PAC-12 admits zebra screw up

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Another keystone cops season in the Pac-12.

Cougars take it up the ass 2 years in a row. Last season "officiating" cost the Cougs a New Year's Day bowl because USC beat them which wouldn't have happened without some shithead conference lawyer telling the replay guy how to rule incorrectly and in USC's favor and now this year they get another chance at a win taken away this time by referee incompetence. I'll say it right now, Leach leaves after the season and this will be a large factor though he'll likely not say so. He's not getting a fair shake from the Pac-12 at Wazzu. The conference may well want them "in their place" as an also ran.

Why was this ref only given a one game suspension? Why was he not terminated?

Fire Larry Scott

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1fkzpdo1 said:
Another keystone cops season in the Pac-12.

Cougars take it up the ass 2 years in a row. Last season "officiating" cost the Cougs a New Year's Day bowl because USC beat them which wouldn't have happened without some $h!t conference lawyer telling the replay guy how to rule incorrectly and in USC's favor and now this year they get another chance at a win taken away this time by referee incompetence. I'll say it right now, Leach leaves after the season and this will be a large factor though he'll likely not say so. He's not getting a fair shake from the Pac-12 at Wazzu. The conference may well want them "in their place" as an also ran.

Why was this ref only given a one game suspension? Why was he not terminated?

Fire Larry Scott
Leach is good for WSU and the Pac-12 IMHO. I hope he keeps speaking his mind and stays.
Larry Scott needs to hear about it loudly when his peeps mess up.

D

DomeHawk

Pac-12 refs make around 35K a year. Granted, they only actually work about 12 weekends doing that but there must be some addl time for training, evaluating, etc. but the point is that they don't really make much. So, what does that have to do with their competence? It simply means that the Pac-12 with all the millions of dollars they collect from attendance, tv, royalties, etc, etc. are basically pretty cheap at assigning enough resources to put a better product on the field.

Don't get me wrong, I get just as incensed as anyone but if you want it to be better you have to invest in more training, vetting, and whatever else it takes to create competence.

https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/orego ... ut_th.html