Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jacob Eason

Discuss your thoughts about anything College Football or NFL draft. Recruiting, Projections, and Mock drafts, Etc. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Jacob Eason
Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:14 pm

Re: Jacob Eason
Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:06 pm

Re: Jacob Eason
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:14 am

Re: Jacob Eason
Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:59 pm
  • I think many believe he will go if he gets some positive feedback from NFL teams but in my opinion he should consider coming back and strengthening his position for next year's draft. He could get an insurance policy that would cover his a$$.

    My sources tell me he is being very tight-lipped about the situation and everyone is respecting that.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6516
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


Re: Jacob Eason
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:07 pm
  • I don't think he is a top 10 pick right now. If he returns and makes big strides here could be a top 3 pick. Not sure how many millions that is but getting a 1 year jump on FA could be 30+ million lost if he's an actual NFL starter.
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner
     
    Posts: 4942
    Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:38 am
    Location: Renton, WA


Re: Jacob Eason
Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:47 am
  • KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 7219
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


Re: Jacob Eason
Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:17 am
  • Wenhawk wrote:I don't think he is a top 10 pick right now. If he returns and makes big strides here could be a top 3 pick. Not sure how many millions that is but getting a 1 year jump on FA could be 30+ million lost if he's an actual NFL starter.


    He's definitely not a top-10 and as I noted in the OP, no one is even listing him as a 1st rounder. I am guessing that a lot of interest in him as a 1st rounder is what he was looking for.

    Salvon should stay too, running backs of his size are not highly valued these days and he could find himself far down in the rounds.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6516
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


Re: Jacob Eason
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:41 pm
  • Eason definitely needs to stay. If he goes this year, he could have a Marc Sanchez type flame out to his career.

    Or, he could get drafted late, barely make a roster, rarely play, if at all, then unceremoniously fall out of the league.

    He needs a full year of good to great college football play, so that he can show the NFL that he deserves to play.

    Look at all those so-so QBs out of Oklahoma state, Alabama, etc, etc that were drafted in the mid to late rounds and never went anywhere. If you can even remember who they were.
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 20504
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


Re: Jacob Eason
Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:43 am
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    Wenhawk wrote:I don't think he is a top 10 pick right now. If he returns and makes big strides here could be a top 3 pick. Not sure how many millions that is but getting a 1 year jump on FA could be 30+ million lost if he's an actual NFL starter.


    He's definitely not a top-10 and as I noted in the OP, no one is even listing him as a 1st rounder. I am guessing that a lot of interest in him as a 1st rounder is what he was looking for.

    Salvon should stay too, running backs of his size are not highly valued these days and he could find himself far down in the rounds.


    Curious on your RB comment. Don't know these players from Adam, but I have a general rule that RBs should come out as soon as they are viable. Too much wear and tear on the body when the play and the more they play for free, the less they'll get paid to play. You even say backs of his size aren't valued very highly, is that likely to change next year?
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 107408
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 1:29 pm


Re: Jacob Eason
Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:49 am
  • He’s going to the NFL.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 30962
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Jacob Eason
Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:52 am
  • He'll go and someone will draft him in the first round
    getnasty
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4551
    Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:22 pm


Re: Jacob Eason
Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:03 pm

Re: Jacob Eason
Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:11 pm
  • Funny how he will probably be the highest QB drafted from UW since Tui but he didn't really even have good stats or that "It Factor".

    Reminds me a big of Josh Allen and Jay Cutler as far as his future may be brighter than his college success.
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner
     
    Posts: 4942
    Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:38 am
    Location: Renton, WA


Re: Jacob Eason
Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:37 pm
  • Wenhawk wrote:Funny how he will probably be the highest QB drafted from UW since Tui but he didn't really even have good stats or that "It Factor".

    Jake Locker was the #8 overall pick.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10591
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: Jacob Eason
Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:04 pm
  • HawkGA wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    Wenhawk wrote:I don't think he is a top 10 pick right now. If he returns and makes big strides here could be a top 3 pick. Not sure how many millions that is but getting a 1 year jump on FA could be 30+ million lost if he's an actual NFL starter.


    He's definitely not a top-10 and as I noted in the OP, no one is even listing him as a 1st rounder. I am guessing that a lot of interest in him as a 1st rounder is what he was looking for.

    Salvon should stay too, running backs of his size are not highly valued these days and he could find himself far down in the rounds.


    Curious on your RB comment. Don't know these players from Adam, but I have a general rule that RBs should come out as soon as they are viable. Too much wear and tear on the body when the play and the more they play for free, the less they'll get paid to play. You even say backs of his size aren't valued very highly, is that likely to change next year?


    The "wear and tear" thing is a trendy saying that sport's writers have employed in recent years. That's not to say that I don't agree with it but I don't think it necessarily applies to Salvon. He has been used mainly on outside runs and only this year after Gaskin left has he ran much inside and then not much.

