Trading up for Chase Young

A-Dog

Reaction score
There's been a lot of talk about Isaiah Simmons but with nobody signed yet to address the Seahawks most glaring need, outside pass rush, could it possibly make sense to go even further up to trade with Washington for the #2 overall pick?

Washington's biggest needs are O-Line and WR, which lines up well with the strengths of this draft. However, they lack a 2nd round pick, so if they draft Young they are waiting until round three to address these areas.

The other reason Young might not be as appealing to Washington is they drafted Montez Sweat last year (making a trade to get him), and he is a similar type of player - a long, athletic edge rusher who probably fits best at weakside DE. Sweat had 7.5 sacks as a rookie so he shows promise.

Sitting at #27, it would take a lot in terms of draft picks to move up, multiple #1's plus multiple #2's and change. I don't know how the math would look on the draft value chart but it would be a lot.

The other option would be trading a player. Washington missed out on Amari Cooper and need a WR. Probably the biggest trade chip on the roster for the Seahawks is D.K. Metcalf.

If Chase Young is a generational talent who would fit perfectly at Leo and provide 10+ sack potential on a rookie deal for 4-5 years, would it be worth it for Metcalf and change? Just a thought.

[youtube]aUCZgt_XG2c[/youtube]

getnasty

Reaction score
A-Dog":2ysw29pf said:
There's been a lot of talk about Isaiah Simmons but with nobody signed yet to address the Seahawks most glaring need, outside pass rush, could it possibly make sense to go even further up to trade with Washington for the #2 overall pick?

Washington's biggest needs are O-Line and WR, which lines up well with the strengths of this draft. However, they lack a 2nd round pick, so if they draft Young they are waiting until round three to address these areas.

The other reason Young might not be as appealing to Washington is they drafted Montez Sweat last year (making a trade to get him), and he is a similar type of player - a long, athletic edge rusher who probably fits best at weakside DE. Sweat had 7.5 sacks as a rookie so he shows promise.

Sitting at #27, it would take a lot in terms of draft picks to move up, multiple #1's plus multiple #2's and change. I don't know how the math would look on the draft value chart but it would be a lot.

The other option would be trading a player. Washington missed out on Amari Cooper and need a WR. Probably the biggest trade chip on the roster for the Seahawks is D.K. Metcalf.

If Chase Young is a generational talent who would fit perfectly at Leo and provide 10+ sack potential on a rookie deal for 4-5 years, would it be worth it for Metcalf and change? Just a thought.

[youtube]aUCZgt_XG2c[/youtube]

My guess it would have to be Metcalf, 27, and one if not both of our seconds. So if that's what i think it would take then hell no.