Jacob Eason

D

DomeHawk

Uncle Si

Reaction score
DomeHawk":6jzo4bui said:
I have looked at four mock drafts today and not a single one has Eason as a 1st rounder. Herbert is at #9 on almost every one going to the Chargers. Makes sense with Rivers about to retire.

Eason would be crazy to go, he could easily be a top-5 pick next year.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/new ... ir-tackle/

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/12/1 ... tagovailoa

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/re ... s#slide-13

https://walterfootball.com/draft2020.php

When does he need to make a decision?

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Uncle Si":nint1f2c said:
DomeHawk":nint1f2c said:
I have looked at four mock drafts today and not a single one has Eason as a 1st rounder. Herbert is at #9 on almost every one going to the Chargers. Makes sense with Rivers about to retire.

Eason would be crazy to go, he could easily be a top-5 pick next year.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/new ... ir-tackle/

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/12/1 ... tagovailoa

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/re ... s#slide-13

https://walterfootball.com/draft2020.php

When does he need to make a decision?
I believe he has until Jan. 20 to declare.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

I think many believe he will go if he gets some positive feedback from NFL teams but in my opinion he should consider coming back and strengthening his position for next year's draft. He could get an insurance policy that would cover his a$$.

My sources tell me he is being very tight-lipped about the situation and everyone is respecting that.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I don't think he is a top 10 pick right now. If he returns and makes big strides here could be a top 3 pick. Not sure how many millions that is but getting a 1 year jump on FA could be 30+ million lost if he's an actual NFL starter.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Wenhawk":2mqyv0nn said:
I don't think he is a top 10 pick right now. If he returns and makes big strides here could be a top 3 pick. Not sure how many millions that is but getting a 1 year jump on FA could be 30+ million lost if he's an actual NFL starter.

He's definitely not a top-10 and as I noted in the OP, no one is even listing him as a 1st rounder. I am guessing that a lot of interest in him as a 1st rounder is what he was looking for.

Salvon should stay too, running backs of his size are not highly valued these days and he could find himself far down in the rounds.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Eason definitely needs to stay. If he goes this year, he could have a Marc Sanchez type flame out to his career.

Or, he could get drafted late, barely make a roster, rarely play, if at all, then unceremoniously fall out of the league.

He needs a full year of good to great college football play, so that he can show the NFL that he deserves to play.

Look at all those so-so QBs out of Oklahoma state, Alabama, etc, etc that were drafted in the mid to late rounds and never went anywhere. If you can even remember who they were.

HawkGA

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1r7vndrs said:
Wenhawk":1r7vndrs said:

He's definitely not a top-10 and as I noted in the OP, no one is even listing him as a 1st rounder. I am guessing that a lot of interest in him as a 1st rounder is what he was looking for.

Salvon should stay too, running backs of his size are not highly valued these days and he could find himself far down in the rounds.

Curious on your RB comment. Don't know these players from Adam, but I have a general rule that RBs should come out as soon as they are viable. Too much wear and tear on the body when the play and the more they play for free, the less they'll get paid to play. You even say backs of his size aren't valued very highly, is that likely to change next year?

getnasty

Reaction score
He'll go and someone will draft him in the first round

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Funny how he will probably be the highest QB drafted from UW since Tui but he didn't really even have good stats or that "It Factor".

Reminds me a big of Josh Allen and Jay Cutler as far as his future may be brighter than his college success.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Wenhawk":11femx3s said:
Funny how he will probably be the highest QB drafted from UW since Tui but he didn't really even have good stats or that "It Factor".
Jake Locker was the #8 overall pick.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

HawkGA":3d3cemlj said:
DomeHawk":3d3cemlj said:
Wenhawk":3d3cemlj said:

Curious on your RB comment. Don't know these players from Adam, but I have a general rule that RBs should come out as soon as they are viable. Too much wear and tear on the body when the play and the more they play for free, the less they'll get paid to play. You even say backs of his size aren't valued very highly, is that likely to change next year?

The "wear and tear" thing is a trendy saying that sport's writers have employed in recent years. That's not to say that I don't agree with it but I don't think it necessarily applies to Salvon. He has been used mainly on outside runs and only this year after Gaskin left has he ran much inside and then not much.

As for size, wear and tear especially applies in the rough and tumble world of the NFL. Look at the top backs, all big except for Christian McCaffrey, and as much as I like Salvon, he is no Christian McCaffrey.

We know the family and they think his combine stats are going to wow teams possibly looking for an RB like him (3rd down back). We will see.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Eason is hearing that he will be a 1st rounder and that is all he needed to declare.

Just because I think it is the wrong decision doesn't necessarily make it so.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I think Brock nailed it. He would be under a new coordibator AGAIN, new HC, new system. UW wasmt his first choice of school. He has all the physical ability. He make actually up rather fortunate snd fall to a better team in the mid/mid late first.

Indy, TB, Minn, NE come off the top of my head as potential landing spots.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Subzero717":1zgoghxy said:
I think Brock nailed it. He would be under a new coordibator AGAIN, new HC, new system. UW wasmt his first choice of school. He has all the physical ability. He make actually up rather fortunate snd fall to a better team in the mid/mid late first.

I don’t blame him for leaving as I think he’ll get over drafted this year. If he had a year like this year or worse his draft stock would fall.
Physically height wise and arm wise he has what the NFL likes.

It’s the mental part that I think he needs improvement, decision making, sensing pressure, slow reacting to pressure, touch on passes.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3awuseii said:
Subzero717":3awuseii said:

I don’t blame him for leaving as I think he’ll get over drafted this year. If he had a year like this year or worse his draft stock would fall.
Physically height wise and arm wise he has what the NFL likes.

It’s the mental part that I think he needs improvement, decision making, sensing pressure, slow reacting to pressure, touch on passes.

There in lies the rub, there are a lot of QB's that measure well and can throw, it's all about smart first and quick processing upstairs and then toughness in the mental aspect that really set the good guys apart from career back ups and first contract only players that get to the NFL.

Why you have players like Wilson, Minshew, Foles, Brady, Montana that fall in drafts for one reason or another for physical attributes but in a game succeed when given a chance.

Their head is superior to others with better physical attributes. Sometimes you get both in the same body.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Another poster said he's a Jeff George-I totally agree with that.

Latest posts