64. Jeremy Chinn, S
90. Jordan Elliott, DT
94. Willie Gay Jr., OLB
101. Anthony McFarland, RB
133. Logan Stenberg, G
144. Thaddeus Moss, TE

titan3131

Reaction score
why would we take 2 safeties after trading for an established 1, and drafting one high last year?

OP
OP
jmahon316

jmahon316

Reaction score
titan3131":1o2sutuz said:
why would we take 2 safeties after trading for an established 1, and drafting one high last year?

Because Diggs is under a team friendly contract for a short-term considering his skill (He's worth more than what we're paying him). And I do believe Blair is the next Chancellor, it never hurts to have depth or think about the future considering we're a single-high safety defense. At #40, Delpit is a steal.

Also, TT and Hill are our current "depth". Enough said. Any other questions?

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
jmahon316":1ocyjsfo said:
Because Diggs is under a team friendly contract for a short-term considering his skill (He's worth more than what we're paying him). And I do believe Blair is the next Chancellor, it never hurts to have depth or think about the future considering we're a single-high safety defense. At #40, Delpit is a steal.

If you believe Blair is the next Chancellor, then I don't understand both of these players being taken. You don't spend top 90 overall picks on guys that you expect to be depth. You pick up cap casualties to supply short term depth.

I love the Chinn pick. I think come draft time he's going to rise to top 40 overall. Trade back isn't a bad option.

Cushenberry is a luxury pick (as are both safeties). It's a bad draft option to take multiple luxury players in your first two rounds. You need either a DE, WR in there. Like most of the other picks. Moss I'm not remotely a fan of. But otherwise ok value.

This UFA period has served to shore up OL and DBs. You can't go heavy on there again in the draft. One may as well presume we've already drafted Dunbar and Diggs in this draft (using two 2020 5th rounders).

However if it rolled out that way, I can see significant value as we'd be predrafting for eventual McDougald release (UFA 2021). And we'd be 3 safeties deep despite the loss with Chinn having crossover value at CB.

It would depend on what was on the board when you picked at 40. Delpit there is potential value. It's entirely possible he wasn't as good as 2018 seemed. But if there was significant availability of DE talent at 40, we are already obliged to dip into that position group.

OP
OP
jmahon316

jmahon316

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":3ommnl9h said:
jmahon316":3ommnl9h said:

If you believe Blair is the next Chancellor, then I don't understand both of these players being taken. You don't spend top 90 overall picks on guys that you expect to be depth. You pick up cap casualties to supply short term depth.

I love the Chinn pick. I think come draft time he's going to rise to top 40 overall. Trade back isn't a bad option.

Cushenberry is a luxury pick (as are both safeties). It's a bad draft option to take multiple luxury players in your first two rounds. You need either a DE, WR in there. Like most of the other picks. Moss I'm not remotely a fan of. But otherwise ok value.

This UFA period has served to shore up OL and DBs. You can't go heavy on there again in the draft. One may as well presume we've already drafted Dunbar and Diggs in this draft (using two 2020 5th rounders).

However if it rolled out that way, I can see significant value as we'd be predrafting for eventual McDougald release (UFA 2021). And we'd be 3 safeties deep despite the loss with Chinn having crossover value at CB.

It would depend on what was on the board when you picked at 40. Delpit there is potential value. It's entirely possible he wasn't as good as 2018 seemed. But if there was significant availability of DE talent at 40, we are already obliged to dip into that position group.

I'll start this off by saying the biggest need in our roster is attitude. In my own opinion, I feel like we need to go back to the "punch them in their mouth" style, mainly on defense but partially on offense as well. With that being said:

-Delpit is Blair Insurance. As much as I have faith in Blair to be the next Chancellor, it doesn't hurt to have a contingency plan. And if Delpit turns out to be better than Blair, I'm thinking long-term and I'm locking Delpit up and trading Blair for future picks on the 3rd year of his contract (Thinking Business, not emotion, as much as I personally like Blair). Think about it: The strength of the Seahawks Defense has always been secondary.

-Cushenberry has the potential of being our future at Center. As it stands, we have a choice to restructure Britt or replace him. I say we replace for the future now instead of taking a chance at a center who has a drastic knee injury. (Once again, business and not personal)

-Chinn in my opinion is a shadow coverage player with the vision of a running back when he reaches for that interception. He will do wonders for our defense. He has the potential to play SS or FS and that kind of flexibility is what PC loves. (See McDougald)

-With Stenberg at Guard, Moss at TE, and McFarland at RB all in the same year? Paired with Dissly/Olsen/Fluker/Carson?! We'll be a force to be reckoned with on both sides of the ball.

titan3131

Reaction score
Are you aware of our current roster needs?

