Utes are 5th in penultimate CFP rankings.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
DomeHawk":3gespe7c said:
Maulbert":3gespe7c said:
https://www.espn.com/college-footba.../utah-no-5-ahead-oklahoma-latest-cfp-rankings

If Utah can drub Oregon and LSU knocks off Georgia, they've got a real shot. Hopefully, Oklahoma struggles with Baylor. That could help, too.

ESPN's Paul Finebaum made a comment this morning: "and who in the country wants Utah in anyway," That guy's a real a-hole.
I'm hearing a lot of national people saying they'd prefer Utah over Oklahoma because they think the Utes D could at least keep them in the game vs. Ohio St. or LSU and with Oklahoma it'd be just another "flag football" game where the Buckeyes or Tigers would put up around 50+ and the Sooners would get beat by 20+. I heard a couple guys say "we've seen this movie before with Oklahoma".

I don't know if Utah's D is good enough to keep them in the game, but the "same old movie" comment is spot on. I'd just like to see Utah to see someone else in the #4 seed besides Oklahoma who I believe are like 0-5 in the playoffs.

Oh one other thing, screw Finebaum. He's the Skip Bayless of college football in his fellating of the SEC.