Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Transfer Portal

Discuss your thoughts about anything College Football or NFL draft. Recruiting, Projections, and Mock drafts, Etc. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Transfer Portal
Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:36 pm
  • Thoughts on how it played out this year?

I'm a fan. Jalrn Hurts leaves Bama and goes to a team that makes the CFP (though he was a graduate transfer, not sure if that is different than the Portal).

Burrow has a Heisman season and is leading the #1 team in the country right now.

Fields left Georgia and is in the CFP, leading the current #2 team in the country.

Eason had a good enough season to decide to go pro (though I think it is a mistake, getting a second year of starting experience is huge).

Am I missing anybody?
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Re: Transfer Portal
Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:04 pm
  • Burrow came from Ohio State..I find it funny
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:55 pm
  • Illinois completely transformed their team this year with a handful of graduate transfers that had 2 years of eligibility left, including their QB and leading WR. The commentators mentioned during the RedBox Bowl today that they'll have something like 16 returning starters next year.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:43 pm
  • So if I get this right, this transfer portal is NFL Junior Varsity Free Agency?
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:46 am
  • Seahawkfan80 wrote:So if I get this right, this transfer portal is NFL Junior Varsity Free Agency?

Yes.

When the money starts rolling in the transfer portal is going to get even more interesting.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:42 am
  • sdog1981 wrote:
    Seahawkfan80 wrote:So if I get this right, this transfer portal is NFL Junior Varsity Free Agency?

Yes.

When the money starts rolling in the transfer portal is going to get even more interesting.

While the NCAA is still supposedly comprised of "student athletes", I think the portal is further cementing the destruction of college football.

They should just go ahead and severe the ties between universities and football all together and make it a semi-pro league. That way all the players can be paid according to the value they bring their teams and we no longer pretend it is anything about academics. Win/Win.
    Milehighhawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:29 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT ]

Information