Draft Pick Value Chart

HawkGA

Reaction score
Anybody got a link to the latest and greatest?

DJrmb

Reaction score
Thank you for posting this updated chart. Every single year we get people blasting the FO for getting poor return on trades regarding draft picks. Inevitably, we will still get a few people that don't pay attention and blast Pete and John citing the old draft value chart. The fact is they've actually done fine when you reference the correct updated value charts.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
I think the chart is kind of wild. If I were a GM (or just a data guy for a team), I major imbalance between the top several picks and the rest of the table. I'm sure these are made based on numbers and statistics, but that seems crazy to me. I'd be trading out of the top 5 every chance I got. I think it definitely credence to JS's strategy.

One other note, if doing this "professionally" I'd put in a little kicker for points where even if two draft picks equaled another draft pick in points, I'd value the two picks more than the one. More chances to hit (or miss).

AgentDib

Reaction score
The revised chart listed (Rich Hill model) is a lot better than the standard one and lines up with actual NFL trades pretty well. However, it is still too steep for my tastes because trades are often influenced by other factors such as positional scarcity (QB) and team needs. If Joe Burrow turns out to be the next superstar QB then he probably is worth three #13 overall picks but that's only looking at the upside rather than all outcomes.