Because the way you structured your mock seems like you arent considering what we need for the team to take a step forward.

2 safeties
1 LB
2 IOL
1 DT
1 TE
1 RB

1st of all im not even going to hit on some of the players because I like most of them. But you are completely ignoring our biggest needs for some fairy tale idea of having more attitude in the secondary? You must miss Kam + the glory days.

We have a high pick at safety as a backup, we traded for Diggs and Mcdougald is above average. Ugo also can play FS in a pinch. Chinn is an option if they see him as so elite as to be a derwin light clone but odds are he goes top35 and we have no shot at him.

what exactly are you going to do with the Pass rush?

We havent signed clowney, or added anyone outside of Irvin, Retained Reed, Lost Qjeff, Al Woods... we have major slots to fill for now and the future.

The secondary wont be able to do jack sh1t if we cant assemble a pass rush that applies real pressure on passing downs.

jmahon316":rk2jjcf8 said:
Attyla the Hawk":rk2jjcf8 said:
jmahon316":rk2jjcf8 said:

I'll start this off by saying the biggest need in our roster is attitude. In my own opinion, I feel like we need to go back to the "punch them in their mouth" style, mainly on defense but partially on offense as well. With that being said:

-Delpit is Blair Insurance. As much as I have faith in Blair to be the next Chancellor, it doesn't hurt to have a contingency plan. And if Delpit turns out to be better than Blair, I'm thinking long-term and I'm locking Delpit up and trading Blair for future picks on the 3rd year of his contract (Thinking Business, not emotion, as much as I personally like Blair). Think about it: The strength of the Seahawks Defense has always been secondary.

-Cushenberry has the potential of being our future at Center. As it stands, we have a choice to restructure Britt or replace him. I say we replace for the future now instead of taking a chance at a center who has a drastic knee injury. (Once again, business and not personal)

-Chinn in my opinion is a shadow coverage player with the vision of a running back when he reaches for that interception. He will do wonders for our defense. He has the potential to play SS or FS and that kind of flexibility is what PC loves. (See McDougald)

-With Stenberg at Guard, Moss at TE, and McFarland at RB all in the same year? Paired with Dissly/Olsen/Fluker/Carson?! We'll be a force to be reckoned with on both sides of the ball.

12th Dimension

Reaction score
Here’s mine with no trades via the simulator.

SEA 27. Zack Baun OLB Wisconsin
SEA 59. Isaiah Wilson OT Georgia
SEA 64. Raekwon Davis DT Alabama
SEA 101. Clyde Edwards-Helaire RB LSU
SEA 133. Damien Lewis G LSU
SEA 144. John Hightower WR Boise State
SEA 214. Trevis Gipson DE Tulsa

Wish I could find a way to get KJ Hamler. I don’t love all the names but I like the positions. I want a LT of the future from this deep class while still hitting the DL hard.

KinesProf

Reaction score
12th Dimension":4uzqbojp said:

Wish I could find a way to get KJ Hamler. I don’t love all the names but I like the positions. I want a LT of the future from this deep class while still hitting the DL hard.

Wayyy better.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
NOTE: This post has been deleted 5/22/20, ------- this comes after multiple unprovoked attacks on me by the asshole acer1240. I will never post here again. This site has officially gone to hell & I'll never return.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I recommend combining any mock draft with the current roster - 55 man limit - to see how it fits. I don't have a problem with multiple safeties given that McDougald is on his final year and Blair is still only potential. We'll keep either 9 or 10 DBs and only have six locks, and we usually have one or two DBs who are special teams focused for at least their first year.

The better question is whether they were actually BPA at the time but that's impossible to address without knowing who was on the board.

OP
OP
jmahon316

jmahon316

Reaction score
I apologize, I got overzealous with seeing the big names on the board during my picks that I didn't even consider the team's needs. I re-did the simulation though, and I'm pretty proud of this one considering I nabbed quite a few quality players imo that either fills needs, feels like Seahawk-y players, or a little of both. I also took a little more time to find tape/find measurables of players I didn't know on the board before I chose last time.

Opening Trades:

#27 to GB for #30, #94
#30 to KC for #32, #138
#32 to NYG for #36, #110

36: Yetur Gross-Matos, DE
59: Matt Hennessy, C
64: Ross Blacklock, DT
94: Matt Peart, OT

It was at this time that I wasn't really impressed with who was available at 101, 110 so I did 2 more trades.

