Alex Highsmith

ivotuk

Reaction score
titan3131":2x4dh69h said:
Tipa to me is a 6th rd or later flyer.

im getting more interested in Alex highsmith more and more...

This Alex Highsmith?

Why Charlotte DE Alex Highsmith Will Be Highest-Drafted 2020 Shrine Alumni

And as a player in Conference USA, Highsmith successfully checks boxes from a productivity standpoint as well — considering you'll want smaller school players to dominate the competition. But where do players need to pass with flying colors the most?

The tape. Always check the tape.

In the case of Highsmith, the tape tells the story of an explosive athlete who doesn't just run around people with bursts but actually shows next level skills with his hands. Highsmith offers good quickness in short spaces and illustrates the necessary bend and tilt to corner and attack quarterbacks with effectiveness. His explosion may get all the press, but one of his best qualities is his hands.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/wh ... ine-alumni

titan3131

Reaction score
ivotuk":396q1tck said:
titan3131":396q1tck said:
Tipa to me is a 6th rd or later flyer.

im getting more interested in Alex highsmith more and more...

This Alex Highsmith?

Why Charlotte DE Alex Highsmith Will Be Highest-Drafted 2020 Shrine Alumni

And as a player in Conference USA, Highsmith successfully checks boxes from a productivity standpoint as well — considering you'll want smaller school players to dominate the competition. But where do players need to pass with flying colors the most?

The tape. Always check the tape.

In the case of Highsmith, the tape tells the story of an explosive athlete who doesn't just run around people with bursts but actually shows next level skills with his hands. Highsmith offers good quickness in short spaces and illustrates the necessary bend and tilt to corner and attack quarterbacks with effectiveness. His explosion may get all the press, but one of his best qualities is his hands.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/wh ... ine-alumni

Yessir!

Unfortunate he was on a 49ers team but think we can show him the light...

Highest single-game pass-rush grade; draft-eligible EDGE

1. Chase Young (Wk 5) - 96.8
2. Chase Young (Wk 4) - 96.2
3. Alex Highsmith (Wk 1) - 94.7

[tweet]https://twitter.com/i/status/1218296663388848130[/tweet]

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Yes that one.

Been eyeing him since before the Shrine game. Was the player that I had in mind during the 'how to project mid round pass rushers' discussions were underway.

Not as high on him as I was on Javon Hargrave coming out or Terron Armstead, but pretty close. If Seattle can pick up an extra third round pick and take him there, I'd consider that a win on draft day. Feel about the same on him as I did on Justin Simmons and would feel equally filthy if we ended up Odhiambo'ing that selection.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
From SDB:

Alex Highsmith’s top short shuttle time of 4.31 is only 14th best in the last five years. So while he led the 2020 group, it’s more ‘decent’ than ‘great’ compared to previous drafts. He does have 33 inch arms but his 10-yard split was only a 1.68 at 248lbs.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":3anyg5fa said:
From SDB:

Alex Highsmith’s top short shuttle time of 4.31 is only 14th best in the last five years. So while he led the 2020 group, it’s more ‘decent’ than ‘great’ compared to previous drafts. He does have 33 inch arms but his 10-yard split was only a 1.68 at 248lbs.

These scores/traits are perfectly acceptable for the range in which he's assumed to be selected He may be reached on by some team due to the lack of competition at a position of almost universal need.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
NOTE: This post has been deleted 5/22/20, ------- this comes after multiple unprovoked attacks on me by the asshole acer1240. I will never post here again. This site has officially gone to hell & I'll never return.

chris98251

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":3kjdw0md said:
#14 in last 5 years probably means he's around 14 out of 100-120+ players & that ain't too bad. I appreciate Rob Staton's opinions, however in the draft he seems to key in only on top 50 or so players and often dismisses most of the rest. A 1.68 10-yard split may not be "elite" but it's still pretty "good" and "serviceable". The draft is 7 rounds long & we know from history that many players on day 2 & 3 of the draft have some perceived warts.

Over the years numerous players that were drafted as day-2 & 3 picks have done well. I would put Highsmith in that group, he's good but really needs good coaching up to be able to fully deliver what his physical profile hints at. Player value is directly related to where you pick them. Round 3 - is a likely landing spot for Highsmith, I hope the Seahawks will see good value in the pick and select him there. I think it's highly probable that the Seahawks 1-st 3 picks will be WR, OL & DT not necessarily in that order, IF so, the 3-rd round pick of an EDGE would be highly needed to meet team needs. EDGE-Alton Robinson = maybe an alternative if Highsmith is gone when the Seahawks pick.
:smilingalien:

It all depends o the ego of the GM, a good GM will find players that fit their Coaches systems rather then try to mold a player to fit a system, those are the ones that can play right away and stand out rather then get lost on depth charts trying to figure out how to be a player.