I would love to get Clyde Edwards-Helaire

ivotuk

Reaction score
This kid is a dynamo! He kicked Alabama's ass and he has power too. If you've never seen him play, do yourself a favor and check out his highlights from the Alabama game alone...

I think he could be the next Darren Sproles.

Check out the Touchdown at 2:25

[youtube]HkzAkvhvpQU[/youtube]

BATON ROUGE, Louisiana — LSU football boasts one of the most explosive offenses in all of college football this season.

Much of the spark comes from Tiger quarterback Joe Burrow, but don't overlook LSU's running game, led by tailback Clyde Edwards-Helaire.

Here is some basic information about the junior running back:

Height: Five feet eight inches
Weight: 209 pounds

https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/spo ... 991900002/

22 Clyde Edwards-Helaire

https://lsusports.net/sports/football/r ... aire/20233

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
LSU RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire is fueled by those who said he was too small

Clyde Edwards-Helaire chats with Marcus Spears, Greg McElroy and Alyssa Lang about LSU's big win against Alabama, the inspirational words his father has given him, and what kind of teammate Joe Burrow is.

[youtube]bMZwGRErLro[/youtube]

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
IIRC, he's slated to go later in the draft. I'd definitely spend a 4th, and if he continues to excel like this, a 3rd, maybe a 2nd.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Been watching him for awhile. He is a great fit for what Seattle likes.

Very physical. Much like Carson, he doesn't go out of bounds. He is almost always falling forward for extra yardage. Tough runner.

Has a lot of phone booth elusiveness. Very tough runner in between the tackles. Has a lot of sudden elusiveness in cramped space.

Wide base. More quick than fast. Powerful. I think he's going to have to amend his propensity for spin moves out in space. Professional defenders won't be as easily fooled by that CMike move. He leans on that much more than Carson and his hurdling. Also doesn't seem to be a patient rusher as Carson is. More decisive, but cuts both ways as he doesn't always allow the blocking to develop, and doesn't appear to be as savvy as setting up his blockers in front of him either. On screens, he'll outrun his blocking and into tacklers needlessly on occasion with no backside pursuit threatening. Just a few examples of a nervous/impatient style of his I noticed. Something that can be learned. Just hasn't yet.

I see him as having a ton of value as a three down back, who can reliably get the positive runs, but not necessarily the explosive ones. Seems very quick and sharp as a route runner who presents an almost automatic win matchup in the passing game. Very good plus hands -- turns them appropriately and naturally based on ball delivery and visibly trusts his hands. Attacking the ball in the air with confidence away from his frame. Doesn't have Carson's length to snare bad balls. But better than Carson at running routes/getting open in between the hashes. Would be deadly on wheel routes/safety valve crossers over the middle. Could be reliably motioned to the slot and used much the way James White is used in NE.

A very worthy 2nd day selection who likely could be a feature back out of the box. Like him considerably more than I liked Royce Freeman who I harbored hopes Seattle would take on day two in 2018, and a shade less than Josh Jacobs this year. Should have little in the way of wear.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
" On screens, he'll outrun his blocking and into tacklers needlessly on occasion with no backside pursuit threatening"

I saw that and laughed. He seemed excitable, running up the backs of his blockers. I would love to see him here, and think by the time the draft rolls around, there would be a spot for him. I hope.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
6 carries --- 188 rush yards!

3 touchdowns@Clydro_22 averaged 31.3 yards per carry vs. Arkansas
- the most by any player in a game this season

Stock Up

Clyde Edwards-Helaire, LSU

Edwards-Helaire is undersized by NFL standards at 5-foot-8 but he produces every single week. His latest output included three touchdowns on six carries against Arkansas. There are traits that will impress talent evaluators. On these runs, fans will notice his patience, jump cut ability and explosion. When he gets in the open field, he breaks down his footwork which forces the linebacker to commit and Edwards-Helaire bursts in the opposite direction.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SECNetwork/status/1198669057651859457[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/LSUfootball/status/1198309827094515712?s=20[/tweet]

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/new ... arterback/

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
They like 5-10/6-0 in height, around 220lbs in weight with explosive traits.

For that reason, they might not be interested in the two players I’m going to write about today.

Nevertheless, I’m writing about them anyway. Because they’re really good.

I think Clyde Edwards-Helaire might be the best running back in the class. I believe he and Anthony McFarland are among the top-50 players in terms of pure talent.

I don’t think I’ve seen a runner take it to Alabama like he did in 2019 and he energised the LSU sideline in numerous games with his running style.

Importantly for the Seahawks he shows excellent ball security. He didn’t have a single fumble in his three years in college. He provides special teams value and played as a kick returner throughout his time at LSU.

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Good eye ivo. He is a difference maker. I happen to like his size. Those guys are harder to get a good hit on, especially with the lateral quickness of foot he has. I agree, looks like he'd be a very good fit for us.

We have a guy here at Kansas, Pooka Williams, that is an exceptional talent and fits that same physical description. He'll be a senior this year. Had he played with a good O Line no telling what he might have done, but Heisman candidate doesn't seem far fetched. He's a guy to keep an eye on next year. Guessing he might last into a later round just because no one pays any attention to KU football these days.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Appyhawk":132pd5zq said:
Good eye ivo. He is a difference maker. I happen to like his size. Those guys are harder to get a good hit on, especially with the lateral quickness of foot he has. I agree, looks like he'd be a very good fit for us.

We have a guy here at Kansas, Pooka Williams, that is an exceptional talent and fits that same physical description. He'll be a senior this year. Had he played with a good O Line no telling what he might have done, but Heisman candidate doesn't seem far fetched. He's a guy to keep an eye on next year. Guessing he might last into a later round just because no one pays any attention to KU football these days.

TY for the heads up. I'm looking forward to checking him out :)