Joe Burrow having 2nd thoughts on Cincy?

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
I think Burrow is damned no matter what he does. Lets say he does get drafted with no problem, well he's playing for a really bad Cincy team that is in a major re-build. Lets say he does pull an Eli, who would he go to? The next five teams coming up behind Cincy in the draft are all just as bad dumpster fires.

I believe I heard rumors of Cincy attempting to shop the 1st overall pick, but they're obviously going to want a kings ransom for it.

KinesProf

Reaction score
I don't blame him. As Carson Palmer recently said, and as the evidence bares, the Bengals don't seem to operate in a way that indicates that they are interested in winning a Super Bowl.

I enjoy the draft, but on principal I don't like that there is a draft.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Raiders trading Carr to move up to #1 with other picks would be a very Raiders thing to do.

Based off the pick value chart:

#1 pick is worth 3000 points

Raiders picks:

#12: 1200 points
#19: 875 points
2021 1st rounder: ~1000 points
Plus Carr?

I bet the Bengals would be all over that.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":1i0ybaip said:
I think Burrow is damned no matter what he does. Lets say he does get drafted with no problem, well he's playing for a really bad Cincy team that is in a major re-build. Lets say he does pull an Eli, who would he go to? The next five teams coming up behind Cincy in the draft are all just as bad dumpster fires.

I believe I heard rumors of Cincy attempting to shop the 1st overall pick, but they're obviously going to want a kings ransom for it.

I feel like you are disparaging dumpster fires by comparing them to Cincy.

That aside, Cincy probably does deserve to be in a special category of horrible. I'd put Cleveland in that category too, but they have at least accumulated enough talent to mask the dumpster fire. Outside of those two, I'm not sure I see another team that is at that level of hopeless.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
That level of hopeless came awfully close to beating US in Seattle game 1 last year and we struggled to beat Cleveland.
We made it through a very successful season balancing on the edge of a cliff. Fortunately we leaned the right way.
We need a lot of help to repeat what we got done last year, let alone do better.
So I think Burrows is in line for wading through some deep crap regardless what happens.

sdog1981

Reaction score
The Bengals in no way want to win football games. The Brown family still runs the team like they are about to go broke, they never spend money and they never fire bad coaches because they don't want to pay them. The Bengals are about to go back to sleep as they did in the 70s, 90s and early 2000s with winning 3 games a year.

chris98251

Reaction score
Browns have always been that way, I am sure Cleveland is thankful he wanted to have a franchise in Cincy and left there to do so, brilliant football mind in his day.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Appyhawk":3ffamfel said:
Saw today Burrows is walking back the tough talk. Says he'll march right in and be grateful for whoever picks him.
Someone must have slipped him a attitude pill...
To be fair, I don't blame him worrying about walking into a disaster of a team like Cincy. Especially how they treated Carson Palmer.