Oregon St. v. Wazzu Saturday will be for a Bowl game

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Must have 6 wins to be bowl eligible and each team is sitting at 5-5 and both are extremely likely to lose their last game, Wazzu to the Huskies (like Leach could ever beat Peterson LOL) and the Beavs to the Ducks (Beavs will keep it interesting for a while but Ducks will pull away as it goes on imo). So, their game in Pullman Saturday looks to be a playoff for bowl eligibility. Beavs have really had an amazing turnaround under Jonathon Smith. I'm rooting for the Cougs but won't be terribly bummed if OSU wins.

Sadly the game is going to be on Pac-12 Network (6:00 PM) so that'll limit viewership.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2i144k53 said:
Must have 6 wins to be bowl eligible and each team is sitting at 5-5 and both are extremely likely to lose their last game, Wazzu to the Huskies (like Leach could ever beat Peterson LOL) and the Beavs to the Ducks (Beavs will keep it interesting for a while but Ducks will pull away as it goes on imo). So, their game in Pullman Saturday looks to be a playoff for bowl eligibility. Beavs have really had an amazing turnaround under Jonathon Smith. I'm rooting for the Cougs but won't be terribly bummed if OSU wins.

Sadly the game is going to be on Pac-12 Network (6:00 PM) so that'll limit viewership.

I agree with you on the Pac network. Prefer to watch some of these games but am not gonna pay for it. Did not make it up to the Colorado game so ate the ticket. Go Zoo.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
NOTE: This post has been deleted 5/22/20, ------- this comes after multiple unprovoked attacks on me by the asshole acer1240. I will never post here again. This site has officially gone to hell & I'll never return.

olyfan63

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3n0vap3z said:
Must have 6 wins to be bowl eligible and each team is sitting at 5-5 and both are extremely likely to lose their last game, Wazzu to the Huskies (like Leach could ever beat Peterson LOL)
-snip-

Yeah, it feels like that, but I have no doubt Leach could and would beat Peterson like a drum (2 out of 3 times) if Leach could recruit defensive players. Damn those WSU offenses are amazing to watch, especially the last 2 QBs. WSU beats Oregon, Oregon beats UW, UW beats WSU. The pattern of the last few years, not necessarily this year.

WSU can't seem to recruit big enough and athletic enough DL to stop UW and the overall superior athletes UW recruits from running right over them. And UW knows they have superior athletes and routinely game plan to exploit that, and routinely do. Typically just run right over that undermanned Coug D.

Last year was the first time in a while WSU had a legit shot, but not in that snowy weather and poor footing that grounded the Air Raid. Not saying WSU would have won, just that fans were cheated out of what could have been a close and entertaining Apple Cup.

This year, the physical talent gap is even wider, for the WSU defense. It would take a miracle and multiple UW turnovers for the Cougs to have any real chance.

So the Cougars bowl game is OSU this week. Whatever else, WSU football under Mike Leach is nearly always exciting to watch.

olyfan63

Reaction score
WSU 54 OSU 53, WSU wins with a 2-yard TD run on the final play of the game as the clock runs out. OK, so technically there were 2 seconds left.

One thing about the Cougars, they tend to have more exciting, drama-filled games than any team other than our own Seahawks. From a 10-point 4th quarter lead, to an 11-point 4th quarter deficit, and then a 12-point comeback in the last 2 minutes to win by 1 point on the last play of the game. Wowza!!