Ruiz, Cushenberry, Biadasz

seabowl

Reaction score
Would love them to load up on O Linemen and would be happy with any of these three guys. Even if they bring Britt back they could either put him or one of these three at guard. Give Russ more time in the pocket.

getnasty

Reaction score
Ruiz was espically smooth in drills and tested well, he also allows us the free up some more cap space by letting Britt go.

sutz

Reaction score
WE really need a lineman named Badazz on our team. :twisted:

cheese22

Reaction score
Of the three, I like Biadasz the most just because I think they could get him in the 3rd round. Love his attitude.
Another guy on my list is Matt Hennessy from Temple. He's probably a tier lower than the other 3, but I think he would be an upgrade over Hunt and should be available after the 3rd.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Ruiz is hands down my favorite center in the draft.

I could ultimately be proven wrong, but I think the gulf in quality between Ruiz and the rest is significant.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
With the sub-par Edge DL group we should definitely target Oline, WR and LB in this year's draft. And letting Britt go and re-signing Clowney appears to now be a must-do.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Still want one of these guys

titan3131

Reaction score
Ruiz is a Pro Bowler, only 21 years old and great film + athletic testing.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
These are good centers. I would like any of them.

Only issue for me would be where do they go. Because if you're taking one of them, you're leaving someone else. There does appear to be a sort of premium in terms of where these guys are slotted to go.

I certainly would rather have any of these guys to say, an Okwara or Weaver or other destined to be 3rd string DE/DT.

There also is a very real issue of just how valuable is a great center? They aren't particularly hard to find in day 2 of virtually any draft. Really, I don't think Britt as a borderline PB center is any less effective than those that make annual PBs. I certainly wouldn't want to Chris Spencer our draft because we 'have to have' a top tier center.

And it's worth noting, that taking an OC in the top 64, probably means missing out on some really good WR talent. Guys that could/should produce straight away with some degree of expectation that they turn into a Lockett type value in a year. There is a genuine cost to taking one of these guys and for certain it's drafting into a position that is both fungible and routinely able to develop acceptable quality.

If we aren't overdrafting these guys (top half of R2), I'm ok with it. I do believe that we would be better off dipping into the OT market at end of R2 if it's not totally picked over. Because those types of prospects are harder to find. And cost a lot more to retain. You can't really get a decent OT for under 10M a year.

It's not the most efficient allocation of draft capital. Particularly when we should expect quality players at other more impactful spots to be on the board.

I'll be honest though, I'd be tickled to come away with Cushenberry at the end of R2.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Atttyla:

Cushenberry, late second, or after a small trade back in the draft to the 70's range. :2thumbs:

Long arms, good size, plays smart, comes from a great program and is used to being successful. He will be a solid OC for a long time.

I also like Hennessy who is vey athletic. I suspect Ruiz is going to be drafted earlier than many predict.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I have no problem with them drafting a center if they think that's truly the best player available, but we don't need to reach for one.

We just took Pocic who was the #2 overall center in his draft class, Finney was the #3 overall center in his draft class, and we still have Hunt who started most of last year at center. A competition between those three is a solid group, and they haven't even released Britt yet.

If we can get an equivalent or better Tackle that is much more interesting, given that we need Brown's eventual replacement at LT and we could certainly use competition for Shell at RT.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I think Unger showed the value of a great C. That said, just reading the tea leaves, I think the signing of Iupati indicates we may be rolling with vets this year. At least early in the draft. Ruiz is an instant plug in but with the amount of OL we have on the roster it seems in this extraordinarily difficult offseason we are going to be leaning on vets. With that said, Schneider does what no one ever thinks or would predict.

KinesProf

Reaction score
KinesProf":wgvqbkz8 said:
I could ultimately be proven wrong, but I think the gulf in quality between Ruiz and the rest is significant.

Yep, the NFL saw the gulf as more than a round.