Tua done for the year.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Teams hoping to "tank for Tua" need to come up with a new plan. The Alabama QB suffered a dislocated hip with a fracture, according to reports. Feel bad for the young man.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I heard dislocation. Hadn't heard fracture. Dislocation is what ended Bo Jackson's career.

Puts Burrows at the top of the draft board if he wasn't there already.

HawkGA

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3q47pkq7 said:
I heard dislocation. Hadn't heard fracture. Dislocation is what ended Bo Jackson's career.

Puts Burrows at the top of the draft board if he wasn't there already.

I read Bo also had a fracture. A major bummer for him. Hopefully medicine is better than it was back in Bo's day.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
The main issue that caused Bo's retirement was that, after dislocating his hip and popping it back into place, he waited to go to the hospital and have it examined. Damage to blood vessels after reducing the dislocation caused necrosis which worsened his condition and led to him needing hip replacement.

D

DomeHawk

Always tough to see any player go down with a season-ending injury.

Best wishes to him.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SeatownJay":qm07la8u said:
The main issue that caused Bo's retirement was that, after dislocating his hip and popping it back into place, he waited to go to the hospital and have it examined. Damage to blood vessels after reducing the dislocation caused necrosis which worsened his condition and led to him needing hip replacement.
Thanks for that info. Hope Tua gets top notch care.

Wonder if he comes back to Bama next year after such an injury filled season.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I don't think he will be playing anywhere next year..
Btw on Bo..He actually hurt his hip before and kept playing
on it which led to that needing a hip replacment.
The hip is way more complicated than knee or shoulder.
If it happened once the odds are it's coming out again.

sdog1981

Reaction score
I believe the fall out from this will be more and more player just playing two full seasons then calling it quits. The number of players that opt-out of a bowl game will also be very interesting to watch this season.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
It was a very unfortunate injury. Kind of a freak thing. You don't hear of too many hip injuries like that. You see a lot of knee injuries but not a lot of bad hip injuries. The argument that he should have been pulled before I don't think is valid. Because he can get hurt on the first play of the game. It was just a freak accident injury. The way he got tackled and the way the weight of the player came down on him and how it trapped his leg and transferred all the weight and force into his hip is somewhat random and a freak type of injury. It would be hard to duplicate it again. It's just unfortunate for him. I hope he will get better. You never want to see guys get hurt.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":2egykge6 said:
It was a very unfortunate injury. Kind of a freak thing. You don't hear of too many hip injuries like that. You see a lot of knee injuries but not a lot of bad hip injuries. The argument that he should have been pulled before I don't think is valid. Because he can get hurt on the first play of the game. It was just a freak accident injury. The way he got tackled and the way the weight of the player came down on him and how it trapped his leg and transferred all the weight and force into his hip is somewhat random and a freak type of injury. It would be hard to duplicate it again. It's just unfortunate for him. I hope he will get better. You never want to see guys get hurt.
I agree it can happen anytime anywhere in any game ..In NFL especially.
I think he will be normal besides football..You can't risk that coming out again
which experts say is likely to happen again.
I don't care how high tech anything is ..A socket injury of any kind is horrible.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Can someone explain why everyone thinks this guy is the Second Coming?

I mean, he's good. Joe Burrow is good. Herbert is good. But what exactly is Tua's "it factor"? What NFL player would you liken him toward?

HawkGA

Reaction score
Tua has good accuracy and had a heck of an introduction.

That said, and as an Alabama fan, he strikes me as a bit of a front runner. By that I mean he absolutely feasts on bad teams but then comes down quite a bit from that lofty status when the level of competition goes up.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":2yk9lwem said:
Tua has good accuracy and had a heck of an introduction.

That said, and as an Alabama fan, he strikes me as a bit of a front runner. By that I mean he absolutely feasts on bad teams but then comes down quite a bit from that lofty status when the level of competition goes up.

One thing I've heard is that Crimson Tide's such a good team in general that it might cloak tendencies that'd be more obvious in adversity. He's been very good from what I've seen, but hey, I thought Goff looked good too at Cal. And I haven't seen much admittedly, because when I've tuned in was when the guy got hurt.

What style of QB is he, or IOW who does he remind you of?

HawkGA

Reaction score
Cowherd compares him to Wilson. I don't know how fair that is. I don't think he's as mobile as Wilson was in his early years. He's got some movement ability, but where the comp probably comes in most is he throws a pretty good deep ball.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
IndyHawk":l16o0h3p said:
SanDiego49er":l16o0h3p said:
I agree it can happen anytime anywhere in any game ..In NFL especially.
I think he will be normal besides football..You can't risk that coming out again
which experts say is likely to happen again.
I don't care how high tech anything is ..A socket injury of any kind is horrible.

I agree it's a really, really bad injury. Especially for a young and somewhat mobile QB. He is not the fastest and most mobile guy ever. But mobility is part of his game and he is good at it. It can potentially be career altering. I don't know of it is career ending. But it may well be career altering at least. That's very unfortunate for him. You never want to see that happen to anybody.