#101 & #214 to NYJ for #120, #158
#110 to LAR for #122, #199

120: A.J. Dillon, RB
122: Harrison Bryant, TE
133: Logan Stenberg, G
138: Zack Moss, RB
144: Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR
158: Tanner Muse, S
199: Thakarius Keyes, CB

Subzero717

Reaction score
Delpit is an atrocious tackler.

Im not opposed to drafting Safeties, maybe not two of them but we traded for Diggs and he is firmly entrenched as the starting FS next year at minimum. Plus we used a 2nd on Blair. I dont think theyre giving up on him yet. That said unless McKinney is avaible at 27, I cant see them drafting nor do I think its neccesary in the first 3 rounds.

McKinney is that good IMO and he could play nickle in whats likely going to be a very short rookie season while learning.

Subzero717

Reaction score
KinesProf":18rtebew said:
12th Dimension":18rtebew said:

Wayyy better.

Thats a really nice draft, outside of Baun. I dont think he is a scheme fit physically. As light as he is he just isnt fast enough IMO.

I like all the other picks. Gipsons nsme has picked up steam we shall see where he ends uo going. Likely well before 214 but we'll see.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Subzero717":2y1vqpgr said:
Delpit is an atrocious tackler.

Im not opposed to drafting Safeties, maybe not two of them but we traded for Diggs and he is firmly entrenched as the starting FS next year at minimum. Plus we used a 2nd on Blair. I dont think theyre giving up on him yet. That said unless McKinney is avaible at 27, I cant see them drafting nor do I think its neccesary in the first 3 rounds.

McKinney is that good IMO and he could play nickle in whats likely going to be a very short rookie season while learning.

Yes, I agree. Obviously I have sung Chinn's praises for precisely the same reasons (crossover value). But it's worth noting, that McDougald and Delano Hill are on their final year. Diggs has two years, but if a team needs cap space after 2020, he has no dead money and a 5M cap hit. It's a good draft to predraft for need. With the added value of hedging in case Blair fails to make the 2nd year leap. Seattle will need a S after this year. And additionally, we use safeties heavily in our ST personnel. Having the ability to add to what will be a culling of the position in 2021 has value. Particularly given that it routinely takes a year to develop and acclimate to our scheme.

As it pertains to DBs, Seattle is wise to draft a year ahead of their openings. And this is a decent S class to do that. Waiting and hoping that a good class presents itself at the precise year you have defections is how you waste capital and turn one year's needs into the next 3 drafts worth of needs (kind of like we did with DE).

I would definitely be in the market for safety on day two this year.

GoGGell

Reaction score
Almost perfect draft until round 5, without trading back. IF we now add Clowney we would be ready to go for the next season.

SEA 27.
Yetur Gross-Matos
DE Penn State
SEA 59.
Prince Tega Wanogho
OT Auburn
SEA 64.
Ross Blacklock
DT TCU
SEA 101.
James Lynch
DT Baylor
SEA 133.
Javaris Davis
CB Auburn
SEA 144.
Lamical Perine
RB Florida

What do you think?

CDN_C_Hawk

Reaction score
41: R2P9
C LLOYD CUSHENBERRY
LSU
59: R2P27
DL NEVILLE GALLIMORE
OKLAHOMA
64: R2P32
S JEREMY CHINN
SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
74: R3P10
OT PRINCE TEGA WANOGHO
AUBURN
101: R3P37
EDGE DARRELL TAYLOR
TENNESSEE
133: R4P27
RB AJ DILLON
BOSTON COLLEGE
144: R4P38
WR GABRIEL DAVIS
UCF
214: R6P35
CB STANFORD SAMUELS III
FLORIDA STATE

Trade with Cleveland... #27 for their 9th/2nd rd and their 10th in the 3rd round
This is through Fanspeak , On The Clock (premium) allows trades and the latest prospect rankings, from Fanspeak.

Largent80

Reaction score
The majority of the OP's picks will be long gone before Seattle picks.

Not an RB in the bunch?

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Largent80":4z4bg3i4 said:
The majority of the OP's picks will be long gone before Seattle picks.

Not an RB in the bunch?

An urgent need Largent, and most drafts I see (here and on the net) are more or less sweeping it under the rug. But have to say I would be excited if we had a draft that included a class made up of the guys our pards posting above have listed. They've put together some stellar lists.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
My dream draft...

1/27 - Cesar Ruiz
2/59 - Terrell Lewis
2/64 - Bryan Edwards
3/101 - AJ Dillon
4/133 - Logan Stenburg
4/144 - Josh Metellus
6/214. - Tyler Huntley