round pick in 2020.

getnasty

Reaction score
Eason is overrated dogshit much like the UW program in general.