Seahawks known visits:

getnasty

Reaction score
I like that list of names outside of Dillion eventhough he might help in short yardage. Reagor is really growing on me seems like a guy you might be able trade down in the first amd pick up early in round 2.

getnasty

Reaction score
Updated list with a few more names. Diggs and Fulton suggest that CB could be in play for round 1. Rough day for Stenberg yesterday.

Bradley Anae, DE/3-4OLB, Utah (COM)
Zack Baun, 3-4OLB/OLB, Wisconsin (COM)
Ross Blacklock, DT/3-4DE, TCU (COM)
Hunter Bryant, TE, Washington (COM)
Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama (COM)
A.J. Dillon, RB/FB, Boston College (COM)
Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU (COM)
Yetur Gross-Matos, DE/3-4OLB, Penn State (COM)
Zack Moss, RB, Utah (COM)
Julian Okwara, 3-4OLB/OLB, Notre Dame (COM)
Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU (COM)
Logan Stenberg, G, Kentucky (COM)

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":34tbq42h said:
KitsapGuy":34tbq42h said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/CorbinSmithNFL/status/1233041763272712192[/tweet]

Stenberg. Yessssssss.
Not for me. He looked slow and prodding at the Combine. There's much better C/G prospects in this draft.

jmahon316

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":123pfvpc said:
Maelstrom787":123pfvpc said:
KitsapGuy":123pfvpc said:

Stenberg. Yessssssss.
Not for me. He looked slow and prodding at the Combine. There's much better C/G prospects in this draft.

I'm not so sure, man. When it comes down to it, I'd rather see someone who has excellent game film doing what they'll actually be expected to do than someone who's a combine star. EX: John Ross III

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
NOTE: This post has been deleted 5/22/20, ------- this comes after multiple unprovoked attacks on me by the asshole acer1240. I will never post here again. This site has officially gone to hell & I'll never return.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":f3kux3x4 said:
We're going to draft Okwara

"A year ago Pete Carroll delivered the following quote as he prepared to draft a defensive lineman in round one:

“We’re just looking for activity and problem-makers. Usually you can look to that pressure percentage; how many times when they rush do they affect the quarterback?”

L.J. Collier’s pressure percentage was 19.2% in his final year at TCU, just below Brian Burns (19.7%) and Montez Sweat (20.2%). He had a higher rating than Clelin Ferrell (18.5%) and Rashan Gary (15.8%).

Evidently this was a big reason why they drafted him at #27....

... PFF also revealed that Julian Okwara (19.1%) and Curtis Weaver (18.2%) led all draft eligible pass rushers in pressure percentage for 2018 and 2019 combined. Chase Young was third with 17.6%."

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/pass-rush- ... ree-agency

TELL ME THIS DOESNT LOOK LIKE BRUCE IRVIN AND CHRIS CLEMONS' BABY, LEO:
[youtube]tBmbrsWocRA[/youtube]

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I've been thinking Seattle is on him pretty hard for awhile. He has an unmistakable closing burst that is impressive and shows consistently on tape. Very good in space. He doesn't seem to be really great at beating good blocking. Don't see exceptional bend around the edge, but some good speed to power at the collegiate level.

For an unfinished product, there is a lot to work with here. I don't think his kind of explosive closing ability is coachable. For the Leo position in particular, it's one where the end is afforded quite a bit of space to work with.

Usually when I try to predict who Seattle will target at the end of R1, I generally look at guys that are mocked at 45-60 overall. Seattle kind of lives in that range for their top targets. Players that make sense based on need -- but aren't really considered R1 type players. We like to reach in that range. Okwara should go well before 45 overall. Especially in this edge rush class. Teams can't get enough edge guys and there should be plenty of reaches in this draft due to limited supply.

Wouldn't be shocked or necessarily unhappy with the pick. Although we're hungry for OT help, and likely will need a starter. This OT class is looking really quite good and I think the quality of OT is much better than DE in this range. Taking a rusher with our first pick would be textbook need before BPA. And risks us being in a position in 2021 having urgent need at OT and DE and possibly being unable to effectively address either.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":7iyqi06d said:
Wouldn't be shocked or necessarily unhappy with the pick. Although we're hungry for OT help, and likely will need a starter. This OT class is looking really quite good and I think the quality of OT is much better than DE in this range. Taking a rusher with our first pick would be textbook need before BPA. And risks us being in a position in 2021 having urgent need at OT and DE and possibly being unable to effectively address either.
Potentially could do both with our draft capital.

CBS Big board: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/

32. Josh Jones, OT, Utah
"He treats defenders brutally when able to land his hands in desired areas. Jones carries many of them to areas way past the line of scrimmage. The former Cougars star is frequently seen giving all out effort and nastiness to overwhelm defenders into oblivion. He has the traits and mentality that heavily weighs on defenders as games goes along. Many have tapped out or simply don’t want to deal with him anymore during the latter portions of games."

44. Julian Okwara, EDGE, ND
"The athletic profile here is exciting. Has the type of juice out of his stance that puts considerable stress on offensive tackles to keep pace up the arc. Surprisingly good ability to convert speed to power and condense the pocket. There is room for technical growth but his hands are active and sudden. Dip and rip/cross-chop are his best moves. Complements his burst with good flexibility throughout his frame and the ability to corner. Comfortable worker in space and he flows well in all directions. Has upside as a standup 3-4 OLB defending the run. Motor runs hot."

..that could fall nicely.

(there's our first two picks this year everyone, you're welcome :))

Trade Totals
Trader A Gives Value 27,59,103: 1078 pts.

Trader B Gives Value 32, 44: 1050 pts.

Gain/Loss %
Trader A: -2.6%
Trader B: +2.67%

https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculat ... -value.php

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Thanks man, when I think of Josh Jones getting a year directly underneath Duane Brown, I'm almost as pumped/jacked as Okwara gets me.