    As for size, wear and tear especially applies in the rough and tumble world of the NFL. Look at the top backs, all big except for Christian McCaffrey, and as much as I like Salvon, he is no Christian McCaffrey.

    We know the family and they think his combine stats are going to wow teams possibly looking for an RB like him (3rd down back). We will see.
    Last edited by DomeHawk on Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6516
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


Re: Jacob Eason
Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:05 pm
  • Eason is hearing that he will be a 1st rounder and that is all he needed to declare.

    Just because I think it is the wrong decision doesn't necessarily make it so.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6516
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


Re: Jacob Eason
Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:59 pm
  • I think Brock nailed it. He would be under a new coordibator AGAIN, new HC, new system. UW wasmt his first choice of school. He has all the physical ability. He make actually up rather fortunate snd fall to a better team in the mid/mid late first.

    Indy, TB, Minn, NE come off the top of my head as potential landing spots.
    Subzero717
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9990
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


Re: Jacob Eason
Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:02 pm
  • Subzero717 wrote:I think Brock nailed it. He would be under a new coordibator AGAIN, new HC, new system. UW wasmt his first choice of school. He has all the physical ability. He make actually up rather fortunate snd fall to a better team in the mid/mid late first.

    Indy, TB, Minn, NE come off the top of my head as potential landing spots.

    I don’t blame him for leaving as I think he’ll get over drafted this year. If he had a year like this year or worse his draft stock would fall.
    Physically height wise and arm wise he has what the NFL likes.

    It’s the mental part that I think he needs improvement, decision making, sensing pressure, slow reacting to pressure, touch on passes.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 30962
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Jacob Eason
Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:09 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Subzero717 wrote:I think Brock nailed it. He would be under a new coordibator AGAIN, new HC, new system. UW wasmt his first choice of school. He has all the physical ability. He make actually up rather fortunate snd fall to a better team in the mid/mid late first.

    Indy, TB, Minn, NE come off the top of my head as potential landing spots.

    I don’t blame him for leaving as I think he’ll get over drafted this year. If he had a year like this year or worse his draft stock would fall.
    Physically height wise and arm wise he has what the NFL likes.

    It’s the mental part that I think he needs improvement, decision making, sensing pressure, slow reacting to pressure, touch on passes.



    There in lies the rub, there are a lot of QB's that measure well and can throw, it's all about smart first and quick processing upstairs and then toughness in the mental aspect that really set the good guys apart from career back ups and first contract only players that get to the NFL.

    Why you have players like Wilson, Minshew, Foles, Brady, Montana that fall in drafts for one reason or another for physical attributes but in a game succeed when given a chance.

    Their head is superior to others with better physical attributes. Sometimes you get both in the same body.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 32890
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Jacob Eason
Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:02 pm
  • Another poster said he's a Jeff George-I totally agree with that.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5520
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 pm


Re: Jacob Eason
Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:44 am
  • Wenhawk wrote:I don't think he is a top 10 pick right now. If he returns and makes big strides here could be a top 3 pick. Not sure how many millions that is but getting a 1 year jump on FA could be 30+ million lost if he's an actual NFL starter.


    Agreed. I thought he looked terrible this year. However, he has all the tools, and if he can come back with a solid Senior season he could easily go in the 1st round.
    xgeoff
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1450
    Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:45 pm


Re: Jacob Eason
Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:08 am
  • xgeoff wrote:
    Wenhawk wrote:I don't think he is a top 10 pick right now. If he returns and makes big strides here could be a top 3 pick. Not sure how many millions that is but getting a 1 year jump on FA could be 30+ million lost if he's an actual NFL starter.


    Agreed. I thought he looked terrible this year. However, he has all the tools, and if he can come back with a solid Senior season he could easily go in the 1st round.


    He wasn't terrible all year he was inconsistent and didn't perform well under pressure at times. That is a component of experience which he needs more of.

    In fact, in the game against Oregon he outplayed Justin Herbert who is likely a top-5 or top-10 draft pick.

    In addition to that, he completed 63% of his passes against top-25 teams.

    Not the season we were looking for but to classify it as "terrible" is just not factually correct.

    https://www.espn.com/college-football/p ... acob-eason
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6516
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


Re: Jacob Eason
Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:36 am
  • He wont fall past the Colts.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3540
    Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:40 am
    Location: South Seattle


Re: Jacob Eason
Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:15 pm
  • I like the Josh Allen comp. at Wyoming Josh, like Jacob, had a very weak WR group to work with making judgements about his ceiling difficult. People were writing Allen off after his rookie season and he now had Buffalo in the playoffs.
    Milehighhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 826
    Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:33 pm




It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:58 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 49 guests