Who's in - Who's out

D

DomeHawk

Coming down to wire:

Teams in

LSU

Ohio St.

Clemson

These three are in no matter what - next?

Georgia: They are in provided they either beat LSU, or some combination of Utah, Oklahoma, and Baylor losing (edit). Of course there are a number of scenarios where if either of those three win big they could leapfrog the Bulldogs with a possible loss to LSU.

Utah: a Georgia loss could get them in but some are saying it has to be convincing. I don't buy that, they are the most complete team of the three behind Georgia.

Oklahoma: They get more press than Utah with Jalen Hurts and company being closer to the east coast media machine BUT Oklahoma is NOT a complete team and most of their games are boat races.

Baylor: They are two spots down from Utah at #7 but at least they have a defense.

In my opinion Utah should be in with a win over Oregon.

Go Utes!!!

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/06/us/colle ... index.html

Maulbert

Reaction score
DomeHawk":3m5k5wb9 said:
Coming down to wire:

Teams in

LSU

Ohio St.

Clemson

Georgia: They are in provided they either beat LSU, or Utah, Oklahoma, and Baylor all lose. Of course there are a number of scenarios where if either of those three win big they could leapfrog the Bulldogs with a possible loss to LSU.

Utah: a Georgia loss could get them in but some are saying it has to be convincing. I don't buy that, they are th³e most complete team of the three behind Georgia.

Oklahoma: They get more press than Utah with Jalen Hurts and company being closer to the east coast media machine BUT Oklahoma is NOT a complete team and most of their games are boat races.

Baylor: They are two spots down from Utah at #7 but at least they have a defense.

Go Utes!!!

Oklahoma and Baylor can't both lose. If Georgia and Utah both lose, the Big XII winner is in, no matter what.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Maulbert":11kn8z90 said:
DomeHawk":11kn8z90 said:
Coming down to wire:

Teams in

LSU

Ohio St.

Clemson

Georgia: They are in provided they either beat LSU, or Utah, Oklahoma, and Baylor all lose. Of course there are a number of scenarios where if either of those three win big they could leapfrog the Bulldogs with a possible loss to LSU.

Utah: a Georgia loss could get them in but some are saying it has to be convincing. I don't buy that, they are th³e most complete team of the three behind Georgia.

Go Utes!!!

Oklahoma and Baylor can't both lose. If Georgia and Utah both lose, the Big XII winner is in, no matter what.

Right, not paying attention.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I can't think of a year where being the #1 seed versus the #2 seed has been more important. Get the #1 seed and it's a pretty weak #4 team. Get the #2 seed and you get Clemson. Ouch.

Maulbert

Reaction score
HawkGA":23yer45g said:
I can't think of a year where being the #1 seed versus the #2 seed has been more important. Get the #1 seed and it's a pretty weak #4 team. Get the #2 seed and you get Clemson. Ouch.

There's no denying Clemson had an easy schedule, that's not all their fault. But there is no way I believe they are only the 3rd best team in the country.

getnasty

Reaction score
I'm gonna say Georgia pulls off the upset and your end up with OSU, Clemson, Georgia and LSU.

getnasty

Reaction score
4 teams is just stupid! I don't know what the answer is but had i'm ready to go to 8 if not 16. Get rid of 2 of the fluff games add two more weeks to the playoffs and your good.

Threedee

Reaction score
getnasty":3m6zz0w8 said:
4 teams is just stupid! I don't know what the answer is but had i'm ready to go to 8 if not 16. Get rid of 2 of the fluff games add two more weeks to the playoffs and your good.

5 automatic conference champions, with three additional participants selected by the committee. Match-ups still determined by rankings.

In the event of conference realignments, the committee would have discretion to arrange things differently until new policies can be established.

HawkGA

Reaction score
This season there are three deserving teams. For lots of seasons there are 2. Moving to 8 teams won't be an improvement.

Threedee

Reaction score
HawkGA":1yi9ayfb said:
This season there are three deserving teams. For lots of seasons there are 2. Moving to 8 teams won't be an improvement.

This is about giving fans what they want. It would be interesting to see if giving more teams an opportunity to recruit as possible playoff contenders worked toward improved parity.

getnasty

Reaction score
HawkGA":3o01ugpe said:

Yeah there are about 5 teams that are deserving in the NFL but they end up sending 12 and that seems to work just fine. Whats the down side of expending?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
getnasty":rlivqh6r said:
HawkGA":rlivqh6r said:

Yeah there are about 5 teams that are deserving in the NFL but they end up sending 12 and that seems to work just fine. Whats the down side of expending?
Particularly since your fav conference would nearly always get 2 teams HawkGA.

Chapow

Reaction score
Looking pretty clear now with Utah losing, Oklahoma beating Baylor, and LSU up by 14 at the half against a Georgia team that can't do anything on offense.

Ohio St, LSU, Clemson, and Oklahoma.

Oklahoma is gonna get smoked by any of those teams. The other semifinal should be a great game.

I'd love to see Ohio St vs LSU for the championship, just because I feel like that would be the most entertaining game.

HawkGA

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1g54kbez said:
getnasty":1g54kbez said:
HawkGA":1g54kbez said:

Just two? Oh come now. With 3 at-large bids I would think they would get at least 3. :twisted:

getnasty

Reaction score
HawkGA":r43kmabc said:
hawksfansinceday1":r43kmabc said:
getnasty":r43kmabc said:
HawkGA":r43kmabc said:

Just two? Oh come now. With 3 at-large bids I would think they would get at least 3. :twisted:

As they should, i hate the Sec but they probably have 4 of the top 8 teams in the country.

justafan

Reaction score
Im fine with four teams. The unique thing about college football is every week really is a championship week. Every team in the top conferences have had a whole season to earn a playoff berth. I dont need to see Memphis play Ohio state. Or Baylor play LSU.

What I would like to see is 5 play 6,7 play 8 and 9 play 10 and so on but Utah will get some 3rd rate team in some scrub bowl. Let them play an Alabama or Penn State. Let Oregon play Georgia or Florida. See where the they stack up.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

You know the funny part of this is that we went away from the "subjective" rankings that determined NC's before the playoff system and we're still right there.

.....the more things change, the more they stay the same