Name a player realistically available in the draft you like

jammerhawk

Reaction score

pcbball12

Reaction score
Offense

C Cesar Ruiz. Plug and play guy like Erick McCoy last year and 10-12 year starter with pro bowl ability. Now, this is assuming we cut Britt to go HAM on D Line I’m FA. He won’t get out of the 1st round. But if we take care of DL like I expect I’m FA, Ruiz is an instant big time upgrade to Britt.

Defense

I have 4 crushes, 2 in spots on need and 2 in spots not necessairy right now.

OLB/Edge - Josh Uche and Zack Baun.

Baun is a stud at essentially every backer spot and is just a really good player. As a rusher when played at edge he is so good. Good hands, bends, goes speed to power.

Uche played all over as well, although not as many reps in coverage. He showed out in coverage at the Senior Bowl. As a rusher he frickin screams off the edge. Such an explosive rusher that also is refined. Always has a plan, bend, speed to power. Jedrick Wills called him the best rusher he played in college and he had something like a 25% win rate as a rusher which is nuts.

Both of these guys would play SAM on early downs and give them a nickel rusher that we just have not had since Avril. Even with additions in FA, this allows you to upgrade SAM and also gives you another really good rusher off the edge.

S - Jeremy Chinn and Kyle Dugger

Now, these two obviously blew up the combine, spiking their stock. I had Chinn as my S2 and Dugger as S4 going into the combine. The fit is obvious. Both are huge and athletic freaks. But, they both are also fluid athletes that can cover. Chinn manned up on AJ Brown in 2018 and did an awesome job. They both have legit sideline to sideline speed to play single high, which is nuts to even think about with their size. They can both run and hit. Basically, you can play them anywhere in the secondary and I think both have pro bowl type of potential. I think they now cost you a 2nd now, potentially even a trade up.

Obviously we are pretty loaded at S right now, but McDougald isn’t getting younger and isn’t a great athlete as it is. Diggs is a stud and Blair showed a ton of promise. But if you can bring in one of these guys and have 3 guys that can essentially play anywhere, it allows you so much flexibility on defense. They tried to do this with Lano...now substitute him with one of these studs.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Logan Stenberg OG - Mean, nasty and strong. Rising a bit, but probably could be had middle of round 3, may have to reach in round 2.

Chase Claypool WR - Good hands, BIG body, faster than he is quick. Would be a nice compliment to our current WR crop. Plays a bit like Metcalf, would be tough to defend two of that type at once...along with Lockett in a 3 WR set.

Ashtyn Davis Safety - Good deep range and can tackle.

I also really like Kyle Dugger (see above)

Chawker

Reaction score
Defense : Julian Okwara DE 6'5" 241 Notra Dame

Jermy Chinn S 6'3" 212 S. Ill.

Offense : Chase Claypool WR 6'4" 227 Notre Dame. Another big target for Russ.
***A NEW LEFT GUARD IS A BIG NEED.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Chawker":3iqrwz1c said:
***A NEW LEFT GUARD IS A BIG NEED.
Whatever happened to Phil Haynes?

Last year during the mini-camp Duane Brown spoke very highly of him. I'm hopeful that he's the dude this year.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Michael Pittman, WR, USC. Tall, athletic, productive receiver with NFL bloodlines that plays totally under control with outstanding short shuttle time of 4.14 sec., 2nd best in the WR ranks. He's #45 on Daniel Jeremiah's Top 50 list. Bonus points for special teams play. Hopefully he's still on the board for one of our 2nd round selections.

On the Oline, I also like Isaiah Wilson and Ezra Cleveland to replace Germaine Ifedi. Either one could be had as our first pick in the upper half of the 2nd round... after trading out of #27. I also like John Simpson and Shane Lemieux as interior Oline prospects on Day 3..

