Josh Epenesa

TreeRon

Reaction score
CBS mock says we get him as the steal of the draft. One can only hope.

Vaclav44

Reaction score
I've watched him beat up on my Cyclones for years. He's a beast and I'd be thrilled to have him on our squad.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I like him, but I don't think he's at all worth where he was initially being mocked in the top 15.

I don't think he's a great fit, and I'm worried about his lack of explosion. No bend, not really a great set of pass rush moves...

He has played well, however. He can anchor very well, has enough sand in his trousers to be an effective run defender as a base end. Definitely not a screamer off the edge. His power won't be as effective against pro tackles, imo.

In the late first, I think his power and length are traits that make him a passable selection as a player with a high floor. I just don't think he solves our pass rush problem like a bona fide speed rusher has the potential to.

Personally, I'd prefer him as a second round prospect. I like Gross Matos a little bit better, and K'Lavon Chaisson better than both of them. Seems like Chiasson will be long gone by 27, though.

OP
OP
TreeRon

TreeRon

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":28vja3dc said:
I like him, but I don't think he's at all worth where he was initially being mocked in the top 15.

I don't think he's a great fit, and I'm worried about his lack of explosion. No bend, not really a great set of pass rush moves...

He has played well, however. He can anchor very well, has enough sand in his trousers to be an effective run defender as a base end. Definitely not a screamer off the edge. His power won't be as effective against pro tackles, imo.

In the late first, I think his power and length are traits that make him a passable selection as a player with a high floor. I just don't think he solves our pass rush problem like a bona fide speed rusher has the potential to.

Personally, I'd prefer him as a second round prospect. I like Gross Matos a little bit better, and K'Lavon Chaisson better than both of them. Seems like Chiasson will be long gone by 27, though.

I've seen mocks with us getting those guys. Personally I want us to address the D line in FA and draft O.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
There's a whole slew of fresh mocks out today. None of them having any of our targets at edge or DE available to us. Instead they have us taking a varity of choices, including one of the monster O Linemen from Bama, of from Houston etc., although one had us getting a major D lineman.
Fine by me, although I hope we don't ignore a good center.
Looks like we're gonna have to pony up some cash to get better on the edge.

Largent80

Reaction score
Center is the main focus on this draft If I am JS. Too hard to ignore.

Reagor would be a perfect fit in this offense. PLEASE get him.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
AJ is having a pretty bad combine when it comes to measurable testing. 5.05 40 yard dash, 3 cone might be bad too. He may fall to the second, but he's a true power end who will likely be able to slide inside, and he looks fluid in the 4 bag and other LB style drills.

AJ may present excellent value if he is around at the end of the first/top of the second.

Seafan

Reaction score
Two things, the mocks will change drastically between now and draft day. The Hawks don't usually draft in the first round.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
What I noticed today watching the Edge players is AJ has a great combination of power and bend, which unfortunately for him are not part of the measurements at the Combine. Not saying he's our guy but I believe that he's an NFL starter by his second year.

Atradees

Reaction score
Both AJ Epenesa and gross Matos might be there at 27 but we wont go after them.

I think AJ has it; he played good competition. not always about pure athleticism and he is a guy that will produce. i also like his size.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Appyhawk":b1e1kqwn said:
There's a whole slew of fresh mocks out today. None of them having any of our targets at edge or DE available to us. Instead they have us taking a varity of choices, including one of the monster O Linemen from Bama, of from Houston etc., although one had us getting a major D lineman.
Fine by me, although I hope we don't ignore a good center.
Looks like we're gonna have to pony up some cash to get better on the edge.

You're making that conclusion all from mock drafts? Have you followed past drafts? Honestly curious.