Pac 12 Bowl Games

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Now that we know Oregon is going to the Rose Bowl, the rest of the Pac 12 bowl slots should be pretty easy to figure out. If Utah gets an at-large bid to the Cotton Bowl, then USC goes to the Alamo, Washington to the Holiday, Cal to the RedBox, Arizona State to the Sun, and Wazzu to the Las Vegas. The Pac 12 won't be able to fill their slot in the Cheez-It Bowl.

If Utah doesn't get the at large bid then they go to the Alamo and USC goes to the Holiday. I've heard rumors that the RedBox is going to take Cal regardless, which would drop Washington the Sun, Arizona State to the Las Vegas, and Wazzu to the Cheez-It.

Threedee

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3vg7wnh8 said:
Now that we know Oregon is going to the Rose Bowl, the rest of the Pac 12 bowl slots should be pretty easy to figure out. If Utah gets an at-large bid to the Cotton Bowl, then USC goes to the Alamo, Washington to the Holiday, Cal to the RedBox, Arizona State to the Sun, and Wazzu to the Las Vegas. The Pac 12 won't be able to fill their slot in the Cheez-It Bowl.

If Utah doesn't get the at large bid then they go to the Alamo and USC goes to the Holiday. I've heard rumors that the RedBox is going to take Cal regardless, which would drop Washington the Sun, Arizona State to the Las Vegas, and Wazzu to the Cheez-It.

As one of the original five bowls, they really should get the Sun back onto the New Year's schedule. It's one thing to pretend that the puny bowls have any meaning, but, an original bowl game should be given proper consideration.

dutchcoug

Reaction score
Living in AZ, I’m totally cool with Cheez-It Bowl. I feel bad for UW, El Paso is a crap whole.

Threedee

Reaction score
dutchcoug":14w6zbu3 said:
Living in AZ, I’m totally cool with Cheez-It Bowl. I feel bad for UW, El Paso is a crap whole.

Well, I would think having the Fiesta Bowl there would be pretty cool, too.

I wonder if they would ever let Seattle host a technology-themed bowl game. They could even persue the trademark rights to call it the Techmo Bowl.

dutchcoug

Reaction score
Threedee":2npzde3d said:
dutchcoug":2npzde3d said:

I wonder if they would ever let Seattle host a technology-themed bowl game. They could even persue the trademark rights to call it the Techmo Bowl.

Outdoor stadium in crappy weather, not likely.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Threedee":205b24bo said:
dutchcoug":205b24bo said:

Seattle did host a bowl game in 2001-02 when the Oahu Bowl relocated. It was discontinued because of money issues.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Bowl

Threedee

Reaction score
dutchcoug":3eazb8zw said:
Threedee":3eazb8zw said:
dutchcoug":3eazb8zw said:

Well, NYC has the Pinstripe Bowl.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Threedee":3ebtwmdd said:
dutchcoug":3ebtwmdd said:
Threedee":3ebtwmdd said:
dutchcoug":3ebtwmdd said:

Well, NYC has the Pinstripe Bowl.
Famous Potato Bowl in Boise

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Saw a rumor last night that the Pac 12 will try to put Washington in the Las Vegas Bowl so Petersen's last game will be against Boise State.

HawkGA

Reaction score
dutchcoug":29vhkt7m said:
Threedee":29vhkt7m said:
dutchcoug":29vhkt7m said:

Yankee Stadium hosts a bowl game.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Here's the official Pac 12 Bowl lineup.

Dec. 21: Las Vegas Bowl, Washington vs. Boise State
Dec. 27: Holiday Bowl, USC vs. Iowa
Dec. 27: Cheez-It Bowl, Washington State vs. Air Force
Dec. 30: RedBox Bowl, Cal vs. Illinois
Dec. 31: Sun Bowl, Arizona State vs. Florida State
Dec. 31: Alamo Bowl, Utah vs. Texas
Jan. 1: Rose Bowl, Oregon vs. Wisconsin

D

DomeHawk

SeatownJay":141f6u8h said:
Here's the official Pac 12 Bowl lineup.

Dec. 21: Las Vegas Bowl, Washington vs. Boise State
Dec. 27: Holiday Bowl, USC vs. Iowa
Dec. 27: Cheez-It Bowl, Washington State vs. Air Force
Dec. 30: RedBox Bowl, Cal vs. Illinois
Dec. 31: Sun Bowl, Arizona State vs. Florida State
Dec. 31: Alamo Bowl, Utah vs. Texas
Jan. 1: Rose Bowl, Oregon vs. Wisconsin

I am working in SF on those dates so it's just a hop-skip-dance away.

Problem is, I no longer find Vegas entertaining.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Love that C-Pete goes out against his former school. Good drama. Now about winning........will not be easy. They really should as they have the better athletes.

AF feels like a bad matchup for Wazzu. They'll hold the ball for large chunks of time against that shitty Coug D running the triple option thus limiting the Cougs' offensive chances. If WSU makes the most of their possessions they'll win. If not...........

HawkGA

Reaction score
Excited for the USAFA-Wazzu matchup. My brother went to the USAFA so it will be fun to watch them play the Cougs.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Threedee":3oxssvwq said:
dutchcoug":3oxssvwq said:

Koei Tecmo would probably sue them.