Who do you like at safety

Chawker

Reaction score
He may raise up to the 5th round by the time the draft gets here.

Jeremy Chinn S 6'3" 208 Sr S.Illnois

He looks real good on film, plays a little cocky, good blitzer, tackles well and plays the pass just the way a true safety should. Excellent speed and range .

chris98251

Reaction score
Kyle Dugger SS Lenoir-Rhyne, small school but has everything we want as a enforcer guy, need that presence, McDougald plays smart but does not have that knock you out body and presence.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I like both for that role.

However, I don't see us in the market for mid round safeties. Especially if you consider we already 'drafted' a safety by way of trade for Diggs mid season.

Additionally, it would mean you're almost moving on from Blair already. Since that's his supposed role. It's hard to imagine you are going to carry McDougald, Blair and a developmental SS.

I do like those prospects though. And wouldn't mind if they ended up being a plan B if other positions don't have good options in that range. I just don't think we'll keep the same number of safeties on the roster we did this year at the expense of having a quality nickel corner. That liability really hurt us this year defensively.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
The best safety in this draft would be a player that went from safety to LB. I believe he could be better than Cam Chancellor at safety.

Isaiah Simmons 6' 4" 225 lb Clemson jr.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Chawker":255pst4n said:
The best safety in this draft would be a player that went from safety to LB. I believe he could be better than Cam Chancellor at safety.

I watched some of Simmons highlights, & I think he'd be an excellent pickup.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
I'm trying to find the game tape from 2018 Mississippi st. (D.K. Metcalf and A.J. Brown) vs Southern Illinois, Jeremy Chinn S, Miss st. won 76 to 45.

Just to see what Chinn looked like going up against two NFL WRs. Chinn is also a finalist for the Buck Buchanan award.

CDN_C_Hawk

Reaction score
Chawker":1epwib0p said:

Most mocks have him gone within top 15 at latest. Jeremy Chinn.....I see listed on Draftscouts at 6'3"/219 and a 4:40...40yd and is a natural SS, most mocks have him late 3rd or 4th rounds.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Chinn is a Saluki.

When will you EVER get a chance to draft another Saluki?

chris98251

Reaction score
Largent80":2vc1azrq said:
Kyle Dugger.

Yes, we only have so many higher round picks, the love fest for the name guys in my eyes is good, we shouldn't go after a Safety that high, DE, Guards and Center, maybe Harris from UW, he checks all the boxes and isn't as highly publicized, Dugger I think is around the 3rd round, there will be a WR run and a lot of D line reaches. CB's also, draft after DE should fall to us with good options, Go after the DE if he is there, don't get cute, after that fill with bonafide people at positions not projects. Duggar may not start but he can contribute on Special teams as a returner and as a Enforcer and Gunner, he is that fast. Let him learn the Pro Game and then like Kam, be ready to step in as a Enforcer.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Chawker":7q5axt03 said:
He may raise up to the 5th round by the time the draft gets here.

Jeremy Chinn S 6'3" 208 Sr S.Illnois

He looks real good on film, plays a little cocky, good blitzer, tackles well and plays the pass just the way a true safety should. Excellent speed and range .

Just a note: Chinn already qualifies physically (shuttle/3c pending) with Seattle's benchmarks for outside corner. One of the few prospects in the class that does this year. And really doesn't merely qualify -- but highly qualifies. In fact, his testing is even equal/superior to Jeffrey Okudah who is the premier tester among CBs this class despite Chinn being 15 lbs heavier. Seattle could easily be eyeing him as a Tre Flowers type of hybrid prospect.

If his agility testing on March 12th goes well -- he might be the highest CB drafted in the Carroll/Schneider era. He'd be a very unique player suited to play either CB/S.

Also, his listed weight is 221 at the combine. Size wise, he's a clone of Brandon Browner (both 75", 221 lbs). Chinn's speed and leaping is vastly superior. I'd expect his agility to shame Browner's as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if Seattle reaches for him early, despite what appears to be a glut of Safeties on the current roster. Chinn could easily fill another role immediately -- while having the flexibiliity to move to safety if required/desired. If Seattle wants to add more boom to it's secondary, there aren't many prospects like Chinn that come along. Certainly not in every draft.

Even if they don't want to do that, Chinn is kind of uniquely qualified to cover TEs, should that also be a potential role. He matches up extremely favorably to virtually any kind of TE (Inline or Move). A unique blend of size/length and speed that can be deployed in a variety of roles depending on opponent matchup.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Agreed. We need to go into the draft thinking Diggs, McDougald, Blair.... and much needed depth. T2 and Lano = no bueno.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
Tanner Muse S Clemson 6'2" 231

Could be our new enforcer that we been looking for. I'd be proud to have Tanner on our team.

Draftrek has him way under valued. :drool:

Subzero717

Reaction score
Xavier McKinney. Its by a wide margin.

I understand the sentiment and desire to replace Kam but ut just isnt likelt ever going to happen. Issaih Simmons would ve awesome but ut just isn't happening. A lot of teams tried something similar and it never quite worked out the way they hoped. Not saying they failed. It just wasnt the result they were looking for.

The other point is, for as awesome as Kam was, the dip qhen he left wasnt nearly as significant as when Earl was gone. Sure we stumbled in 15 without him but we didnt have a serviceable back uo. In 18 with Mcdougal and Earl statistically were playing very well. In 18 without Earl and 19 until Diggs got here we were a complete mess. The centerfielder is the straw that stirs the drink. Its the most important position on this defense.

chris98251

Reaction score
McDougald is a smart player, but his body is not suited for the type of play we ask of that position, we need thump back at the SS position, Dugger would be ideal and probably could be had a bit later, having a list of guys just in case that can fit that mold is going to be a good challenge for John and Pete.

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
Chawker":199oklz2 said:

Could be our new enforcer that we been looking for. I'd be proud to have Tanner on our team.

This....He is an athletic freak, overshadowed by Simmons

CDN_C_Hawk

Reaction score
Seahawkwalt1967":9941itbb said:
Chawker":9941itbb said:

This....He is an athletic freak, overshadowed by Simmons

He was a beast at the Combine....but Chin and Dugger stole some of his thunder....can see him as a tweener, adding 8-10 lbs and playing LEO spot. Hes available in late 4th and into the 5th rds

CDN_C_Hawk

Reaction score
CDN_C_Hawk":3o9rdd9c said:
Chawker":3o9rdd9c said:

Most mocks have him gone within top 15 at latest. Jeremy Chinn.....I see listed on Draftscouts at 6'3"/219 and a 4:40...40yd and is a natural SS, most mocks have him late 3rd or 4th rounds.

I have only seen 2 mocks where hes gone in the 1st rnd, and those were later than 23, now I see hes projected in mid teens to late in the 2nd. Think if we can trade down 10-12 spots, can grab him at 27th in 2nd...look for OL....DL with first pick in 2nd.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Chawker":qhlvb1xc said:

I think Muse is a player who will be drafted to be an OLB instead of a S.