On the Edge, I like Jabari Zuniga of Florida. Perhaps we could grab him with our 3rd round comp pick or with a trade down into the top of the 4th round. At 6' 3" and 264 lb. he's highly explosive having run a 4.64 sec. 40 and having jumped a 33" vert and a 127" broad.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
After assumed trade back to 30-40 overall:

Ruiz
Cushenberry
Okwara

Okwara fills need, but also good specific role fit. Ruiz I like better on tape. Cushenberry I like his unique physical traits way better (length and leverage on tape). I think Cushenberry is the home run prospect here. His ability to get low, coupled with long arms and strength -- he's the OL equivalent of Poona Ford almost exactly.

Isaiah Wilson

Very good tackle prospect. Honestly I expect him to gain traction as the process continues. OTs don't fall like this often and we have imminent need here.

64:

Jeremy Chinn

Size. Aggressive. But absolutely supernatural coverage ability. He's not the hitter Kam was, but who is? His coverage ability day one is going to be superior. Was tasked and able to work as nickel corner over slot receivers. Won't be able to do that in the pros, but definitely speaks to his coverage skill.

massari

Reaction score
TE Adam Trautman with possibly the 3rd rd comp pick

WR Jeff Thomas in the late rounds

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
massari":11ui766v said:
TE Adam Trautman with possibly the 3rd rd comp pick

Trautman is a guy I really like at exactly that slot. Seattle appeared to be interested in TE. Trautman tested pretty well, but excelled in the drills Seattle has historically shown to covet (Shuttle/3 Cone), placing 2nd and 1st respectively in the group. Albert O didn't do anything but his 40, so ranking still pending. Albert's ridiculous 40, SEC tax and productivity means he's a 2nd rounder all day -- so not in that particular equation.

Trautman's 10 yard split is also tops for the position group. These three results kind of circularly confirm what I saw on limited tape against low quality competition. He's quicker than fast. Which is really what Seattle has sought after in it's TE picks. And a genuinely better kind of prospect to succeed as an NFL TE where routes are shorter/quicker to develop.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
NOTE: This post has been deleted 5/22/20, ------- this comes after multiple unprovoked attacks on me by the asshole acer1240. I will never post here again. This site has officially gone to hell & I'll never return.

CDN_C_Hawk

Reaction score
Fanspeak.com/ontheclock/premium (with trades )
TRADES

TRADE PARTNER:
TENNESSEE TITANS
SENT: ROUND: 3 PICK: 7
ROUND: 4 PICK: 34
Round 2 /27....EDGE Darrell Taylor

RECEIVED: ROUND: 2 PICK: 29......Jeremy Chinn (SS)
Round 2 / 32...OT Prince Tega Wanogho

TRADE PARTNER:
LA CHARGERS
SENT: ROUND: 1 PICK: 27
ROUND: 3 PICK: 37

RECEIVED: ROUND: 2 PICK: 5
ROUND: 3 PICK: 7
ROUND: 4 PICK: 34

TRADE PARTNER:
DENVER BRONCOS
SENT: ROUND: 2 PICK: 5

RECEIVED: ROUND: 2 PICK: 14...DL Ross Blacklock
ROUND: 3 PICK: 13...C Llyod Cushenberry
Round 4 / 27...LB - Jordyn Brooks
Round 4 / 38...WR - Antonio Gandy-Golden
Round 5 / 16... Edge - Alex Highsmith
Round 6 / 36... CB - Damarkus Acy

TRADE PARTNER:
NEW YORK GIANTS

SENT: FUTURE ROUND 6 PICK
RECEIVED: ROUND: 7 PICK: 24...QB Nate Stanley

Had eyes on DL, Neville Gallimore and, WR, Chase Claypool, both Canadians... but one went 2 picks before and the other , Claypool , 2 after Hawks first pick in second round. Was hoping to get RB AJ Dillon Rd 4 / 27 but he went 3 picks earlier and seeing Nate Stanley still there in 7th.....felt giving 2021 6th was worth it.